Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 103821 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@fuzzy - Please let me know what time our mumble this friday will be if it's cool with you, thanx! :)

11:30 should be fine.  that gives everyone a short interlude to get crackers and milk.   8)

GMT? Sorry, I'm not sure what timezone you're in.
This Friday? Jan. 1?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Hey guys, Chris is with family through the 7th so messages and orders will be processed once per day now so he can spend time with them. Just fyi :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Hi,

Since I were not able to find BitShares-Munich as registered Company it seems like you are doing this fundraiser as private individuals?!
If you are doing it as private individual I wonder if the 19k EURO you want to raise are really reliable developer costs or if you just want to stay in the 20k EURO taxfree crowdfunding zone?
Or are you doing the fundraiser as Small Business? Then you would have to pay tax if you raise more than 17.500 EURO?!

If this is a private show how can Chris be the CEO/CMO/CFO of anything?
Why is CCEDK the issuer of the Token and you are "only" the seller?
* What is the difference between creating/issuing the token and just selling it?

I suggest you to create a legal business entity because you are:
* Doing a crowdfund of ~19.000 €
* You are offering a 50% rewarding program which is basically recurring buyback of OPENPOS that is very likely affected by the KWG
* You are offering a contract which is at least affected by $312b BGB

Wasn't there a call with Winheller from which you wanted to post the results here a while ago?
* I think the whole community would benefit from the knowledge you gained about bitassets and taxes.

Sorry for this littlebit pessimistic post but I fear I would not get back anything in return of my investment when you've found out how big the regulatory issues you'll face really are.

On the other hand you will become my personal heroes if this projects gets through all the regulatory instances successfully.

Have a google translate button on your website, I wouldn't mind reading your stuff.

I would have pmed you but not everyone looks at personal messages.

I also agree with you, if kenCode can pull this off, it will make bitshares huge.
Eagleeye, could you write me a worker proposal?

Go on skype and i can help you with it.  (I can write it but i would need to know what you want to do exactly). Msg me your skype I'd again and then we can do it.

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@fuzzy - Please let me know what time our mumble this friday will be if it's cool with you, thanx! :)

11:30 should be fine.  that gives everyone a short interlude to get crackers and milk.   8)

GMT? Sorry, I'm not sure what timezone you're in.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline btswolf

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@btswolf
Our meeting with Winheller on Nov 23rd was very revealing. They handle all of the legal and tax reporting. I cannot give legal or financial advice, but I can tell you what they told us as they said that we *could* actually be an issuer of tokens but we chose not to since we want to raise funds from a global audience for this project. I'm more paranoid than most when it comes to regulations so conferring with Chris, we chose CCEDK as the perfect choice because of their status out of Denmark which is still very crypto friendly. All you guys issuing sharebot tips and brics and all that stuff be forewarned, what you are doing is very dangerous. Winheller also told us that if you (Americans, Germans, Europeans in general, whatever) DO want to be the issuer of a UIA that (in issuance context) you should never use the words "shares", "dividend", "money", "credit", "kickback" or "bank". Even "tips" are supposed to be taxed you guys. The word token however is apparently undefined in German law and since we live here we chose to go with Winheller's advice and only use that word. The words "reward" and "token" are used to indicate the long term benefits of holding a token (like baseball cards, they may, or may not be worth something some day). The 19K number has nothing to do with taxation, it is the exact number that must be raised to finish up these 2 projects. For everyone's security, the developers are always paid using multiple milestones and escrow. As for Titles, you can have whatever titles you want as it summarizes for people who to go to for what information. Generally speaking, Chris is the marketing and finances guy and I am the project manager and developer guy. Both of us are taxed privately without a company formed right now, but at some point when we can afford it and we actually have some assets to protect then we may set something up along those lines. I for one have no income at all, zero. I do get a government check every month for 180€ that helped me out personally a bit but that is about to end next month I think. My wife works full-time to support the family right now. Chris has a second part time job which helps, but I can tell you we are both just making ends meet so that we can get these projects off the ground. When BitShares grows, then we can grow.

We'll be having a mumble this friday (I think), @fuzzy so if you guys want to chat about Smartcoins POS or the BitShares Wallet please join in on the call!
www.PalmPay.chat

38PTSWarrior

Hi,

Since I were not able to find BitShares-Munich as registered Company it seems like you are doing this fundraiser as private individuals?!
If you are doing it as private individual I wonder if the 19k EURO you want to raise are really reliable developer costs or if you just want to stay in the 20k EURO taxfree crowdfunding zone?
Or are you doing the fundraiser as Small Business? Then you would have to pay tax if you raise more than 17.500 EURO?!

* What is the difference between creating/issuing the token and just selling it?

* You are offering a 50% rewarding program which is basically recurring buyback of OPENPOS that is very likely affected by the KWG

Wasn't there a call with Winheller from which you wanted to post the results here a while ago?
* I think the whole community would benefit from the knowledge you gained about bitassets and taxes.

Sorry for this littlebit pessimistic post but I fear I would not get back anything in return of my investment when you've found out how big the regulatory issues you'll face really are.

On the other hand you will become my personal heroes if this projects gets through all the regulatory instances successfully.

Have a google translate button on your website, I wouldn't mind reading your stuff.

I also agree with you, if kenCode can pull this off, it will make bitshares huge.
Eagleeye, could you write me a worker proposal?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Hi,

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:27:37 am by eagleeye »

Offline btswolf

Hi,

Offline Pheonike

The more options bts/smartcoins have out in the wild, the better the odds of success. Its nearly impossible to predict which ave would lead to success thars why we should have many.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
You cannot have the man power to convince 50k corporations, hence it is not like kill 50k birds with one stone, it is actually sit and wait 50k birds die naturally.

It is actually like putting bird food into 50K bird feeders and waiting when 50M birds come to eat. They may come or may not. Good chance that they will.

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile

No complex software is involved, the key secret is how BitoEX persuade Famiymart to do so.

Let the competition do the persuasion. Over 50K businesses use the Odoo software, businesses like Cox Communications for example (they have millions of customers). Instead of trying to convince 1 corporation, I would rather provide options for 50K hungry businesses all at once, some whom of which are competing with each other. Hence, we kill 50K birds with 1 stone (in a sense).

1. If blockchain technology, or at least bitcoin, has become a self-evident phenomena, then yes companies would be persuaded naturally. If it is still the frontier of innovation, then as I know a commercial expert is the key to bridge two worlds.
2. Convicing 1 corporation with 2986 branches (aka Familymart) is definitely better than convicing 50k corporations in many ways. You cannot have the man power to convince 50k corporations, hence it is not like kill 50k birds with one stone, it is actually sit and wait 50k birds die naturally.
3. A good example is the bts cart. As I can recall, it has been done for a long time. Look how many web shops are using it?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:05:59 pm by 麥可貓 »
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Merchants can also issue their own tokens, like a giftcards, in few seconds. Think about it. A token fully baked by business. Customer preloads bitshares wallet with merchant's token, then shop with discount. A win situation for both, merchant and customer.

Bingo +5% +5% and +5% 8)
www.PalmPay.chat