Author Topic: [POLL] Tipbot Yes/No  (Read 34803 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I think the tipbot is good but not necessarily in the forum where everyone already knows about BitShares. It's a good thing if you tip on Twitter, Reddit, etc Because by using it you're already marketing BitShares which is what we need
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

iHashFury

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Use your tools wisely!

Offline bitacer

Well you need to keep trying until find out what market prefers..

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I'm against a bot in its current form.

- Bad image
Investors / entrepreneurs checking out the forum and find users tipping ORGASMS, SPERM or CRAPCOINS to each other isn't that mature or inspiring confidence

- Derailing
Used to bump old and obsolete threads

Yeah exactly, I hate all these social tokens/ shitcoins non of them have any value. If you genuinely like what someone has done ask for there bts account name and send them some BTS.  Even brownies are a waste of time IMHO

Same camp here. And strongly in it btw.

Also the tipbot can potentially be a good thing on facebook for example, if people tip in something with proven value. What will be the result with mostly tipping in worthless (yes they are worthless) crap coins? A non crypto person will check, maybe once, and for ages will think - "ohh those kids, the one tipping playing with useless, worthless  coins?.. no not really interested in this non-sense."
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

- Bad image
Investors / entrepreneurs checking out the forum and find users tipping ORGASMS, SPERM or CRAPCOINS to each other isn't that mature or inspiring confidence

- Derailing

Yeah exactly, I hate all these social tokens/ shitcoins non of them have any value. If you genuinely like what someone has done ask for there bts account name and send them some BTS.  Even brownies are a waste of time IMHO

Well a coin ca only be a representation of a value and there needs to be consensus about its value.

That consensus is formed in the market and the market says that apart from a handlful they are worthless.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline bitacer

- Bad image

- Derailing

Well a coin ca only be a representation of a value and there needs to be consensus about its value.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

- Bad image

- Derailing

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline EstefanTT

ShareBits is part of the BitShares ecosystem. It's not bad in itself.

It's not because bad people use Bitcoin to fund terrorist acts that Bitcoin need to be ban or stopped.

Same here. We just need to ask to the members of this community to use the more childish token in thread of light/funny discussion and respect the important matter discussed free of bad-image-token.

IMO, it's already the case. I didn't see anything that could damage our image in the important threads.

There's more. I think a guest of our forum with entrepeneurship mind seeing someone tipping another with "firstbump" or "smile" may have poping in his mind lots of potential use of theses token.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I think it's not worth talking about does the forum need a tip bot, but do the pros of a tip bot on the forums outweigh the cons?

Exactly. You offered some good ideas already to make it less intrusive, so if the outcome of this poll is no, you are welcome to come up with a new proposal :)

Offline bitacer

- Bad image

- Derailing

In regards to bad image, what of that in regard of posting memes? To say the least, the forum could easily enforce censoring of certain assets given assets are required to be spelled perfectly, it means ORGASMS could be censored to ORG*SMS or something. The forum administrators have control over censorship of tipping certain assets. Like wise, censoring could be done at the implementation level where we only let certain assets be tippable. Personally though, I'm not for censoring.

In regards to bump old/obsolete threads, why not treat tipping in such threads the same you would regular necromancing? Simply have a sticky thread that people can use to tip people in and tell people to use that thread for "older posts."

I think it's not worth talking about does the forum need a tip bot, but do the pros of a tip bot on the forums outweigh the cons?
Does sharebits work ?, a user says he is not receiving the tips I sent

Offline btswolf

I think it is good to try new features like the Tipbot on the forum but I it has to be regulated.
Recently some users are spamming the forum with useless UIA`s just for fun and yes that is very distracting when reading through the forum.
And no I can't ignore it because usually I'm not logged in when just reading here.

IMHO the Tipbot should be:
*limited to only one or a very well selected handful of UIA`s
*should not post himself
*it should not be used in a negative manner
*if not regulated it should be ceased

If people are reading our forum they should recognize that we are able to reward valuable content.
But they should not get the impression this forum is full of bored guys who have nothing better to do than playing ping pong with the Tipbot.

Thank you Fav and all other mods for taking care of this forum and helping to keep it clean.

Tuck Fheman

- Bad image

- Derailing

In regards to bad image, what of that in regard of posting memes? To say the least, the forum could easily enforce censoring of certain assets given assets are required to be spelled perfectly, it means ORGASMS could be censored to ORG*SMS or something. The forum administrators have control over censorship of tipping certain assets. Like wise, censoring could be done at the implementation level where we only let certain assets be tippable. Personally though, I'm not for censoring.

In regards to bump old/obsolete threads, why not treat tipping in such threads the same you would regular necromancing? Simply have a sticky thread that people can use to tip people in and tell people to use that thread for "older posts."

I say we censor everyone and everything ... censor all teh things!

Ban anyone doing anything fav doesn't agree with.

Just let him go wild and take over the forum to run it however he sees fit, who needs Community, it's overrated obviously!

We need one person telling us what we can post, what UIA's we can give out and where we can give them out.

Dictatorship now! It's the only answer! Please save us @fav!

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d

- Bad image

- Derailing

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 10:09:25 am by hybridd »
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

- Bad image

- Derailing

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I think the bot is running stable and testing should be over soon.