Author Topic: 2nd Request- I have an account and I can not transfer any funds from my account  (Read 9841 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi Abit and Everyone!

I got access to my happy1 account :)...

Lets move on now to learn different applications of OL2.0/Bitshares...

I am totally committed to the Blockchain!

Edward

Good news!

Offline edward freeman

Hi Abit and Everyone!

I got access to my happy1 account :)...

Lets move on now to learn different applications of OL2.0/Bitshares...

I am totally committed to the Blockchain!

Edward

Offline edward freeman

Happy New Year Abit and Everyone!

From http://cryptofresh.com/u/happy1 it says:

bts-er1 registered happy1

The private key of happy1 account should be in the same wallet which bts-er1 is in (while registering), otherwise it's impossible to pay from bts-er1. So if you can access your bts-er1 account you'll be able to access the happy1 account.

Abit, I'm in the bts-er1 account and I can not access the happy1 account (I deposited bts into happy1 from another account)...   I'm not sure if I'm on the correct PC that I registered happy1 on while I was in the bts-er1 account, let me try another PC...   and now I have no control over happy1...   
I really appreciate your support abit :)...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Re:  account happy1

This was an account I opened as a referal from my bts-hi account and I failed to stop once I created it and create a new wallet for it on a individual PC.  I deposited  ~60K bts from my other Bitshares accounts.  I am beginning to see the limitations of accounts...  I trust you all can support me to gain access to the new Bitshares account happy1.

Is is possible we can do a conference call on some of my account issues...  I can post it publically, it may support other Bitshares users in the future...

Thanks-  Edward

From http://cryptofresh.com/u/happy1 it says:
bts-er1 registered happy1

The private key of happy1 account should be in the same wallet which bts-er1 is in (while registering), otherwise it's impossible to pay from bts-er1. So if you can access your bts-er1 account you'll be able to access the happy1 account.

For the "isolation" demand, please try xeroc's post above (I quoted below). If you want to import it to another PC, just need to do the 8-12 steps on the new PC.
1) open the wallet that you used to a access happy1
2) open your account overview for happy1
3) click on "permissions"
4) make sure you have the "active permissions" tab open
5) click on the public key (a long sequence of chars starting with BTS)
6) in the popup click "show" (needs an unlocked wallet)
7) copy the appearing stream somewhere safe (this is the private key that will give access to your account's funds)

8) now go to your settings
9) wallet management console
10) click "new wallet" and create a new empty wallet
11) in your new wallet click "import keys"
12) paste the key from above

Done

Make sure you understand the first paragraph of
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/user/account-permissions.html
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
to tell you all the truth...  I don't think this is my account...  I never opened this account back in the old Bitshares, before 2.0...  I was trying to open an account the same time bts-er1 was opened.  I thought I owned er1 and I used CCEDK to deposit ~30K bts to er1 and none of my PC's have any private keys on this er1 account.  The deposit from my CCEDK account to er1 completed but I'm thining now that perhaps someone else registered that account back in June 2015...  I did not open it up then...  I appeciate your support with this...

Edward
If it's not your account and you want to ask back your fund, try contact the owner of that account by transferring a small amount of fund to him/her, with a memo explains what happened and what you want. Wish you good luck.

Offline edward freeman

Re:  account happy1

This was an account I opened as a referal from my bts-hi account and I failed to stop once I created it and create a new wallet for it on a individual PC.  I deposited  ~60K bts from my other Bitshares accounts.  I am beginning to see the limitations of accounts...  I trust you all can support me to gain access to the new Bitshares account happy1.

Is is possible we can do a conference call on some of my account issues...  I can post it publically, it may support other Bitshares users in the future...

Thanks-  Edward

Offline edward freeman

Hi Xeroc!

I have several .bin backup files, with different file names.  I have gone through them all and followed your procedure above to get the private keys and in all my .bin files none of them gave me access to click on my key.  The .bin files I have gave me access to carry out your procedure on my Bitshares accounts:  bts-er1, bts-hi and bts-happy.

Abit says the er1 account is documented at:  http://legacy.bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=er1

About

er1
Previous account Next account
ACCOUNT INFO

Account ID:77567
    Registration date:6/17/15 10:13 PM
    Registration block:
    Last update:6/17/15 10:13 PM
    Owner:BTS7pDayuNhQvTB3aqX36zBzY5WtgE5FPV6KoPxJJP18m6MJPgFKJ

to tell you all the truth...  I don't think this is my account...  I never opened this account back in the old Bitshares, before 2.0...  I was trying to open an account the same time bts-er1 was opened.  I thought I owned er1 and I used CCEDK to deposit ~30K bts to er1 and none of my PC's have any private keys on this er1 account.  The deposit from my CCEDK account to er1 completed but I'm thining now that perhaps someone else registered that account back in June 2015...  I did not open it up then...  I appeciate your support with this...

Edward

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline edward freeman

Thanks Xeroc!

