Author Topic: Proxy: xeroc  (Read 78143 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I just approved the 0pay worker that votes for an increase of the witness pay to 3 BTS/block
with the reservation that I will disapprove all witnesses that do not provide additional work to fund other that provide additional work to the BTS blockchain (one or the other way)

@witnesses: ball is in your court now! Please show us your passion!

Offline Thom

Dear followers,

I am going to vote for my own worker (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23770.0/all.html) in a few days. If you disagree with paying
this worker, please consider removing me as your proxy. Thank you for considerations.

Regards
 -- Fabian

I see the proposals bitcrab entered to measure stake weighted consensus for increasing witness pay are neck in neck, with "Agree" now slightly in the lead with 27% and "Against" the increase remaining at 24%. The Agree to the increase has risen 7% since yesterday.

After reviewing your worker proposal and seeing the level of pay you're requesting, I'm really surprised you're so bearish on the witness pay issue.

I NOT saying you're not well worth every cent of the $4K monthly pay you're requesting, in fact I also see a benefit to liquidity using your new worker proposal scheme. PLUS I think BitShares will GREATLY benefit from the resulting work on the uptick interface.

Since you are my proxy my formal support is inclusive as well as "verbally" explicit here. I would hope that you will reconsider your position on witness pay. What is the process for that? I know it's up to committee, but is there a regular meeting or call for votes on changes or is it ad-hoc whenever the committee feels a formal vote / parameter change can't wait any longer?

When will an increase in witness pay be formally put to a vote by the committee?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:07:53 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Dear followers,

I am going to vote for my own worker (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23770.0/all.html) in a few days. If you disagree with paying
this worker, please consider removing me as your proxy. Thank you for considerations.

Regards
 -- Fabian

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

So I guess the feedback you were looking from witnesses as to what they will do with the increase didn't come or was unacceptable in your perspective.
I did read feedback from a couple witnesses here in the forums and on telegram but there are still plenty of witnesses I haven't even seen in months let alone reading anything from them.
If we get those voted out and can instead vote in some fresh and motivated people, then I will re-evaluate.

I'm curious as to why you believe the feed accuracy issue has been "resolved" given the eastern perspective. I've been reading this forum every day for a couple of weeks now but that isn't my impression.

I'm open to new info. Perhaps I missed an important input, for example on Telegram which I can't keep up with on the ...DEX channel.
My impression was that most witnesses updated their feed script to reflect the price according to the wishes of the chinese community (i.e. neglect western BTC trading pairs and focus on the chinese-based BTC price).
Are there still witnesses producing "massively" inaccurate price feeds?

I wonder if this is still an issue since the China gov audited the china exchanges and found out that they were manipulating the BTC markets and so are forcing them to charge fees for trading now. It would suggest that their price is likely going to be more in line with the North American/Euro prices more so now. I guess we have to wait a bit to see.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
So I guess the feedback you were looking from witnesses as to what they will do with the increase didn't come or was unacceptable in your perspective.
I did read feedback from a couple witnesses here in the forums and on telegram but there are still plenty of witnesses I haven't even seen in months let alone reading anything from them.
If we get those voted out and can instead vote in some fresh and motivated people, then I will re-evaluate.

I'm curious as to why you believe the feed accuracy issue has been "resolved" given the eastern perspective. I've been reading this forum every day for a couple of weeks now but that isn't my impression.

I'm open to new info. Perhaps I missed an important input, for example on Telegram which I can't keep up with on the ...DEX channel.
My impression was that most witnesses updated their feed script to reflect the price according to the wishes of the chinese community (i.e. neglect western BTC trading pairs and focus on the chinese-based BTC price).
Are there still witnesses producing "massively" inaccurate price feeds?

Offline Thom

I just voted against the worker that proposes to increase the payment for witnesses.
In my opinion, the witnesses job is producing blocks and providing a reliable feed. The "problems" raised with "inaccurate" feeds have mostly been resolved. witnesses that still produce inaccurate feeds should be replaced by those that are willing to work for the current pay.
If things go wild, I would rather move feed production away from witnesses towards a set of paid (through workers) producers which however comes with other disadvantages.

So I guess the feedback you were looking from witnesses as to what they will do with the increase didn't come or was unacceptable in your perspective. You just posted that request 2 days ago, which isn't a lot of time. Your impression may come from other sources that this forum, like Telegram.

If that is the case, it would be great to see a summary of such important info from Telegram that's being factored into these decisions.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 04:23:20 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I just voted against the worker that proposes to increase the payment for witnesses.
In my opinion, the witnesses job is producing blocks and providing a reliable feed. The "problems" raised with "inaccurate" feeds have mostly been resolved. witnesses that still produce inaccurate feeds should be replaced by those that are willing to work for the current pay.
If things go wild, I would rather move feed production away from witnesses towards a set of paid (through workers) producers which however comes with other disadvantages.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Even though I dislike approving an unknown developer as a worker for BitShares core code, I am willing to see and give Alfredo Garcia a chance to proof himself.
I'll revisit my choice in a few weeks

blockpay is supervising and paying for half of the worker... I think that's a good enough incentive to give him a chance :)

I agree with both of these comments.

Thank you xeroc for continuing to be involved and for your optimistic attitude towards the platform. You sir are a powerhouse!

Also glad to see Riverhead's involvement as nexus-dev. Riverhead is yet another solid and long standing member of this community I am very happy to see return in any capacity.

Agreed.  Xeroc is the bees knees.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Thom

Even though I dislike approving an unknown developer as a worker for BitShares core code, I am willing to see and give Alfredo Garcia a chance to proof himself.

blockpay is supervising and paying for half of the worker... I think that's a good enough incentive to give him a chance :)

I agree with both of these comments.

Thank you xeroc for continuing to be involved and for your optimistic attitude towards the platform. You sir are a powerhouse!

Also glad to see Riverhead's involvement as nexus-dev. Riverhead is yet another solid and long standing member of this community I am very happy to see return in any capacity.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline CalabiYau

Thanks for your trust.
Indeed there is a lot of technology, politics and business involved in running a huge network like bitshares and i expect it to grow massively in 2017.
Hoping to serve your needs well..

Really appreciate your job & integrity and share your expectations !

Offline xiangxn

You can vote for my witness [xn-delegate], thanks.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23687.0.html
Please vote for my witness: xn-delegate
My wallet:https://btsgo.net/

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
To let you know, I have

* approved svk's worker as I know he is doing awesome work and the UI needs to improve constantly to keep an edge over competitors
* disapproved soledger's worker as I haven't heard or seen anything for a couple of weeks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Thanks for your trust.
Indeed there is a lot of technology, politics and business involved in running a huge network like bitshares and i expect it to grow massively in 2017.
Hoping to serve your needs well..