Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto = Craig Steven Wright  (Read 6571 times)

38PTSWarrior

Good read, I also ask myself, why the press doesn't respect his privacy

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Satoshi being known is not good for Bitcoin and consequently crypto in general.

Also that guy seemed to "unintentionally" let people know it was him. If he is he just sign a message with his PGP or bitcoin keys. That's the only way to ever confirm who Satoshi is/are
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

After watching him at that conference and reading about his knowledge of Bitcoin from other very smart individuals, I'd have a very hard time betting that it wasn't him.

I agree. It may not be definitive but the Wired article provided many dots and connected them well. I also find it curious that article didn't go back to the story about Australian tax collecters raiding his home and probe into that more.

On one hand I hope it turns out to be him b/c I like the image Wired painted of him. On the other it may not be good for him or crypto.

In cases like this in today's world you just don't know what is true and what isn't. For all we know this was all part of the banksters plans to usher in a cashless society and this is just the next phase of that plan. If they destroy bitcoin but have a better version ready to go, one the banks like but sell it as an anti-bank, government endoursed crypto (or maybe anti-war, bank friendly version), people might just flock to it and play right into their hands.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

So who thinks, if Nakamoto's ID has truly been uncovered, it will cause bitcoin to rise in value? Isn't it also quite possible it could tank it's value?

If the authorities are able to obtain access to that horde of bitcoins they could destroy the value of bitcoin by dumping it for sale on the market.

Who here is buying bitcoin and who is selling it based on this information?

Do you see Satoshi's account saying otherwise, as it did with Dorian?

I don't.  Why is that? ;)

I think the price will rise faster, than it would have otherwise, once and if it becomes "official".

Assuming it's him, if he announces he's going to begin working on Bitcoin again I think the price will rise even faster, than it would have otherwise.

Bears will dump, because that's what bears do. I will be buying, again, once that dump is near completion.

And then I'll buy again when the next dump is near completion ... rinse & repeat all the way to m000000n.

I'm not worried about the 1.1 mio BTC ... until 2020 ... but I'll have already dumped everything into BTS by then anyway. ;)

I purchased my fair share of BTC at $400 before and that turned out pretty damn good, so whether it's him or not doesn't really matter to me personally.

But I do think it will help Bitcoin if it is him or if Satoshi ever comes out of hiding and especially if he/she once again begins working on Bitcoin.

After watching him at that conference and reading about his knowledge of Bitcoin from other very smart individuals, I'd have a very hard time betting that it wasn't him.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

So who thinks, if Nakamoto's ID has truly been uncovered, it will cause bitcoin to rise in value? Isn't it also quite possible it could tank it's value?

If the authorities are able to obtain access to that horde of bitcoins they could destroy the value of bitcoin by dumping it for sale on the market.

satoshis stash is the one thing that could kill bitcoin price. it's why I'm boggled that there are so many bitcoin maximalists when so many other coins are more fairly distributed. i could see it causing a panic if this guy proved his claims

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
no signed bitcoin message, no proof.

this guy is a hoax.

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Why isn't Bitcoin $10,000 yet?!

It's nearly 24 hours after Satoshi was found, this is taking way too long!

I'm ready to retire from my very early retirement!

Stawp taking soooo loooonnng!

Hahaha.. thanks for this.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

Why isn't Bitcoin $10,000 yet?!

It's nearly 24 hours after Satoshi was found, this is taking way too long!

I'm ready to retire from my very early retirement!

Stawp taking soooo loooonnng!

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

What is the actual evidence saying he is Satoshi?

the strongest evidence is this, in my opinion, from the reddit discussion.

McGrathNicol liquidation report: Wright owned $23 million in bitcoins in June 2013. Bitcoin price in june 2013 ~$100? That's ~230,000 coins. That's strong evidence he's Satoshi or at least a very early adopter genius who believed in bitcoin from the start.

Guy has a fuckload of Bitcoins, that he likely got from being involved very early, then having the foresight to hold.

All the other evidence as far as I can tell (I've only read the wired article, not the gizmodo one yet) is falsifiable.

They're talking about a guy he worked with being involved, but who passed away in 2013. Name of Kleiman.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Thread going on bitcointalk with good links:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1281318.0

Still to early to tell.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Satoshi Nakamoto = Craig Steven Wright

http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/bitcoin-founder-unmasked-raid#.tqmeDXYXdR

I am waiting for proof from the blockchain... what do you think?

Is he going to fix Bitcoin?  :P

m00000n!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Satoshi Nakamoto = Craig Steven Wright

http://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/bitcoin-founder-unmasked-raid#.tqmeDXYXdR

I am waiting for proof from the blockchain... what do you think?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+