I just spent a couple of hours using different PC's, I'm using Mozilla Firefox browser and I was opening all the different backup .bin files I could to see if I could get control of my happy1 or er1 account's and NO, nothing yet...   the happy1 account was a test referral account from my bts-hi account and the er1 account was my first Bitshares account...  and abit says the er1 account  See http://legacy.bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=er1  was created before Bitshares/Openledger 2.0 ....  I really appreciate you guys supporting me with this :)...

Edward

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
1) open the wallet that you used to a access happy1
2) open your account overview for happy1
3) click on "permissions"
4) make sure you have the "active permissions" tab open
5) click on the public key (a long sequence of chars starting with BTS)
6) in the popup click "show" (needs an unlocked wallet)
7) copy the appearing stream somewhere safe (this is the private key that will give access to your account's funds)

8) now go to your settings
9) wallet management console
10) click "new wallet" and create a new empty wallet
11) in your new wallet click "import keys"
12) paste the key from above

Done

Make sure you understand the first paragraph of
http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/user/account-permissions.html

Offline edward freeman

Thanks Xeroc...

I opened up "happy1" account as a referral from "bts-hi" accnt...   I can't get this happy1 accnt isolated alone so I can have access to it and upgrade to Lifetime Member...  It is challenging for me to keep asking questions like this...   I appreciate any support with this happy1 accnt...

Sincerely,

Edward

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
thanks abit...

I opened a new account happy1 and I'm not clear on how to isolate this account from my other accounts so I can create my .bin backup file for this new account...  any ideas on this :)...  thanks again abit :)...
your new account has now been creating using the brain key of your wallet .. if you have the brain key (and have not changed your account's authority) you can always gain access to the account using the brain key.
However, you can also export the private keys of the account using the permissions tab and clicking the public keys. Those private keys can then be imported into a NEW wallet so that you only have your new account in it.

Offline edward freeman

thanks abit...

I opened a new account happy1 and I'm not clear on how to isolate this account from my other accounts so I can create my .bin backup file for this new account...  any ideas on this :)...  thanks again abit :)...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline edward freeman

no...  the wallet is not any of these...   I do not have any private keys for this er1 account...  FAV, will you support me in transferring my funds out of this corrupted account...
Buddy, your account is "bts-er1", not "er1".

abit...

My first account from FAV's Smartcoin referal is accnt "er1" and from that account I opened up accnt "bts-er1"...   I own both....
I'm sure er1 is registered before bts 2.0 launch. See http://legacy.bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=er1
In this case you need to follow the "upgrade to BTS 2 guide "

yes...  excellent abit...   is there a link...  I could not find it yet...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
no...  the wallet is not any of these...   I do not have any private keys for this er1 account...  FAV, will you support me in transferring my funds out of this corrupted account...

abit...

My first account from FAV's Smartcoin referal is accnt "er1" and from that account I opened up accnt "bts-er1"...   I own both....
I'm sure er1 is registered before bts 2.0 launch. See http://legacy.bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=er1
In this case you need to follow the "upgrade to BTS 2 guide "
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:29:22 am by abit »

Offline edward freeman

abit...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I tried to upgrade the er1 account to Lifetime Member and this is what I get...

Failed to broadcast the transaction:
Transaction was not signed. Do you have a private key? [no_signers]
Upgrade Account   
Account to upgrade   er1
Upgrade to lifetime member   true
Fee   20,000 BTS

...so my backup .bin file for er1 accnt is not providing the private key...

how does this happen FAV... 
I want to transfer the funds out of this account... 
how can I lose access to this account...
what could have happened...

if you trust me send your er1 backup & password to bitshares@tutanota.com and I'll try my luck

Offline edward freeman

I tried to upgrade the er1 account to Lifetime Member and this is what I get...

Upgrade Account   
Account to upgrade   er1
Upgrade to lifetime member   true
Fee   20,000 BTS

...so my backup .bin file for er1 accnt is not providing the private key...

how does this happen FAV... 
I want to transfer the funds out of this account... 
how can I lose access to this account...
what could have happened...

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

if you do not have any backup or private keys for er1 there's nothing I (or anyone else) can do for you.

do you have a backup of that wallet? brain key?

Offline edward freeman

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
in the Wallet Management Console
there is a first block

Active Wallet:
DEFAULTER1

Change Wallet

yes, the change wallet is active and links to something

do you see other wallets in a dropdown menu?

Offline edward freeman

in the Wallet Management Console
there is a first block

Active Wallet:
DEFAULTER1

Change Wallet

yes, the change wallet is active and links to something

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline edward freeman

Hi Everyone!

Let me share with everyone what transpired....

I started looking at Bitshares 2.0 opening and very interested
I then got onto FAV site smartcoin blog
I opened my original account "er1"
I opened a CCEDK account to fund er1 account
When I looked at the properties of this er1 account I noticed this...

