Author Topic: A 2 minute pitch to last a Life time - The OpenLedger way!  (Read 12224 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Hi Ronnie- i love the video by the way, but i have a question. In there is the example of trading apple stock for copper. I didnt think we were able to buy stock shares yet. This would be something that would be huge because i would like to buy gold mining stocks for example. Rather than use TDAmeritrade, i would MUCH prefer to use the blockchain and trade for example, USD for SANDSTORM Gold or SilverWheaton.

Thanks

Damn :o
Stock brokerage that runs on the blockchain.
Highly possible if AML/Kyc challenges are tackled.
CCEDK is in a perfect position to do this.

Not sure if Ronny is doing it though.
Beautiful concept none the less.

Whitelisting procedure and introdution as well as the ability to use the fiat gateway will be started monday next week first week of 2016. It is top priority to be implemented and functional already this first week, so I expect and hope for a great start of this New Year.

You are talking about AML/KYC
Am talking about a full blown brokerage.
What you have is a brick.
What am talking of, is a wall.  :)

You could do BitStock trading without whitelisting but there would be no dividends so probably better suited to indexes.

Solving the market making problem is the hard thing though. Interested to see the automated market maker Augur will be running.

If it's still running, there's also DacX the Chinese based, stock trading, crowdfunding company which used BitShares but that requires you to trust a third party.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Hi Ronnie- i love the video by the way, but i have a question. In there is the example of trading apple stock for copper. I didnt think we were able to buy stock shares yet. This would be something that would be huge because i would like to buy gold mining stocks for example. Rather than use TDAmeritrade, i would MUCH prefer to use the blockchain and trade for example, USD for SANDSTORM Gold or SilverWheaton.

Thanks

Whitelisting procedure and introdution as well as the ability to use the fiat gateway will be started monday next week first week of 2016. It is top priority to be implemented and functional already this first week, so I expect and hope for a great start of this New Year.

Please can you tell us how the Whitelisting procedure and introduction works ronnie.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Thanks

You are talking about AML/KYC
Am talking about a full blown brokerage.
What you have is a brick.
What am talking of, is a wall.  :)

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

Thanks

OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Thanks

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Thanks

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
There is understandably a great deal of cynicism around and often a lack of patience in taking the time to communicate thoroughly with the objective of achieving the best outcome firmly in mind.  Please don't be discouraged, you've been simply amazing. 

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
but as you can also see under openledger-reg account we have untill now spent 478 000 bts on users signing up which is not being deducted as we want everyboy to have the option to enjoy taking part either in parts or in full when buyback kicks in.

https://bitshares.openledger.info/?r=openledger#/account/openledger-reg/member-stats/

Lifetime fees paid   484,000 BTS
Voting weight   17,560 BTS
Cashback   90d - 724,000 / 1,120,000 BTS
It's good to see that you've earned more BTS than you've paid.

Yes, that does stand to be first priority, to make it a profitable platform, and as you mention this is indeed a good start but obviously still at the very beginning of profit earning.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
but as you can also see under openledger-reg account we have untill now spent 478 000 bts on users signing up which is not being deducted as we want everyboy to have the option to enjoy taking part either in parts or in full when buyback kicks in.

https://bitshares.openledger.info/?r=openledger#/account/openledger-reg/member-stats/

Lifetime fees paid   484,000 BTS
Voting weight   17,560 BTS
Cashback   90d - 724,000 / 1,120,000 BTS
It's good to see that you've earned more BTS than you've paid.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline mint chocolate chip

Nice effort Ronny, gave you some blogger love http://bitsharesblog.com/openledger-video/
In the YouTube description about the video, there is a spelling error for the word required, February should be capitalized...

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Good luck Ronnie. And Good luck to all investing in Obits...

I look forward to you making me look dumb when you deliver one of your advertised products

Thanks, I appreciate that comment, and really I dont want you to look dumb, I actually would like you to enjoy what I am willing to spend most of my every week doing, creating something worthwhile to all BitShares community as well as the rest of the world.

I like the part where you say you were doing due diligence, that is really fine with me.

Remember please that no matter what, NanoCard does work. CCEDK is unfortunate enough to be the second exchange taking this technology into our system, but changes we are not in control of in terms issuer of cards, contractual agreements etc. is making our part in this delayed. As mentioned somewhere else, we are already on first step since last week, abel to activate cards on the base of fiat currency, moving onto bitcoin ealry January, so we are finally getting there  as well.

NanoCard or in other words the only real bitcoin debit card with instant conversion from btc to fiat available anywhere(not e-coin, not xapo has this solutiono untill now) has existed as long as I have been promoting NanoCard.

I have never been secretive about you or anybody else having the alternative to go to a competing exchange like Bit-x although still a partner in terms of exclusive offering. What other company is offering you an alternative right from the start?

Just like anything else in this world, nothing is as easy as you imagine. Offering projects which which will eventually be delivered will show you as well as anyone else that we do deliver.

