Author Topic: Proxy: xeroc  (Read 77854 times)

Offline oxarbitrage

I've removed my support from committee-member `openledgerdc` since openledger started setting
a default voting proxy for its customers and breaks the long-standing social contract of no-voting
of exchanges with customer funds. This is unfortunate but OpenLedger wasn't able to present
sufficient motivations for this move and after discussion, couldn't be convinced to reconsider this
position.

This is, of course, a personal opinion, but I cannot accept businesses to set default voting behavior
for its customers.

For those wondering, the `bitshareseurope` account which is set as default_proxy account, too, does
not vote.

This is good info for me. Not your personal opinion and decision as that is ... well, personal; but on my last worker proposal i asked Ronny if he can vote for it. Never got a response, i will take this opportunity to apologize for that, i didn't know how it was and i saw the account voting before i thought they were a new big proxy and tried to contact them as i did with all the rest.
I was also close to ask you for a vote with bitshareseurope when i realized it was yours, at the end it was not needed but i now know it will not be possible and why.

thank you for the transparency.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I've removed my support from committee-member `openledgerdc` since openledger started setting
a default voting proxy for its customers and breaks the long-standing social contract of no-voting
of exchanges with customer funds. This is unfortunate but OpenLedger wasn't able to present
sufficient motivations for this move and after discussion, couldn't be convinced to reconsider this
position.

This is, of course, a personal opinion, but I cannot accept businesses to set default voting behavior
for its customers.

For those wondering, the `bitshareseurope` account which is set as default_proxy account, too, does
not vote.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
FYI:
I have approve workers:

- Legal Council about BTS and No-action
- BSIP29

Offline zhaomu

• View Profile
Hi xeroc,
     I set up a witness node on the testnet (zhaomu-test), can you vote for me so I can start to test the price feed.
    And also, can you consider my witness proposal? https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,25678.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Hello, dear @xeroc.
We've noticed, that you have unvoted openledger-dc witness. Came here, to check the reason, as well, as checked witness chat and didn't find any explanations. During the last 1.5y our witness was one of the most stable and its support was quite responsive, so is there some serious reasons for taking voice back? At the same time 3 of bottom active witnesses are missing blocks and still active.
Thanks in advance.
Your feeds for CNY were among those that I deemed inaccurate .. chinese community members approached me to tighten up the peg .. all I can do is disapprove workers that are farer away from the actualy price than others ...
If you fix your feeds you can get voted back.

Furthermore, I have approved the BTS liquidity worker that wants to write software for automated trading. Looking forward to see how quickly they can produce high quality code.

Also, I have removed my votes from the blockchain-acedemy worker since it is fully funded now  ..

Even though the spokesperson worker is fully funded now as well, I do not remove my votes to keep it up for representative purposes. The BBF will no longer trade those BTS into USD for that worker.

Offline ivandev

• View Profile
Hello, dear xeroc.
We've noticed, that you have unvoted openledger-dc witness. Came here, to check the reason, as well, as checked witness chat and didn't find any explanations. During the last 1.5y our witness was one of the most stable and its support was quite responsive, so is there some serious reasons for taking voice back? At the same time 3 of bottom active witnesses are missing blocks and still active.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 07:08:01 am by ivandev »

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
I have approved

* 201712-infrastructure, and
* 2017-12-blockchainacademy

We desperately need the first one, and to me, the second one is a bargain considering the changes of getting into university education.

Awesome!  +5% +5% +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have approved

* 201712-infrastructure, and
* 2017-12-blockchainacademy

We desperately need the first one, and to me, the second one is a bargain considering the changes of getting into university education.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Today, I voted for the "spokesperson" proposal as well as for the "compliance" proposal as I see them desperately needed. The people that I work with won't work for free but have the knowledge and desire to bring good to BitShares.

Secondly, i want to clarify that I removed the votes for the BSIP18 worker as well as for the Steemfest worker. The reason is that those are fully funded by now (in bitUSD) through escrow by the bitshares blockchain foundation

The accounting is all public:  http://www.bitshares.foundation/accounting

most recent books look like this: 

In 30001-bitshares.foundation .. it says that there are 23kUSD in escrow for the bsip18 worker .. and 6.666 USD in escrow for the steemfest worker

Offline Chronos

Does that really reduce operational costs? Since block time is constant, I think that would just give more income to remaining witnesses, not reduce cost.

Not saying this is a bad thing, just pointing it out.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
For those who wonder why @xeroc have removed votes from quite a few witnesses, here is the reason:
seem I need to go through my witness votes and kick out some of those that aren't as active as they are supposed to be for the amount of money they get.
By reducing the number of active witnesses we also reduce the operational costs of the blockchain ... let's see when people start complaining real hard ..
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline oxarbitrage

I justed voted for alfredo's worker, as I've seen him do incredible throughout the last months!

thanks, your support as proxy and individual is very appreciated!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I justed voted for alfredo's worker, as I've seen him do incredible throughout the last months!