Author Topic: Plan for introducing Privacy (STEALTH) Mode feature asap  (Read 33557 times)

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
... I don't think bts would go to zero if they quit working on the project.  It's just code, its mit licensed, and any programmer could come in and start working on it.

It certainly could, though. Interesting this is being brought up today.
Just this morning I was skyped by a whale friend of mine in China who asked me...

[1:48:56 AM] : Do you know how to fork BTS ?
[1:48:56 AM] : we want to fork BTS
[1:48:56 AM] : :)
[1:48:56 AM] : For stock market use
[1:48:56 AM] : In China
[1:49:06 AM] : may need some help

If CNX doesn't keep their nose to the grindstone, the next fork might just hurt a bit more..
I think you should push him to use the current bts platform and develop on our chain instead of forking it.

What will you advise him to do?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features?

I have to agree here.

...and to think, all we need is another 19K and we will instantly have over 50K businesses (like supermarket chains!) with the ability to process Smartcoin transactions at every cash register at every one of their locations:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20762.0.html
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
The bytemaster account has 0 bts in it.  The angel account is also not all Bm.  So 10% is mostly from others voting to follow Bm. Even with all of that he still controls less than 50% of active voting stake.
That says everything. No matter what BM says or does, those people just agree. It's even worse than BM owns all the stakes.
On the opposite, it's likely that most people who don't agree with BM have voted with their feet.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:37:53 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
The bytemaster account has 0 bts in it.  The angel account is also not all Bm.  So 10% is mostly from others voting to follow Bm. Even with all of that he still controls less than 50% of active voting stake.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
OK now that this [explicit] is set in stone, I have nothing more I can do but open a poll:

what will be the average market cap loss for BTS between now and the time the stealth is out [my guess is about April].

It is ridiculous but I do think you guys are willingly taking a 2.5 to more likely 4 mil USD market cap hit, so CNX can cash 45K immediately, and onceaponaprivacydream can make this 45K suicidal investment.[the one he brakes even in about 3-5 years?]

---------
weighted market cap per CMC
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798
till 7 days before the stealth release is announced.

Tony, you are extremely short sighted.  How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features?

With the current BTS feature , it's not really hard to maintain a marketcap lower than Dogecoin with zero features .
If you stop working now , and if BTS going lower , then I think people will have no doubt that BTS is indeed centralized and worthless than Dogecoin .

You have 100X the feature than what Dogecoin has already . If BTS is not going anywhere , it's not because lack of some feature . 

The only reason that will affect BTS marketcap after you stop working on it is because it's not finished/centralized/rely on people to keep it running just like a manual device/it may render useless if BM on a boat trip.....And one day , if BM changed his mind about working on BTS because of(but not limited to) change of personality/political believes/different view of the world /suddenly hate C++ and love Java/suddenly love painting than programming/.......   , then all of their investment will go to zero .....In either case , it's not really comforting for people to use it regardless of how many new features is being developed .

I think you are giving cnx and bm too much credit as far as influence goes. From what I've seen they own less than 10% of bts.  And I don't think bts would go to zero if they quit working on the project.  It's just code, its mit licensed, and any programmer could come in and start working on it.
According to http://cryptofresh.com/ballots,
bytemaster   11 / 25 / 3   11   4.99%
angel   11 / 30 / 7   5   4.61%
Active voting stake: 21.0%
A 10% voting power (and keeps raising) is somewhat of "dictatorship" right now.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
OK now that this [explicit] is set in stone, I have nothing more I can do but open a poll:

what will be the average market cap loss for BTS between now and the time the stealth is out [my guess is about April].

It is ridiculous but I do think you guys are willingly taking a 2.5 to more likely 4 mil USD market cap hit, so CNX can cash 45K immediately, and onceaponaprivacydream can make this 45K suicidal investment.[the one he brakes even in about 3-5 years?]

---------
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798

Tony, you are extremely short sighted.  How much of a market cap hit would BTS take if we weren't working on BTS at all?  How much of a hit would it take if we diluted BTS by 30K per month to fund features?

