Author Topic: Proxy: xeroc  (Read 77875 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
no, btsbots.com is a gift to community for free.
and will be maintained as an open source project for free.
I don't have much time to develop it now only because of I have a new project need release in 3 month.it's not about money.
good news is the new project used btsbots's architecture, so some code will merge to btsbots later.

this is one of the reason why I against the worker.
a coder like to do something cool, but we don't need this, we need something satisfied the users.
If we need this tool, we definitely implement it in the web page instead of in the console
.. and you would do that for free?

You do understand that the console tool is not the main point of my worker but a reference implementation that shows how to use the python library?!

Alt, have you considered doing a worker proposal to further develop btsbots?

A big BTS related project in 3 months time sounds very promising :-) :-)
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
no, btsbots.com is a gift to community for free.
and will be maintained as an open source project for free.
I don't have much time to develop it now only because of I have a new project need release in 3 month.it's not about money.
good news is the new project used btsbots's architecture, so some code will merge to btsbots later.

a coder like to do something cool, but we don't need this, we need something satisfied the users.
If we need this tool, we definitely implement it in the web page instead of in the console

You do understand that the console tool is not the main point of my worker but a reference implementation that shows how to use the python library?!

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline alt

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
How you like this:

we need this updated regularly on a website

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
How you like this:

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
you are the biggest vote proxy, you need more carefully.
Agreed

usually I only vote for somebody ask for vote in the forum recently.
That's what I usually do aswell. Didn't work out too good with the 'public-witness-one', either ..

I will work on some nicer tools to make it easier for me to track misbehaving witnesses.

Offline alt

• View Profile
it's your job to make sure his node online if you want to vote for him.
you can touch him through mail/IM , what ever
if you think it's very emergency to vote him in, you need to watch if he's lost block after you vote him in.
6 hours have passed before I post here after you vote him in.

you are the biggest vote proxy, you need more carefully.

usually I only vote for somebody ask for vote in the forum recently.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
at least you should make sure bue's node is online before you vote for this guy
can you vote him out before you confirm his node is up?
You are right, my impression was he would still be interested in being a witness and gave him another chance.
How would you propose that I check his node's availability next time? Aren't "potential" witnesses not supposed to have their machine running in case someone (like me) votes them in?

Offline alt

• View Profile
at least you should make sure bue's node is online before you vote for this guy
can you vote him out before you confirm his node is up?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I urge every committee member that wants to keep my vote to approve the committee proposal `1.10.1183` which increases the witness pay from 1.5BTS to 3BTS (http://cryptofresh.com/p/1.10.1183)
as it has been approved by the majority of shareholders.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I have approved this worker:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23785.0.html
While I understand this is "advertisement" and should be covered by the referral program, I also understand that the referral program is a 'long-term' play
and cannot provide liquidity for a short-term advertisement opportunity as presented here!

could you wait a bit if possible? There is NO framework to measure success or anything. Let me remind you that bitshares paid chronos $2.4 for ONE (!) youtube view at the time of measurement. let's not mindlessly throw money at something like we did in the past

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have approved this worker:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23785.0.html
While I understand this is "advertisement" and should be covered by the referral program, I also understand that the referral program is a 'long-term' play
and cannot provide liquidity for a short-term advertisement opportunity as presented here!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Dear Thom,

the worker pay is as high because of it asking for 2.5x the actual pay so that bitUSD can be borrowed if not available to buy. This means the payment will by far not on full end up in my possession.
Also, I don't have any trouble with increasing witness pay and actually just now approved the 3BTS proposal of @bitcrab. The point I was trying to make is that I don't like to throw money at witnesses that
do their job now with the pay they get. If we increase pay, I do expect improvements one or the other way.
Since I realized that I can remove my support also from witnesses if they don't show their passion, I realized I can indeed support an increased payout for witnesses.

Committee has a Telegram group that is used to coordinate. A proposal needs to last a couple days at least which should give every committee member enough time to approve or comment on his disapproval.
If a committee member doesn't vote and doesn't comment, he should be voted down.

For a social perspective, is only possible if one of the vote-workers crosses the burn worker, however, I think we should eventually come up with a more granular social consensus about when a vote-worker is considered "approved" or not ..

Hope that answers your questions.

After reviewing your worker proposal and seeing the level of pay you're requesting, I'm really surprised you're so bearish on the witness pay issue.

I NOT saying you're not well worth every cent of the $4K monthly pay you're requesting, in fact I also see a benefit to liquidity using your new worker proposal scheme. PLUS I think BitShares will GREATLY benefit from the resulting work on the uptick interface.

Since you are my proxy my formal support is inclusive as well as "verbally" explicit here. I would hope that you will reconsider your position on witness pay. What is the process for that? I know it's up to committee, but is there a regular meeting or call for votes on changes or is it ad-hoc whenever the committee feels a formal vote / parameter change can't wait any longer?

When will an increase in witness pay be formally put to a vote by the committee?