Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 103769 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Smartcoins POS for Odoo now has the rewards card features complete, just need to do some more UI tweaks to it now:
https://youtu.be/sOiKmYqrm-c?list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

Apple finally called me today, I kept them on the phone for nearly 30 minutes, but alas I could not convince them that the name Bitshares was just a token on a blockchain like Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc. They are standing firm that Bitshares is "not an approved currency", so, I said since we are not able to change the name of our token to anything else and the blockchain cannot be modified, I have asked to speak with the manager of the department so that our tokens can "be approved" by Apple. Awaiting that guy's call next. This sucks man cuz I have another wallet, and the smartcoins pos standalone app that I want to get into the apple app store, so will they deny all 3 now? If I do not get anywhere with this manager guy, then I will have to hire a professional to get our apps into the apple app store.

soooo... Please check out our OPENPOS token....
Thank you for your patience guys, I am doing everything I can to get us in their app store.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Well, this quip from Mycelium sure doesn't give me much hope. It looks like Mycelium has the same problems with Apple that we are having right now...

"forgiving us the geeky UI, the nerdy UX and the missing iOS version"
https://wallet.mycelium.com/Mycelium_Crowdsale_PR.pdf
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Tell her, we are no different then GEMZ

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758004.0

They got an Iphone app

I agree, I would tell her that Bitshares is no different than GEMS.  And I would also try to further blur the lines by saying both Bitshares and GEMS are based on Bitcoin blockchain.  Good luck, Ken!

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The latest reply from Apple:
Code: [Select]

From Apple
11.17 - Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions
Program License Agreement

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the App Review Board. We have scheduled a call with an Apple representative in order to discuss the results of your appeal. We anticipate calling within 3 business days.

To help ensure we have the correct contact information, please reply to this message to provide a contact name and phone number for this call.

Best regards,
Erin
App Review Board

..and of course I replied with a very kiss-ass, friendly reply with my phone number. Wow, I wonder if I get to talk to the infamous Erin now :) Awaiting her call... 
edit: removed my phone number from the code box above for privacy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:20:57 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Is there another way to get apps running on IOS or must they be on their appstore?
I don't have an iPhone, just curious, I prefer Android phones — for various reasons

I think those iOS users will have to "jailbreak" their phone if we just can't win Apple over. I think Apple is getting concerned that we might be competing with their Apple Pay service now, hence the denial of our Wallet apps.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline .

• View Profile
Is there another way to get apps running on IOS or must they be on their appstore?

I don't have an iPhone, just curious, I prefer Android phones — for various reasons
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:38:13 pm by . »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I just got another reply to my latest Appeal:

From Apple
11.17 - Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions
Hello,

Thank you for your response. At this time BitShares is not an approved currency for the App Store and so the BitShares Wallet app cannot be approved for distribution on the App Store. Should you wish to revise the currency used by the app, you may do so and resubmit.

Best regards,
Erin
App Review Board

and my reply to it:

Hi Erin, thank you again for your time, it is much appreciated :) You are stating that "BitShares is not an approved currency". Bitcoin also was not an approved currency. The token name cannot be changed, that is impossible. Both of these technologies use the blockchain, and both are just tokens upon it. If "BitShares is not an approved currency" yet, then what is the process to get it this additional token approved just like Bitcoin?
Thank you again :)
  ken
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline .

• View Profile
" BitShares are not a currency, BTS are crypto-equity tokens.

However, some people do use BTS as if it were a currency.

We cannot change the way people see it but our definition is clear. "
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:01:09 am by . »

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
So, here is Apple's latest email to me:

From Apple

---------------------
Hello,

Thank you for your response. We understand that you are unable to change the name of the currency, however this currency is not approved for the App Store and cannot be distributed using an app on the App Store.

We encourage you to review your app concept and incorporate different content and features that are in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Best regards,
Erin
App Review Board

It's getting almost comedic at this point, jeez

edit: i sent her another friendly inquiry, will post updates here as we go
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 06:32:51 am by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline .

• View Profile
 +5% Just go along, these companies have to stick to their policies,
it's only Half as Wild as it could get, as the Germans sometimes say ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:32:49 pm by . »

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Thanks for trying Ken.  I know, this does suck.

How did GetGemz get an IOS app, and we can't?

From what I understand, you can send both BTC and GEMZ with their app.  Not sure what their capabilities are exactly, but I know they had an IOS app approved last winter.

good luck