With the current BTS feature , it's not really hard to maintain a marketcap lower than Dogecoin with zero features .
If you stop working now , and if BTS going lower , then I think people will have no doubt that BTS is indeed centralized and worthless than Dogecoin .

You have 100X the feature than what Dogecoin has already . If BTS is not going anywhere , it's not because lack of some feature . 

The only reason that will affect BTS marketcap after you stop working on it is because it's not finished/centralized/rely on people to keep it running just like a manual device/it may render useless if BM on a boat trip.....And one day , if BM changed his mind about working on BTS because of(but not limited to) change of personality/political believes/different view of the world /suddenly hate C++ and love Java/suddenly love painting than programming/.......   , then all of their investment will go to zero .....In either case , it's not really comforting for people to use it regardless of how many new features is being developed .

I think you are giving cnx and bm too much credit as far as influence goes. From what I've seen they own less than 10% of bts.  And I don't think bts would go to zero if they quit working on the project.  It's just code, its mit licensed, and any programmer could come in and start working on it.
Glad to see.. but where is this "any programmer"? It's claimed by a lot of people on this forum that only code written by or reviewed by CNX is acceptable.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
... I don't think bts would go to zero if they quit working on the project.  It's just code, its mit licensed, and any programmer could come in and start working on it.

It certainly could, though. Interesting this is being brought up today.
Just this morning I was skyped by a whale friend of mine in China who asked me...

[1:48:56 AM] : Do you know how to fork BTS ?
[1:48:56 AM] : we want to fork BTS
[1:48:56 AM] : :)
[1:48:56 AM] : For stock market use
[1:48:56 AM] : In China
[1:49:06 AM] : may need some help

If CNX doesn't keep their nose to the grindstone, the next fork might just hurt a bit more..
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

---------
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

4.   Fees shall be automatically distributed by the blockchain to the following accounts:
        o   20% to the BitShares network.
        o   20% to a Maintenance Account.
        o   60% to holder(s) of the Privacy Mode Fees accumulation account

what is the fee if using STEALTH transfer by CLI wallet ?
I think it must same as normal ?

I  don`t think  it is a priority feature , but I cannot oppose this feature because block chain can contain many things ,
but I oppose change the fee if using  STEALTH transfer by CLI wallet
If you have some stakes,  vote with them. Else your opinion won't be taken into consideration.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

4.   Fees shall be automatically distributed by the blockchain to the following accounts:

I  don`t think  it is a priority feature , but I cannot oppose this feature because block chain can contain many things ,

well that is the logical thing just for you and me...

but you should just study a bit of American history...so you know how BM is historically programed to think of freedoms, liberty, equality and words of that nature

their logic goes like this.... if I build a better looking house on your land I can claim the land as mine. After all they claimed a whole continent as 'theirs' following this tactic, what are a feature or two on BTS.
KO him
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

well that is the logical thing just for you and me...

but you should just study a bit of American history...so you know how BM is historically programed to think of freedoms, liberty, equality and words of that nature

their logic goes like this.... if I build a better looking house on your land I can claim the land as mine. After all they claimed a whole continent as 'theirs' following this tactic, what are a feature or two on BTS.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:48:37 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

---------
Dec 13 '15 - 9,602,798

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:59:31 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 07:19:48 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

6.   The Initialization Package shall modify the blockchain to make the Privacy Mode feature available to users.
7. The Initialization Package shall make provision for the creation of generic Fee Based Assets (FBA) and set the fee for such
Could you elaborate on the "Initialization Package" and the statement above?

8.   A GUI shall be provided in the OpenLedger and Light wallets to allow ordinary users to easily use the Privacy Mode features.
If a GUI is to be developed for OpenLedger specifically, why wouldn't you ask
for fund from them as well? Either they take part in the funding, or you should
replace OpenLedger with "web wallet". In the end, OL is free to use the feature
implemented, but I don't see why they should be part of the contract between YOU
and CNX!

Cheers

@Stan

This wording is from Stan.  Perhaps he can give an elaboration of his intention.

Which wording was mine?  (I hardly ever say "cheers".)

The bolded part above that Xeroc is quoting.