Author Topic: BitShares could sponsor online gaming tournaments  (Read 1647 times)

jakub

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20722.0.html

This is exactly what we are doing and we haven't seen much support from the community so far.
Dismal I'd say but am a staunch believer on what we can do / the tech offers us.

Maybe it's because you've made some false assumptions in the communication process.
You've assumed that everybody knows what CS:GO is. I did not.
In my case it would have helped a lot if you just placed this link in your announcement.

Now, that I know, I think this might be something huge.
All depends on your USP which I asked about in the other thread.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20722.0.html

This is exactly what we are doing and we haven't seen much support from the community so far.
Dismal I'd say but am a staunch believer on what we can do / the tech offers us.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I agree that esports could be a huge area for crypto adoption.  (Thisi s why bitshares PLAY is interesting as well).

Betting on esports matches could be big.

I think Counterstrike and Starcraft are good games to focus on.
E-sports have huge live online audiences that BitShares should be targetting. They are mostly young  and internet savvy.

League of Legends and DOTA2 are the top 2 esports by viewership and are probably a better focus.  Starcraft is #3.  I think Counterstrike might even be below Hearthstone now.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Sounds like a play for PLAY!

Like my pun? :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
TL;DR: Example.
BitShares hosts a Counterstrike tournament and enables betting/voting on in-game events for the chance to win cash payouts. In-play gambling for online sports.
Each round in the game could have a bet. At the start of the round a question pops up on screen and users have a period of time to open their bts wallet and place their bets.
"Will the terrorists plant A or B? Vote now!".
"Will superplayer123 stay stop of the leaderboard this round?"
Some votes could be suspended until after some time in the round. "Will playerY win the round now he's the only one left in a 1v3?"
Delegates watch the tournament and verify.
This gets bts into the hands of a large audience and rewards them for doing so. Steamers and gaming celebrities who bring us the audience will be rewarded with referral fees.

Online gaming is HUGE and gives us access to a live participatory audience for very little cost.
I think Counterstrike and Starcraft are good games to focus on.
E-sports have huge live online audiences that BitShares should be targetting. They are mostly young  and internet savvy.
We could get them to watch a tournament of their favourite gamers (which they want to do anyway) and have them download a BitShares wallet to participate. With BitUSD they could play in a prediction market of the tournament, and they could hunt for hidden QR codes in the stream which awards the first scanner some bitUSD.
"Hey, we're BitShares! Come and watch something you love anyway and we'll give you prizes for it! Seeing as you've got our wallet and some bitUSD now... Do you want to get paid to refer a friend?"

Twitch.tv allows gamers of varying popularity to broadcast their gameplay live to anybody who wants to watch them.
Streamers have varying fanbases of a few 100 to 10's of millions of people who will regularly watch live footage of their favourite players.
Even with a small budget there are plenty of streamers who would LOVE the publicity such an event could provide them and several of them will have 10k+ followers.

BitShares could target prominent players in the gaming community to participate in a BitShares sponsored event. Perhaps with research we can find a particular 'beef' between teams we can offer to 'settle once and for all' in our sponsored arena. We should approach the community as a friend and demonstrate understanding of the game.

We can attract high level streamers to participate with the referral program. If every new user that signs up to watch the tournament is referred by the streamer, then there is significant profit to be made. We could market BitShares to the streamers as a way to monetize their following, and in turn they can market BitShares FOR us.

Step 1) Produce a snappy paragraph "pitch" to sell the idea to streamers and find streamers to contact. Aim for those with the most fans. (10M+). Those with large fan-bases may be swamped with fan-mail. Prominent community members may need to be contacted to get above the noise.

Step 2) Find at least 2 willing teams to go head to head live on stream.

Step 3) Issue a UIA for each team and create a prediction market for the game ahead. As the game progresses and the odds change, the price of the UIA fluctuates and the prices of the assets are displayed on the stream broadcast to add to the "drama". It would be pretty exciting to see the price shoot up right after an impressive move in the game.
The value of the UIA of the losing team goes to zero and the winning UIA entitles the holder to a payout perhaps multiplied by a bonus (as an extra incentive to participate, paid for by BTS shareholders).

Even without the prediction market, the hidden QR codes and the referral program still make this a profitable venture for all involved.

Step 4) Work with delegates to view the match and to ensure that the winning team is determined in a trust free way. The "price feed" of the match.

Step 5) Work with streaming hosts to hide bitUSD private keys in QR codes within the stream at random intervals. These secret keys should be heavily advertised before the steam. We want to capture dedicated fans but we also want to capture as many others as possible.
The code could pop up underneath the UIA charts after game-significant events. Similar to the celebrations after a touch-down at a football stadium.

Thoughts?
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM