Author Topic: Millions of Features, Features for Me!  (Read 24090 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
 +5% Good idea.

Obviously the price per feature alone won't be a very good indicator as it has to be taken in the context of how long it would take to develop.

I.e a feature offering $10k that would take 3 days would presumably be prioritized over a feature offering $20k that would take 3 weeks.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline bytemaster

Nice.

but then again why is this voting... for only after "the stealth non-sense is implemented"?

0. Stealth
1. Bond Market (Poloniex Style Lending)
2. Prediction Market (Auger Style)
3. Ethereum (or something similar) VM integration
4. Liquidity Incentivisation
5. Gambling Systems

Just calling it "nonsense" doesn't make it so. Please present an argument.

Well it is as sensible as the rest of them.
Why is it more sensible (deserves special treatment, in your mind)?

It deserves special treatment because @onceuponatime has already been grandfathered in.  I don't want to take the deal he earned and auction off his profits.  Also, he was planing to pay in fiat which is much appreciated.  Furthermore, I think his plan is further developed than some of the others.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

Nice.

but then again why is this voting... for only after "the stealth non-sense is implemented"?

0. Stealth
5. Gambling Systems

I guess i have been grandfathered in by Cryptonomex since I came up with the idea and made my offer before the present discussion even began. But I am dependent upon the same vote as everyone else. If a Worker proposal doesn't get voted in, my offer to fund a Privacy Mode feature is dead in the water.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Nice.

0. Stealth
5. Gambling Systems

PS
And yes I can write an assay why it is no value feature. But why should I do it if you are the one paying for it and I do not mind having it on the BTS? All I want  really is needed features implemented BEFORE those non essential play features of yours.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:32:57 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline onceuponatime

Nice.

0. Stealth
5. Gambling Systems

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Nice.

0. Stealth
5. Gambling Systems

in my own list stealth is at number 7-9....after api polish etc.

In other words why do you have to screw you own great ideas, with your own illogical pre judgment BM?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:15:52 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline onceuponatime

So if Mr. Duke has 100,000 BTS to wager and Mr. Valentine has 100 BTS to wager, it is the Mr. Dukes of the world who will control the agenda. This sounds like pay to play. Am I mistaken?

Mr Valentine sounds like a lover and should have no problem getting together a group of his most many intimate friends to play any game they can think of.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:09:22 am by onceuponatime »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
@OP

Please, include a "smart wallet" feature into your list, which you discussed with Max Wright on bitshares TV. You were talking about a wallet which automatically converts currencies for users, such that if I have USD and I want to pay to merchant in Europe which accepts Euros, I don't need to go to trade books and leave orders. Instead, bitshares does this for me, and makes sure that I have the best rate by checking different paths, like USD -> BTS -> EUR, USD -> BTC -> EUR etc. This is the coolest feature of ripple imo, and if you miss it in bitshares it is not good.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So if Mr. Duke has 100,000 BTS to wager and Mr. Valentine has 100 BTS to wager, it is the Mr. Dukes of the world who will control the agenda. This sounds like pay to play. Am I mistaken?

Assuming the fee backed model is the one being used, those are the same people paying to implement the feature. So if I pay more than you to someone to implement it, why would the ones implementing it accept a lower pay?

Plus, the more you pay, the more you risk.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
So to get this started, please place your bids for the MAKER asset which will earn 20% of all liquidity incentivization rewards if the Liquidity Incentivization proposal is approved and executed.  Lets see how the community actually values this potential feature and then move on from there.

Where do we place our bids, and are you including @Chronos counter proposal to make it fair?

This.  Should bids be in BTS, BitUSD, BitCNY, or will Cryptonomex fill orders across several markets?

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Xeldal

Millions of features, features for me
Millions of features, features for fees

Look out!

8)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 11:25:27 pm by Xeldal »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This idea saves forum members countless hours of digging through and evaluating all these ideas. Well, we still need to research them and be convinced, but this is a great idea to use the system you have created to achieve consensus from the market itself. May the best products (and smartest sellers) win.

Community + Market = Community Market

Offline monsterer

So to get this started, please place your bids for the MAKER asset which will earn 20% of all liquidity incentivization rewards if the Liquidity Incentivization proposal is approved and executed.  Lets see how the community actually values this potential feature and then move on from there.

Where do we place our bids, and are you including @Chronos counter proposal to make it fair?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So you're applying something similar to a prediction market by using this method right? According to what people bid the most and think will be most profitable, it will be the one which will have the most probability to be approved as a worker proposal.

Did I get this right? Just curious..