Author Topic: Proxy: xeroc  (Read 77855 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Edit: please keep in mind that the worker proposal would be rejected if you were voting for the refund worker. Your voting for the refund worker would of course have the side effect of pushing other worker proposals out. Which proves that the results for worker voting are not meaningful for making policy decisions.

I created a "no changes to CNY settlement" worker to collect votes that are against the proposal:  "1.14.40"

That way, I don't need to approve the burn/refund worker

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I have decided to NOT approve the bitCNY-settlement worker for these reasons:

Thanks!

Please note: Even if I disapprove the worker, I do have to follow the shareholders' vote on the worker. If the worker finds/keeps sufficient approval until its expiration, I will still need to approve the committee-proposal!

Huh? Since when has a worker proposal been binding for committee members?

I'd thought in our governance model committee members form their own opinion and vote accordingly on committee proposals. Shareholders vote indirectly on proposals by voting on committee members who support their own opinion.

Edit: please keep in mind that the worker proposal would be rejected if you were voting for the refund worker. Your voting for the refund worker would of course have the side effect of pushing other worker proposals out. Which proves that the results for worker voting are not meaningful for making policy decisions.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:47:49 am by pc »
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have decided to NOT approve the bitCNY-settlement worker for these reasons:

- On many places, we have advertised a settlement at 100% the price feed, not 99%
- We do not know if an offset will improve the peg (though we won't know until we try - we can try with a new asset like TCNY though)
- IMHO shorters shouldn't make a profit from settlement as their position doesn't change
- shorters instead DO make a profit from selling borrowed bitassets into the market at a premium
- settlement should be considered a rare operation and instead of asking for a "variable fee" (settlement offset), settlements could be discouraged by an increased flat fee on settlement (fess go to BTS shareholders)

Please note: Even if I disapprove the worker, I do have to follow the shareholders' vote on the worker. If the worker finds/keeps sufficient approval until its expiration, I will still need to approve the committee-proposal!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:24:02 pm by xeroc »

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Quick update: since @Chris4210 (which I met personally in Amsterdam) stood up to become a committee member, I replaced mindphlux in my approval list by Chris' committee account.
Further, since I see the need for high quality UN-BRANDED informational video material, I approved @Chronos worker proposal.

thank you Xeroc for your support!
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Quick update: since @Chris4210 (which I met personally in Amsterdam) stood up to become a committee member, I replaced mindphlux in my approval list by Chris' committee account.
Further, since I see the need for high quality UN-BRANDED informational video material, I approved @Chronos worker proposal.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
I dont know how to see if bts is a profitable company....probably not but if people start using it will........
Is it unrealistic to ask like 1000 for maintenance, support, etc.... N work on improvment, features, like stealth have a target, goal, dates, budgets.....
I dont think is fair you work for free.....maybe there is a midterm btween love belief n food on the table
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Xeroc you are really needed in this.community...as Iam new here.....can you explain to me with this proposal to pay you where the funds come from?

I really think you are very important to this project n deserv to be rewarded n we cant stop
Thanks. I am still part of this community and still put a lot of time into improving the BitShares ecosystem.

Anyway, this thread is for me being a "proxy", which doesn't pay me anything. The proxy account is called "xeroc" and is only used to delegate voting power to me.
The worker (called "pay.xeroc") is probably what you mean. It is payed by BitShares' reserves (http://cryptofresh.com/reserve). It is essentially identical to non-mines bitcoins. Just that the shareholders decide who gets how many.

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
Xeroc you are really needed in this.community...as Iam new here.....can you explain to me with this proposal to pay you where the funds come from?

I really think you are very important to this project n deserv to be rewarded n we cant stop
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
out of the current committee, two have never joined any discussion or tried to contact the rest of the committee.
If you can come up with good proposals for committee member, I would love to support some fresh air in the committee.
In the meantime I will keep my voting for people that are at least active in discussions.

Hence: If you feel fit for a committee position and would like to participate in decision finding, please create a committee proposal and let me know

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Update:

- Approved the bitARS worker since they seem to work hard to get an ARS smartcoin and only ask for the asset creation fee. It would have been slightly better if they used a multisignature account, but I trust elmato

I urge against doing so.  It is not a matter of trust but a matter of doing it right.  IMHO, this has to be done right and the account should _at least_ be a multisig one with a number of independent and respected community members holding the keys.
Agreed.

@ElMato: To fix this, we could ask you to add the committee-account as a secondary account to your active AND owner key of the `elmato` account. Give your own keys and committee-account a weight of 1 and set a threshold of two .. After payout (e.g. the creation of the asset), the committee can then approve its own removal from your account permissions.
It has another advantage, namely, the whole committee can review the creation of the smartcoin and identify issuers prior to its creation.

Would that work for you? It seems you could get more approval if you do it that way.
Better use another account. `elmato` is an active witness, adding committee-account to the permission list will cause trouble in case when need to change signing key or something.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Update:

- Approved the bitARS worker since they seem to work hard to get an ARS smartcoin and only ask for the asset creation fee. It would have been slightly better if they used a multisignature account, but I trust elmato

I urge against doing so.  It is not a matter of trust but a matter of doing it right.  IMHO, this has to be done right and the account should _at least_ be a multisig one with a number of independent and respected community members holding the keys.
Agreed.

@ElMato: To fix this, we could ask you to add the committee-account as a secondary account to your active AND owner key of the `elmato` account. Give your own keys and committee-account a weight of 1 and set a threshold of two .. After payout (e.g. the creation of the asset), the committee can then approve its own removal from your account permissions.
It has another advantage, namely, the whole committee can review the creation of the smartcoin and identify issuers prior to its creation.

Would that work for you? It seems you could get more approval if you do it that way.

We knew there was a trust issue involved if we created the worker, this is why we wanted the Committe to create it for us.

It does seem logical to have created the worker from a multisig account, however this was not brought forward (at least to me) and therefore we delegated @ElMato to do the task since we thought he was the oldest and best known member of our team (he also runs an active witness node).

Having said this, I don´t think there will be a problem in giving committe-account permissions until the asset is created and transferred, I will speak with the team and with @ElMato to get this done as soon as possible.

@xeroc, done.
elmato account now has:

committee-account added to owner authority, threshold 2.
committee-account added to active authority, threshold 1 (for some reason the change didn't go through, so there is a proposed transaction to change the threshold for the committee to approve)
http://cryptofresh.com/tx/38d1fecba84685ea9938668b37909753a9177567

Offline hcf27

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hcf27
Update:

Agreed.

We knew there was a trust issue involved if we created the worker, this is why we wanted the Committe to create it for us.

It does seem logical to have created the worker from a multisig account, however this was not brought forward (at least to me) and therefore we delegated @ElMato to do the task since we thought he was the oldest and best known member of our team (he also runs an active witness node).

Having said this, I don´t think there will be a problem in giving committe-account permissions until the asset is created and transferred, I will speak with the team and with @ElMato to get this done as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:20:43 pm by hcf27 »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Update:

Agreed.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Update:

Agreed.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Update:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:04:44 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.