The only reason why I have not, like so many other companies, gone out to say, sorry we were worng, we can't deliver, is because my backyard says we can, and therefore I believe.

I accept you dont believe just yet, and the only thing I will be looking forward to is for you to say to yourself, shute I guess I was wrong, thanks god, it seems BitShares is really going forward.

That's what I want you to think, and do hope this will be sooner than later.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:20:07 pm by ccedk »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Good luck Ronnie. And Good luck to all investing in Obits...

I look forward to you making me look dumb when you deliver one of your advertised products

TravelsAsia

Nanocard- doesn't work with CCEDK
Paypal- not integrated with CCEDK

Why do you continues to advertise things that don't exist?

Plus,  Whats with the hand drawing thing?  You can tell it's not drawing any of the images.

This is a usecase meant to be used, well, as a use case all year long as well as the year after.

You are allowed to  have your own opinion on what is happening on CCEDK, and I will keep saying what I believe is going to happen.

A use case is not meant to be exact here and now, but able to build momentum and create interest for the future.

You realize that when someone watches this, they will assume what you are promoting is already possible right? A use case is 100% meant to be: "This is what I want to do, can you do it?" If the answer is anything other than "Yes, we can do it right now" you should make that clear, otherwise people will think you are full of shit.

Remember, all that stuff in the video that doesn't exist is only a "few" weeks away... A response he had been using for the last 6 months for the same features.

Maybe this guy went to some prestigious marketing school that teaches you to advertise non resistant products... To me it sounds more and more like a con in process

My main intention has always been to give people around the world a possiblity to enjoy what BitShares is all about.

Thank you for your constant pessimistic way, It allows me to wake up and see there is a world outside BitShares as well.

Let me try:

"Hey Ronnie.  Awesome video!  Maybe there ought to be a little disclaimer somewhere saying "coming soon" just to manage expectations when they show up to our web site.   Say "hi" to the family and have a great Christmas!"

+5%

Constructive and polite.

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

Let me try:

"Hey Ronnie.  Awesome video!  Maybe there ought to be a little disclaimer somewhere saying "coming soon" just to manage expectations when they show up to our web site.   Say "hi" to the family and have a great Christmas!"

Thanks Stan, you saved me in terms of spending more time on this. And yes, your way of replying is in all cases allowing the possibilty to reply still being constructive, and yes, we will definitely be adding a disclaimer next time.

I wonder what other company introducing a token on the base of the revenue streams are offering the full income of fees from  platform without deducting the costs of running it in the first place!! OH, I forgot, there are no other company offering all profits to be added to the value of a token like this.

We are already now showing a minimum of some 700 000 BTS to be used at first buyback,

http://obits.io/#stats

I asume Apple just because they are big can go out and  tell about a new product and #take# peoples money when the shares go high, but anyone else trying to make normal people enjoy the future possibilities investing in a platform where you are able to see profits are already generating, cannot! Crazy thinking, really, I will focus on the people interested in creating something for the future, and let the people not believing stay behind.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:52:28 pm by ccedk »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Nanocard- doesn't work with CCEDK
Paypal- not integrated with CCEDK

Why do you continues to advertise things that don't exist?

Plus,  Whats with the hand drawing thing?  You can tell it's not drawing any of the images.

This is a usecase meant to be used, well, as a use case all year long as well as the year after.

You are allowed to  have your own opinion on what is happening on CCEDK, and I will keep saying what I believe is going to happen.

A use case is not meant to be exact here and now, but able to build momentum and create interest for the future.

You realize that when someone watches this, they will assume what you are promoting is already possible right? A use case is 100% meant to be: "This is what I want to do, can you do it?" If the answer is anything other than "Yes, we can do it right now" you should make that clear, otherwise people will think you are full of shit.

Remember, all that stuff in the video that doesn't exist is only a "few" weeks away... A response he had been using for the last 6 months for the same features.

Maybe this guy went to some prestigious marketing school that teaches you to advertise non resistant products... To me it sounds more and more like a con in process

My main intention has always been to give people around the world a possiblity to enjoy what BitShares is all about.

Thank you for your constant pessimistic way, It allows me to wake up and see there is a world outside BitShares as well.

My apologies Ronny.  Sometimes I wonder if the current internet crowd also talk that nasty when they interact with someone in person.  Perhaps some don't interact in person any more and have forgotten how to be polite.

Maybe they think proper etiquette and a touch of class is not required when they can hide behind an anonymous forum handle.  Perhaps it is good, because it shows us the real person and we can take that into account in valuing their inputs.

Such a coarse culture has pretty much destroyed bitcointalk as a place for civil discussion. 
I had hoped it wouldn't happen here.

Let me try:

Lol... When someone asks about a very opaque investment with super sketchy details they are considered "coarse and mean".   And a touch of class isn't required when you are taking other peoples money.

If I showed anyone that video and they then wen't and tried to do ANYTHING that was said in that video, they wouldn't be able to.  They would say "what the fuck" and drop bitshares completely thinking its a scam.

Since we have the holidays coming up I would be happy to mumble.