Author Topic: [ANN] Bitshares E-sports Tournament [ANN]  (Read 16527 times)

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I just saw this great project today, @Xypher awesome
do you have the plan for the prediction market's backend?
I have thought something like this before, here is my way:
1. issue 16 smart assets: BET1, BET2, .... BET16, reserved by USD.(or CNY/TCNY, because lack of USD now)
2. the initial price is both 16CNY/BETX
3. after 1st round, there are 8 winers and 8 losers, change loser's price to 8CNY/BTS.
4. enable force settle.
5. after the period of force settle, start a new round, disable force settle, change all 16 asset's price to 8CNY/BETX

as a player, for example I bet BET1 win BET2, I should borrow BET2, and sell BET2 for BET1 at a price from 0.5~2.

the benifit for this is you can reuse these assets, everyone should ask for settle, because the price allways /2

I have test the whole steps in test chain, it's run perfectly.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Steadily growing through Alpha.
About to announce on Bitcointalk and a series of other avenues.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
yes  easy GUI   must simple

Offline roadscape

I'm not a gamer at all but I'm excited about your projects :D
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
interesting, I was under the impression freebieservers had more influence. in the end 0 teams signed up...?

We've been solely focusing on gamebet.gg for the past few days. This is metric from 2 days of taking sign ups.
I decided not to move forward with the tournament until we launched 2 key projects (gamebet & gambit) as they use Bitshares heavily and it made no sense to have the tournament until the projects were launched. I'll get back to promoting Bitshares as these pieces fall in place.

We had close to 400 bets being placed in our alpha test mode. I'll share metrics later.

Regards

Thanks as always for providing us the info :)

I am excited to look at the numbers from today  as I hadn't done major promotions until yesterday and GA takes 24 hours to update.
Over the course of the week, hopefully we should hit 10-15k views. One of the smart things hybridd did was the live stream of matches and the schedule listings. I think a large number of users use the system for that purpose too. So far, I've had very positive responses from individuals that saw the concept.

Offline fuzzy

interesting, I was under the impression freebieservers had more influence. in the end 0 teams signed up...?

We've been solely focusing on gamebet.gg for the past few days. This is metric from 2 days of taking sign ups.
I decided not to move forward with the tournament until we launched 2 key projects (gamebet & gambit) as they use Bitshares heavily and it made no sense to have the tournament until the projects were launched. I'll get back to promoting Bitshares as these pieces fall in place.

We had close to 400 bets being placed in our alpha test mode. I'll share metrics later.

Regards

Thanks as always for providing us the info :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Regards

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Only 1 slot out of 16 so far, are you still working on this?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

i am interested in starting a bitshares team (even if we get slaughtered).  it would be fun. pm me if anyonr would be interested in joining. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
neat, looking forward to this project. I think esports betting could be pretty popular but ive yet to see a platform that does it right. Best of luck

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Thanks, @Xypher

And what about this question:
Do I need to pay anything to enroll a team and become a participant? If so - how much?
What is your business model? Who funds the rewards?

And if CS:GO is so popular, I'm sure there are already online tournaments like yours.
What USP did you achieve by doing it with BitShares?

1. Currently entry is free to participants. Each team comes with 5 participants and they are allocated a BTS wallet (the fee for which we pay).
2. Rewards and operations are currently sponsored by the people we endorse. Currently FMV is our key sponsor and am trying to reel in more people.
3. Cs:GO is indeed popular, but the crypto-integration is relatively new. In addition, this gives them an early taste of our E-sports betting platform and in-game item marketplace. The most important aspect of BTS integration is probably the zero wait time confirmation that will eventually allow gamers to transfer money for their daily activities.

Regards

That's good.
You should advertise it clearly then that participation is free but still you can win something. It's an important piece of information for the user.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20749.msg268017.html#msg268017
@jakub put this on for you. You should come join us :)

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Thanks, @Xypher

Do I need to pay anything to enroll a team and become a participant? If so - how much?

And if CS:GO is so popular, I'm sure there are already online tournaments like yours.

1. Currently entry is free to participants. Each team comes with 5 participants and they are allocated a BTS wallet (the fee for which we pay).
2. Rewards and operations are currently sponsored by the people we endorse. Currently FMV is our key sponsor and am trying to reel in more people.
3. Cs:GO is indeed popular, but the crypto-integration is relatively new. In addition, this gives them an early taste of our E-sports betting platform and in-game item marketplace. The most important aspect of BTS integration is probably the zero wait time confirmation that will eventually allow gamers to transfer money for their daily activities.

Regards

That's good.
You should advertise it clearly then that participation is free but still you can win something. It's an important piece of information for the user.

Yea we are still launching out with the marketing phase.
I asked for the tournie to be pushed further a week so that brands and endorsements can fall in place.
A lot of people are AFK with the holidays here.

jakub

Thanks, @Xypher

Regards

That's good.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Thanks, @Xypher

Regards