Author Topic: STEALTH / Confidential Milestones  (Read 6485 times)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
So is it safe to say that we will be darker than Darkcoin?

I mean Dashcoin?

I mean..

Oh, fukit, I mean darker than the number 4 immutable public blockchain (whatever they are calling themselves this year)?
it will be dark ..
depending on your needs i may not be as dark as dash (which does coinjoin afaik)

I recommend you read through the lates ethereum blog post about privacy ..

STEALTH in BTS can unlink users from adreses and hide the amount with confidential transfers.

ultimo would be to have RingSingatures as well eventually .. but afaik only monero does it that way atm

There is a very interesting thread lead by AnonyMint and if true pokes holes in a lot of privacy issues.

Here is a specific post however the entire thread is worth reading through.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.msg13575212#msg13575212

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

I mean Dashcoin?

I mean..

Oh, fukit, I mean darker than the number 4 immutable public blockchain (whatever they are calling themselves this year)?
it will be dark ..
depending on your needs i may not be as dark as dash (which does coinjoin afaik)

I recommend you read through the lates ethereum blog post about privacy ..

STEALTH in BTS can unlink users from adreses and hide the amount with confidential transfers.

ultimo would be to have RingSingatures as well eventually .. but afaik only monero does it that way atm

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Nice!

Also, liked the detail of "stupid wallet makes me register to browse". That's definitely something that needs to change. Not being able to check it without registering puts people off.

We've changed this a couple of months ago, now you can browse before you create your first account.
@valzav good to know you're here. So can you please apply this change to BitShares.OpenLedger.info? Thanks!

Currently, open "bitshares.openledger.info" from Chrome from a new PC/mobile phone, it shows a login page.  :-X

OK, from the top we can click explore -> trade, so that a list of market will show. However when click on a market, it go back to login page.  :-X

By the way, if type site:bitshares.openledger.info in Google, we see only "loading...".

Yes, it should immediately show markets (bts/btc) and maybe a popup asking to register but that could be removed by the user so he could take a peak
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Nice!

Also, liked the detail of "stupid wallet makes me register to browse". That's definitely something that needs to change. Not being able to check it without registering puts people off.

We've changed this a couple of months ago, now you can browse before you create your first account.
@valzav good to know you're here. So can you please apply this change to BitShares.OpenLedger.info? Thanks!

Currently, open "bitshares.openledger.info" from Chrome from a new PC/mobile phone, it shows a login page.  :-X

OK, from the top we can click explore -> trade, so that a list of market will show. However when click on a market, it go back to login page.  :-X

By the way, if type site:bitshares.openledger.info in Google, we see only "loading...".
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline valzav

• View Profile
Nice!

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Nice!

Very good point. I hate having to register to try things out! It also wastes aliases, puts dust on the blockchain, and wastes the money of the referrer (if the account it "thrown away" and never used again).

EDIT: The Stealth GUI looks really nice so far.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:30:26 am by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile

I mean Dashcoin?

I mean..

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Nice!

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline valzav

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline bytemaster

Overall I believe we are ahead of schedule on the GUI and slightly behind schedule on the Fee Backed Asset.  The FBA is still easily ready in time for the GUI.

I talked about this on Mumble today.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Milestone 1 - HARDFORK CODE COMPLETE
$5000 to implement the hardworking changes requested. These changes will be complete around January 15th, but the hard fork will not take effect until the end of February.

I know there are always delays but you on a good track to achieve this first milestone?

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I don't think Bm said that.
I'm not trying to imply anything. This is an honest question.
If Marker Maker is not in CNX plans for 2016, it's better to know it now, so that we can try offer this job to some other company.
I don't think we need more software changes for market making. We're planning to do market making before long at BlockTrades, for example.

I think the Maker incentive change is to incentivise more parties to become a liquidity bot.  We cannot depend on just one or two potential bot makers.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
If Marker Maker is not in CNX plans for 2016, it's better to know it now, so that we can try offer this job to some other company.
I don't think we need more software changes for market making. We're planning to do market making before long at BlockTrades, for example.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

jakub