Author Topic: Help! My wallet was stole and password changed! 3million BTS and 800BTC gone.  (Read 5999 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think he may have a 'wallets' folder, in this case he only need to copy it to the right place and upgrade to 0.9.3c then export from the menu. There may be a tutorial of doing this somewhere.
If that is the case, he may also have the auto backup files in the ".backups/default" folder ..
let's see ..

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
What are the other files' names?
node_config.jason
So all you've got is a
config.json and a
node_config.json?

Those do NOT contain your wallet and never did. Have you made a backup from the main menu? Or do you happen to have a "brainkey"?

I think I have, when i import the wallet to backup, the message is :the password is wrong, not say the the key or something is not right!
I have a backup folder which include many files.i donot know which one is you need.could you tell me more?
I assume the names of those files include some numbers that indicate the DATE and TIME of its creation ..
Take the most recent json file and try to import with your passphrase .. if its not working take the second most recent one and try again .. and so forth
I think he may have a 'wallets' folder, in this case he only need to copy it to the right place and upgrade to 0.9.3c then export from the menu. There may be a tutorial of doing this somewhere.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
node_config.jason
So all you've got is a
config.json and a
node_config.json?

Those do NOT contain your wallet and never did. Have you made a backup from the main menu? Or do you happen to have a "brainkey"?

I think I have, when i import the wallet to backup, the message is :the password is wrong, not say the the key or something is not right!
I have a backup folder which include many files.i donot know which one is you need.could you tell me more?
I assume the names of those files include some numbers that indicate the DATE and TIME of its creation ..
Take the most recent json file and try to import with your passphrase .. if its not working take the second most recent one and try again .. and so forth

Offline pmm9999

node_config.jason
So all you've got is a
config.json and a
node_config.json?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
node_config.jason
So all you've got is a
config.json and a
node_config.json?

Offline pmm9999

yes, I have, when i import the key, there is a notice said: wrong password,and give me this website to get support!

Have you tried importing these into the old (0.9.3c) BTS client? Older backups are not compatible with BTS-2.0.
yes,I didnot download BTS 2.0 yet!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Do you think he sent to an exchange? they would meed to monitor the chain for your coins which through a mixer may become impossible. Are the coins on one address right now?
I really donot know.i am not a expert of IT or bitcoin things...

Sad to here ..!

TBH .. i don't get why, if you're not an BTC or IT expert, you are dealing with these large amounts…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
yes, I have, when i import the key, there is a notice said: wrong password,and give me this website to get support!

Have you tried importing these into the old (0.9.3c) BTS client? Older backups are not compatible with BTS-2.0.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline pmm9999

Config.json is NOT a backup file. Do you have other files from bitshares?

Offline pmm9999

Do you think he sent to an exchange? they would meed to monitor the chain for your coins which through a mixer may become impossible. Are the coins on one address right now?
I really donot know.i am not a expert of IT or bitcoin things...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Config.json is NOT a backup file. Do you have other files from bitshares?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Yes with syscoin we lost 850 btc to a scammer who did ipo escrow.. We used the tool to sue him and there is a case going on in the uk to recover the coins, although he was pretty stupid and didnt mix.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline pmm9999

if anyone can help find the Hacker and find those coins back, i will pay all the bitcions to you. just want the name of hacker.
Wait... you will pay 800 bitcoins (current value $360000 USD) in order to recover 3 million BTS (current value $11000). That doesn't seem quite right to me.  :o
no, my point is that if I get all the coins back,I will give800BTC to the person who can catch the HACKER.

Offline Chronos

if anyone can help find the Hacker and find those coins back, i will pay all the bitcions to you. just want the name of hacker.
Wait... you will pay 800 bitcoins (current value $360000 USD) in order to recover 3 million BTS (current value $11000). That doesn't seem quite right to me.  :o

Offline pmm9999

I have a tool that can do analysis on the chain to find where the funds ended up and originated from but im not sure you can really know who owns that address, unless you ask exchanges if they own any of them.

thank you very much!
I can get help from the Police but need time
the exchange must help me if the Police approve to investgate it!

Offline pmm9999

Your wallet doesn't appear to have any transactions.

If you still have your private keys you can try to get it back, but better do it fast before they transfer funds.

I still have the backup file cofig.json, but cannot restore, because the password was changed!
and you cannot get the trade recored from internet , because of BTS 2.0 cannot provide the information before 2015 OCT.
my own last trade was occured on DEC,2014.
and lost the wallet on May 2015!
do you know how to restore the wallet without password?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I have a tool that can do analysis on the chain to find where the funds ended up and originated from but im not sure you can really know who owns that address, unless you ask exchanges if they own any of them.

Offline pmm9999

If you still have your private keys you can try to get it back, but better do it fast before they transfer funds.
yes ,I  have ,but cannot restore, because the password was changed!
it was stole 7 months ago.....

Offline pmm9999

yes ,I  have ,but cannot restore, because the password was changed!

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline pmm9999

who can help me find my BTS wallet back?
and forward the following message to other forum,thanks! God bless you!

my  bitcoin address is :  1Jk7GXyun2Cadvn2XfsBdSfPToa3KmZaeK
it took place at 2015-05-05 16:45:12
this address 1ENJC4YGFf1J14CwBUH1ApFksqDyJRo1wj stole more than 800 BTC of me,
blockchain :   https://blockchain.info/address/1Jk7GXyun2Cadvn2XfsBdSfPToa3KmZaeK?offset=200&filter=0
the XRP address is : rNSfXFuBdmt4bVUFFHm2qKnBchujjVQET8
                                     rsZC1h5LwpcrYqrjDhg5R3YCFQNysm4Teh
and lost 790 LTC, this address Lb1bnbBwNYxosr7y4sccvZ3S6ePKbTRoQa stole myLTC!!!
and 3 Million BTS, my wallet name is : sheldon-w,
I still have the backup file cofig.json, but cannot restore, because the password was changed!
and you cannot get the trade recored from internet , because of BTS 2.0 cannot provide the information before 2015.
the last trade was occured on DEC,2014.

I aleady know he is chinese ,and live in ShengZheng. but not pretty sure, all I want is proof.
the suspect information are as follows:
Name:   贾***(JIA D**)
Phone:   136921216**
Email:   djia01@gmail.com
CITY:   SHENGZHENG
Ripple address:   r98nA2TVfJQvAUqiejRymdtQbTDCUjaBGK

thanks!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 04:48:22 am by pmm9999 »