Author Topic: 100 PTS - Create 'What are AGS & PTS?' Infographic [CLOSED]  (Read 9177 times)

Offline bitbadger

• View Profile
Couple of minor typos in GodsCreation's submission.... in the paragraph under the Angelshares heading: "crow sourcing", "prototos-hares" (if the hyphen remains after taking out the extra "to", it should read "proto-shares", not "protos-hares"), "bitcoind holders".  Just in case you print up another batch, or use it on the website.
Pei5BrnEUqcCuUdffNZmBPL3rg6duj3vnU

Offline bytemaster

Nope, we forgot to close this one after Miami... it was won and paid out.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline nhil8r

• View Profile
Hi new user here.  Is this still active.  If so I came up with some explanation here.  If it's good I can start to do the infographic.

Distributed Autonomous Corporations

DAC is another term for cryptocurrency such as bitcoin.  There is a growing consensus in the community that bitcoin is an early form of a DAC.  Bitcoin can be considered a DAC because much of its value is derived by performing a trustworthy confidential fiduciary service without a CEO or board of directors.  Learn more about DACs here: http://invictus-innovations.com/i-dac/
Invictus Inc. is a company currently developing DACs and are using two methods of funding called Protoshares and Angelshares. 

Protoshares

Protoshares are basically stock or shares of the company Invictus.  Invictus sells these shares like any other company and uses the funds to accomplish their business plan.  However there are other benefits to owning these shares such as:
•   Own 10% of the genesis block in all future DACs developed by invictus
•   Own 50% of the genesis block in the first DAC (Bitshares)

Angelshares
Angelshares are a new form of funding invented by Invictus.  For two-hundred days, 10 000 Angelshares will be available daily to those who donate Bitcoin and Protoshares.  These funds will also be used to accomplish their business plan.
•   5000 AGS will be split proportionately between bitcoin donaters daily.
•   5000 AGS will be split proportionately between Protoshare donaters daily.
•   Own 50% of the genesis block in the first DAC (Bitshares)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Thank you to everyone who participated!  We've had time to go over submissions for the infographics and decided on the following winners:

What are Bitshares Winner:  GodsCreation
Intro to Keyhotee Winner: MrJeans
What are AGS & PTS?   - None.  We decided not to use any of the submissions so the bounty is still open for this infographic.

We'd ask for some final revisions on these two winning designs before we go to print. Once final revisions are made, we'll pay out the bounties.  Thanks again to everyone for contributing!

B

Offline bytemaster

I think resources should be directed to producing a slick, professionally-built video similar to "What are Bitcoins?".  I suspect this contributed enormously to its growing success.  This is certainly going to be orders of magnitude more effective than a one-page brochure, albeit commensurately more expensive.  But it is an absolute necessity.

A video is in the works, but believe it or not these Info Graphics help serve as a blueprint for the video and even our website redesign so being able to explain these concepts on a single static page will have many dividends. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Yeah I agree a video can do wonders if done right by a professional agency. On the other hand these info graphics are just meant to be handed out on the conference at the end of this month and used in their presentation. At least on the presentation they get a chance to explain the concept in more detail. Well we see what's going to happen and if any more input will become available. Thanks
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Yui Xie

• View Profile
I think resources should be directed to producing a slick, professionally-built video similar to "What are Bitcoins?".  I suspect this contributed enormously to its growing success.  This is certainly going to be orders of magnitude more effective than a one-page brochure, albeit commensurately more expensive.  But it is an absolute necessity.

Offline Yui Xie

• View Profile
It's a tough problem, especially if you are trying to condense the FAQ into a single page info-graphic.  I don't think you can reasonably proceed until it's defined better.  For example:

Do we assume the audience knows what a DAC is?  The advantages of a decentralized entity?  Do we assume they even understand that Bitcoin is more than a crypto-currency?

Do we assume the audience understands how BitShares works, especially the trade commissions generated?

Do we assume the audience understands the build-up of a social consensus and open source?

Without this minimal level of understanding and perhaps even more, there is no point in pushing ProtoShares or AngelShares.

If you are trying to convey a large amount of information, the graphic could be self defeating because it will be very complicated.  What percentage of Bitcoin owners have even heard of the DAC concept, let alone understand it?  Warren Buffet won't invest in anything he doesn't thoroughly understand and I think this represents most sophisticated investors.  Getting even a tech-savvy neophyte educated in just one page may not be possible.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
You are getting dangerously close to some of the Anaheim Angels baseball logo designs: tilted halo over the "A".

Also, there are a lot of lines that don't provide much useful information.  Maybe you need to think more like a system diagram with some labeled arrows.  I'm not seeing the benefits this structure provides to any of the parties, only that they're somehow connected.  It's a visualization...you don't want the target audience slogging through a bunch of text.  Lots of text gives the feeling of complexity that you're trying to ameliorate.

Thanks for the comment, you're right. It's just a bit hard to create something without any guidance or input from the management but I'll see what I can do.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Yui Xie

• View Profile
You are getting dangerously close to some of the Anaheim Angels baseball logo designs: tilted halo over the "A".

Also, there are a lot of lines that don't provide much useful information.  Maybe you need to think more like a system diagram with some labeled arrows.  I'm not seeing the benefits this structure provides to any of the parties, only that they're somehow connected.  It's a visualization...you don't want the target audience slogging through a bunch of text.  Lots of text gives the feeling of complexity that you're trying to ameliorate.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:44:45 am by sportscliche »

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Same here, if I could get an update on whats missing or on what needs to be changed and/or added please do let me know.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Please take care to incorporate our new BitShares branding strategy:

BitShares Forum » Development » General Discussion » The BitShares Brand
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Here's my new version, however I could use some guidance on which texts or subjects exactly needs to be in here.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
It's looking a lot better, just need to incorporate those missing elements bytemaster mentioned. 

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
What about the other 80%?   For the first BitShares chain it is 50/50...

What about the future DACs... DomainShares, etc...

True that, I will make adjustments accordingly.