Author Topic: Censorship is a sign of weakness  (Read 15289 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
I move to ban @CRAPCOIN from the forum. It's crapping on every thread.

Hey, while we're at it... why not?  +5%

Offline CRAPCOIN

• You can never have enough CRAPCOIN!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: crap-coin
CRAPCOIN - Buy them on the DEX for .01 BTS each - https://goo.gl/9RNjnE

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I move to ban @CRAPCOIN from the forum. It's crapping on every thread.

Tuck Fheman

but any sane person should realise

I'm offended by your comment.

I request that Ben Mason be banned.

You've lifted part of a non personal comment that is absent any vulgarity or slander and are judging me more harshly than lzr1900.....given the number of his comments?  Your singular point being that anyone can be offended by anything, therefore we cannot set and enforce any standards for communication.  I think this is a lazy argument.  First, the argument throws any victim of abuse under the proverbial bus. Second, its perfectly possible to apply reason to each situation, allow for extenuating circumstances or reconciliation. Third, I hope that there exists a majority who's ideas of communication have a great deal of commonality, grounded in freedom & courtesy.....there's a great deal of evidence of that being the case in the pages of this forum!

Big fucking deal! Like that really matters.

To put this in the nicest terms possible: have you people completely lost your fucking minds?

how can you be so fucking stupid?!

Pull your fucking heads out of your ass

please try to know something before you post this fucking shit

that's just fucking disgusting.

Keep your fucking money I'm out.

Quote from: Thom link=https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17962.msg229761.html#msg229761
I have no fucking idea what is going on.

I'll stop there, maybe you guys get my point, maybe not. BTW, none of the above were banned. And I'd also like to point out that just as many people were asking why he was banned as were calling for his ban. So, "community" bitches! lmao

Tuck Fheman

If a community is pissed off by behavior of one  member, ban the bastard.

Well I don't think "the community" had any say, just a few individuals, but I'm sure you can rouse up some support for your comment or at least enough to make it seem legit. ;)

Tuck Fheman

so many abusive and threatening people complaining about "censorship"

Yeah @toast stawp being so abusive!  :P

Tuck Fheman

"But teh rulez!"

such anarchy.

Hey, did you guys vote for stealth transactions?

What is your understanding of "anarachy"?

No rulers.

Stop picking my jokes apart man. :P

You know the point I'm making, stop being so "PC bro".

I can't believe you dudes started a whole new thread to do this in or even that you're doing it in the first place, on a fucking cryptocurrency forum of all places.

Grow a set, all of you.

BTW, you spelled anarchy wrong.  :P

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Censorship is a sign of weakness

No. It is just a common sense. If a community is pissed off by behavior of one  member, ban the bastard. What's a problem with this? You don't cut his head, you just suggest to find another place to piss people off. I was banned from about 100 different forums, for different reasons, and look, I feel ok. I have thousands more ways to express my freedom of speech.

Disclosure: I was never personally pissed by the banned guy. I don't know him, and don't really care if he is banned or not. If mods are so kind, go ahead and unban him. :)

Offline onceuponatime

"But teh rulez!"

such anarchy.

What is your understanding of "anarachy"?

Tuck Fheman

"But teh rulez!"

such anarchy.

Offline GaltReport

He repeatedly violated the Terms of Service that he agreed to in order to use this forum.
I think he should have been banned quite some time ago. I am against censorship of ideas or discussion or criticism. But quite often his posts were none of those. They were verbal violence against another Forum participant.

"You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum."
+5%
I used to moderate a popular JTV channel...so many abusive and threatening people complaining about "censorship".  I always told them that they are free to say what they want on their own channel.  Don't come to my channel and expect to piss on me and my guests!! 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 12:14:20 am by GaltReport »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Not a matter of censorship, just cleaning up the conversation and keeping things civil. He was just posting hateful profanity and blindly venting his frustrations. It had been months since he'd added any value to the conversation. If he'd said anything useful (even if I'd disagreed with it), then I also would have argued to keep him on. That was not the case.

He'll be back, but for now, good riddance.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
good, one less annoying person to worry about around here.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
but any sane person should realise

I'm offended by your comment.

I request that Ben Mason be banned.

You've lifted part of a non personal comment that is absent any vulgarity or slander and are judging me more harshly than lzr1900.....given the number of his comments?  Your singular point being that anyone can be offended by anything, therefore we cannot set and enforce any standards for communication.  I think this is a lazy argument.  First, the argument throws any victim of abuse under the proverbial bus. Second, its perfectly possible to apply reason to each situation, allow for extenuating circumstances or reconciliation. Third, I hope that there exists a majority who's ideas of communication have a great deal of commonality, grounded in freedom & courtesy.....there's a great deal of evidence of that being the case in the pages of this forum!

38PTSWarrior

lzr1900, my first voter. He has passion. Dogs who bark don't bite. 

https://youtu.be/eoczPLLagns

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:59:31 pm by 38PTSWarrior »