Author Topic: Update From Adam  (Read 2480 times)

Offline svk

No need for a worker proposal for that, the GUI work is all done thanks to jcalfee, it was finished months ago. We just need a bug in the witness node fixed before releasing it.

That bug happens to prevent the GUI from knowing about exactly the scenario you describe..
A little off topic here but @svk can you make a list of witness bugs ordered descending by priority? I may have some time to look into them, and hopefully can get some of them solved.
That would be awesome, I'll try to find some time for that this weekend.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
No need for a worker proposal for that, the GUI work is all done thanks to jcalfee, it was finished months ago. We just need a bug in the witness node fixed before releasing it.

That bug happens to prevent the GUI from knowing about exactly the scenario you describe..
A little off topic here but @svk can you make a list of witness bugs ordered descending by priority? I may have some time to look into them, and hopefully can get some of them solved.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Can confirm.

If you are willing to deal with the cli-wallet in the mean time (or a python library) I can certainly show you how to approve a proposal.
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/tutorials/propose-transaction.html#approving-a-proposal

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Hi Guys! I know it's been awhile since I last posted. Things are going really well for us, and I want to reassure you that we are doing all that we can to promote the benefits of building your business on BitShares. We actually had world famous blogger Robert Scoble visit our offices earlier this week and do a livestream video with Nathan and I. We deservedly pushed BitShares pretty heavily during the livestream. It's received 5k+ views in the past couple days and has created a wave of contact requests via our website from companies interested in partnering with us and reporters wanting to interview us to more about our project.

Check out our recent blog post to learn more about the event and watch the livestream video!

https://followmyvote.com/silicon-valley-has-new-competition-and-its-not-who-you-think/

At this point, we are actually having some challenges in working with BitShares that I'm hoping you guys can help me with. My goal is to be able to approve a proposed transaction from another BTS user that has shared account permissions over one of our accounts. I've talked to some of the core devs and they stated that this isn't something that is supported in the GUI yet, and that someone was considering submitting a worker proposal to get this feature added in. If that does happen, I would really appreciate it if you would all vote to approve that proposal. And, in the meantime, I was hoping that someone could point me to some documentation that covers how to get the CLI wallet up and running, export the necessary private keys from my BitShares 2.0.160106 light wallet, import the keys into my CLI wallet, and then approve the proposed transaction. I have access to a Mac, PC, and Linux (Ubuntu) workstations if that helps at all.

Could/would someone please help a brother out?
Thanks for your persistence!

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline ak

• View Profile
You need to build from the source, since you have a Ubuntu machine, it's not hard.

This guide http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/installation/Build.html

thanks abit! will give it a shot!!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
You need to build from the source, since you have a Ubuntu machine, it's not hard.

This guide http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/installation/Build.html

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline ak

• View Profile
Hi Guys! I know it's been awhile since I last posted. Things are going really well for us, and I want to reassure you that we are doing all that we can to promote the benefits of building your business on BitShares. We actually had world famous blogger Robert Scoble visit our offices earlier this week and do a livestream video with Nathan and I. We deservedly pushed BitShares pretty heavily during the livestream. It's received 5k+ views in the past couple days and has created a wave of contact requests via our website from companies interested in partnering with us and reporters wanting to interview us to more about our project.

Check out our recent blog post to learn more about the event and watch the livestream video!

https://followmyvote.com/silicon-valley-has-new-competition-and-its-not-who-you-think/

At this point, we are actually having some challenges in working with BitShares that I'm hoping you guys can help me with. My goal is to be able to approve a proposed transaction from another BTS user that has shared account permissions over one of our accounts. I've talked to some of the core devs and they stated that this isn't something that is supported in the GUI yet, and that someone was considering submitting a worker proposal to get this feature added in. If that does happen, I would really appreciate it if you would all vote to approve that proposal. And, in the meantime, I was hoping that someone could point me to some documentation that covers how to get the CLI wallet up and running, export the necessary private keys from my BitShares 2.0.160106 light wallet, import the keys into my CLI wallet, and then approve the proposed transaction. I have access to a Mac, PC, and Linux (Ubuntu) workstations if that helps at all.

Could/would someone please help a brother out?