Author Topic: Plan for introducing Privacy (STEALTH) Mode feature asap  (Read 12241 times)

Offline bytemaster

Re: Plan for introducing Privacy (STEALTH) Mode feature asap
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2015, 10:31:25 pm »
OK now that this [explicit] is set in stone, I have nothing more I can do but open a poll:

what will be the average market cap loss for BTS between now and the time the stealth is out [my guess is about April].

It is ridiculous but I do think you guys are willingly taking a 2.5 to more likely 4 mil USD market cap hit, so CNX can cash 45K immediately, and onceaponaprivacydream can make this 45K suicidal investment.[the one he brakes even in about 3-5 years?]

---------
weighted market cap per CMC
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798
till 7 days before the stealth release is announced.

Tony, you are extremely short sighted.  How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features? 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2015, 10:55:34 pm »
OK now that this [explicit] is set in stone, I have nothing more I can do but open a poll:

what will be the average market cap loss for BTS between now and the time the stealth is out [my guess is about April].

It is ridiculous but I do think you guys are willingly taking a 2.5 to more likely 4 mil USD market cap hit, so CNX can cash 45K immediately, and onceaponaprivacydream can make this 45K suicidal investment.[the one he brakes even in about 3-5 years?]

---------
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798

Tony, you are extremely short sighted.  How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features?

How much it will gain if you fund ANY of the other good features you suggested*?

What market are you exactly trying to get with stealth?
Some imaginary already in crypto audience that have found only things to dislike in BTS up till now, all of a sudden jumping on BTS train for stealth?

1. Bond Market (Poloniex Style Lending)
2. Prediction Market (Auger Style)
3. Ethereum (or something similar) VM integration
4. Liquidity Incentivisation
5. Gambling Systems

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:58:00 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2015, 01:35:02 am »
This is one of the great threads. Put it up along with the "merger proposal" thread.

The irony of this proposal and that thing called dpos.

Hey what happened to the whole Stock market side of BTS? Overstock just got ok to issue shares on the BTC blockchain with Medici or whatever. I guess BTS will be a second mover in that department. And stealth won't be usable for a stock market that is legit.

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2015, 04:34:28 am »
This is one of the great threads.

what happened to the whole Stock market side of BTS? Overstock just got ok to issue shares on the BTC blockchain with Medici or whatever. I guess BTS will be a second mover in that department

That part of BTS is done already.

Anyone can issue a UIA backed by a share of Berkshire and open a market up and make money like Overstock is doing with their "trust us" version of blockchain based security sales. This is very old news man. 

google "user issued asset". and it will completely blow your f'n mind

(but not knowing where you are currently in terms of base knowledge, you might need to google "google" first)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:40:05 am by giant middle finger »

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2015, 04:44:59 am »
If you need to spin something to fit your narrative, call Stan.  He's the best in the biz...

Fuck you Stan for being an optimist. Only pessimists are allowed in this forum!

You must dwell only on the dark side!!!

---------
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798

OK since we are taking bets on the future price of BTS in USD terms, and i fully expect the price of bitcoin to rise now that both the bottom and base are in, and there will be zero tax loss selling this year (what caused last years low price in all crypto). I would have to predict that the BTS price drops -20% after the official announcement that VC money and requests for future construction (development) are now entering BTS.

oops. i forgot about the bitcoin halving. when does that happen again?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:55:31 am by giant middle finger »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2015, 04:08:45 am »
This is one of the great threads. Put it up along with the "merger proposal" thread.

The irony of this proposal and that thing called dpos.

what happened to the whole Stock market side of BTS? Overstock just got ok to issue shares on the BTC blockchain with Medici or whatever. I guess BTS will be a second mover in that department

That part of BTS is done already.

Anyone can issue a UIA backed by a share of Berkshire and open a market up and make money like Overstock is doing with their "trust us" version of blockchain based security sales. This is very old news man. 

google "user issued asset". and i will completely blow you. f'n mind

(but not knowing where you are currently in terms of base knowledge, you might need to google "google" first)

I know you've only been around a few months and you spend most of your time juggling your multiple accounts here, but there was this event that happened over a year ago that sent this submarine on an uncontrolled unrecoverable dive. Don't edit my quote, unless you like it being done to you.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2015, 03:44:11 pm »
6.   The Initialization Package shall modify the blockchain to make the Privacy Mode feature available to users.
7. The Initialization Package shall make provision for the creation of generic Fee Based Assets (FBA) and set the fee for such
Could you elaborate on the "Initialization Package" and the statement above?

