Author Topic: Online Marketing/ User Information DAC  (Read 1348 times)

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Think about it from the other side - future value vs. cost.

What would websites pay if user ratings / preferences / reviews / etc stayed with them across sites...instead of cookies? Voluntarily given information and preferences from the user instead of forced cookies? 

What would users pay if they could "program" a website to their liking...

Win-win?
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Though question to answer, since it's kinda defeating the purpose of what's being built right now. Maybe when this get's adapted by mainstream it might work although I guess nobody will be interested in getting 0.50/1.00 USD to reveal their information because the party which is going to buy this information doesn't want to pay more. Unless you have 100 companies begging you daily for this information of course hehe. But marketing gets into a new era as well with these tools so it's a good topic to cover and I think people are already working on some ideas as well.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

bitbro

When Keyhotee becomes ubiquitous online companies will not be able to keep our user information. Once DNS is replaced by DACs like Namecoin, companies may not be able to track our cookies, likes, etc. ..

Now imagine a DAC that pays users for certain pieces of their anonymous information stored in Keyhotee and then sells them to companies that would like to leverage that information to bolster their marketing.

Thoughts on the idea of an online information buy/sell DAC? And also, where do you see online marketing going in the age of ubiquitous Keyhotee and online privacy?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:20:34 am by bitbro »