8.   A GUI shall be provided in the OpenLedger and Light wallets to allow ordinary users to easily use the Privacy Mode features.
If a GUI is to be developed for OpenLedger specifically, why wouldn't you ask
for fund from them as well? Either they take part in the funding, or you should
replace OpenLedger with "web wallet". In the end, OL is free to use the feature
implemented, but I don't see why they should be part of the contract between YOU
and CNX!

Cheers
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2015, 07:37:00 pm »
6.   The Initialization Package shall modify the blockchain to make the Privacy Mode feature available to users.
7. The Initialization Package shall make provision for the creation of generic Fee Based Assets (FBA) and set the fee for such

8.   A GUI shall be provided in the OpenLedger and Light wallets to allow ordinary users to easily use the Privacy Mode features.
implemented, but I don't see why they should be part of the contract between YOU
and CNX!

Cheers

[member=6]Stan[/member]

This wording is from Stan.  Perhaps he can give an elaboration of his intention.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2015, 07:43:21 pm »

and CNX!

Cheers

[member=6]Stan[/member]

This wording is from Stan.  Perhaps he can give an elaboration of his intention.

Initialization Package is just whatever software implements the change and initializes the FBA parameters.

"Web wallet" would be more precise way of saying it.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:48:08 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2015, 07:49:57 pm »

and CNX!

Cheers

[member=6]Stan[/member]

Which wording was mine?  (I hardly ever say "cheers".)

The bolded part above that Xeroc is quoting. 

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2015, 07:55:55 pm »
See edit to this prior post
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2015, 07:14:28 am »

4.   Fees shall be automatically distributed by the blockchain to the following accounts:
        o   20% to the BitShares network.
        o   20% to a Maintenance Account.
        o   60% to holder(s) of the Privacy Mode Fees accumulation account

what is the fee if using STEALTH transfer by CLI wallet ?
I think it must same as normal ?

I  don`t think  it is a priority feature , but I cannot oppose this feature because block chain can contain many things ,
but I oppose change the fee if using  STEALTH transfer by CLI wallet
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:19:48 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2015, 07:36:53 am »

---------
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798

With the current BTS feature , it's not really hard to maintain a marketcap lower than Dogecoin with zero features .
If you stop working now , and if BTS going lower , then I think people will have no doubt that BTS is indeed centralized and worthless than Dogecoin .

You have 100X the feature than what Dogecoin has already . If BTS is not going anywhere , it's not because lack of some feature . 

The only reason that will affect BTS marketcap after you stop working on it is because it's not finished/centralized/rely on people to keep it running just like a manual device/it may render useless if BM on a boat trip.....And one day , if BM changed his mind about working on BTS because of(but not limited to) change of personality/political believes/different view of the world /suddenly hate C++ and love Java/suddenly love painting than programming/.......   , then all of their investment will go to zero .....In either case , it's not really comforting for people to use it regardless of how many new features is being developed . 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:59:31 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2015, 07:38:51 am »

4.   Fees shall be automatically distributed by the blockchain to the following accounts:

I  don`t think  it is a priority feature , but I cannot oppose this feature because block chain can contain many things ,

well that is the logical thing just for you and me...

but you should just study a bit of American history...so you know how BM is historically programed to think of freedoms, liberty, equality and words of that nature

their logic goes like this.... if I build a better looking house on your land I can claim the land as mine. After all they claimed a whole continent as 'theirs' following this tactic, what are a feature or two on BTS.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:48:37 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2015, 08:34:36 am »

well that is the logical thing just for you and me...

but you should just study a bit of American history...so you know how BM is historically programed to think of freedoms, liberty, equality and words of that nature

their logic goes like this.... if I build a better looking house on your land I can claim the land as mine. After all they claimed a whole continent as 'theirs' following this tactic, what are a feature or two on BTS.
KO him
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091