Fee Allocation
Network   20%
Lifetime Referrer   (committee-account)   30%
Registrar   (temp-account)   50%
Affiliate Referrer   (committee-account)   0%
Membership Expiration    N/A
Fees and cashback
Lifetime fees paid    0 BTS
Pending fees    0 BTS
Pending vested fees    0 BTS

I then noticed that I wanted to open my own account independent of this original accnt
I opened up "bts-er1" and "bts-Hi" accnts
those accnts don't have issues...  yet
I now notice the following in Permissions page

Active Permissions
Owner Permissions
Memo key

Owner permissions define who has control over the account. Owners may overwrite all keys and change any account settings.

See permissions for more details.
Threshold    1

Enter account name/key and weight
   Account/Key   Weight   Action
   BTS7pDayuNhQvTB3aqX36zBzY5WtgE5FPV6KoPxJJP18m6MJPgFKJ   1   

Recent activity
Operation   Info   Date
No recent transactions

it seems somehow, unknown to me, the Permission threshold is set to 1, I never did this
It appears somehow the Active Permissions and Owner Permissions have been modified to a threshold of 1
the key entered is: 

Create Account
    Explore
    Transfer

Help
er1
Follow
Pay
Active Permissions
Owner Permissions
Memo key

Owner permissions define who has control over the account. Owners may overwrite all keys and change any account settings.

See permissions for more details.
Threshold   

Enter account name/key and weight
   Account/Key   Weight   Action
   BTS7pDayuNhQvTB3aqX36zBzY5WtgE5FPV6KoPxJJP18m6MJPgFKJ   1   

Recent activity
Operation   Info   Date
No recent transactions
OpenLedger   (Powered by BitShares 2.0.151223)
Head block 

when I go to remove the key and set the threshold to 0, it will...

Please confirm the transaction
Update account   
Account name   er1
Proxy Voting Account   proxy-to-self
Memo Key   BTS7mbHzr8...
Common options   
root:{} 6 items
fee:{} 2 items
account:1.2.77564
owner:{} 4 items
active:{} 4 items
new_options:{} 6 items
extensions:[] 0 items
Fee   1.00002 BTS

and then...

Update account   
Account name   er1
Memo Key   BTS7mbHzr8...
Common options   
Fee   1.00002 BTS

How did these Permissions get set...

Edward

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
If you have the backup file as well as the password to unlock you should be able to send. How many BTS does the account have? Is it more than 30 BTS? Maybe the fee is bigger than the amount you have on the wallet?

edit: i see you have enough to pay the fees
http://cryptofresh.com/u/bts-er1

@xeroc may be able to help

Could you try and post a printscreen here? I don't know of that happening to anyone up until now. Maybe someone will see it and remember if it happened to them. @fav anyone else had this problem?

NOTE: let me remind you even though you want to "delete" this account (although that's not possible), I would advise you not to do it as it seems you've already paid 20k BTS to be a lifetime member? Ditching this account would mean you've paid 20k BTS for nothing.
______
As for the admin unlocking / deleting account part... I don't think you've grasped the concept of what a blockchain is yet. As an advice, you should read more on that so you know where you're using your money and make a more informed decision.
Ah, I see. OP was trying with account "er1" but her account is actually "bts-er1"?
The "bts-er1" account is correctly referred by fav.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:04:37 am by abit »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
If you have the backup file as well as the password to unlock you should be able to send. How many BTS does the account have? Is it more than 30 BTS? Maybe the fee is bigger than the amount you have on the wallet?

edit: i see you have enough to pay the fees
http://cryptofresh.com/u/bts-er1

@xeroc may be able to help

Could you try and post a printscreen here? I don't know of that happening to anyone up until now. Maybe someone will see it and remember if it happened to them. @fav anyone else had this problem?

NOTE: let me remind you even though you want to "delete" this account (although that's not possible), I would advise you not to do it as it seems you've already paid 20k BTS to be a lifetime member? Ditching this account would mean you've paid 20k BTS for nothing.
______
As for the admin unlocking / deleting account part... I don't think you've grasped the concept of what a blockchain is yet. As an advice, you should read more on that so you know where you're using your money and make a more informed decision.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:44:27 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Chronos

I first posted this back on 12-9-2015 and I still can not transfer funds from this account in BTS 2.0
Oh, don't worry. Bytemaster says that the inability to transfer funds is not a violation of property rights. See http://bytemaster.github.io/update/2015/12/28/BitShares-Vision/

(I'm only joking.)

Offline edward freeman

What would you do abit....

I have the .bin backup file and I can logon...  how do I get the keys...  I only have a copy of the .bin file for er1...   help me get control of this account abit....

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Have you unlocked the wallet before transfer/vote?

If you have access to the wallet (in your old PC) which created the backup, try to backup again and restore to the new PC. It's needed to backup again after created a new account.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
You're referred by @fav?

If it says "Not your account", you need to import your backup wallet or private key.

Thanks abit :)...

I have restored it with a copy of the .bin backup file and I still get the "Not Your Account" messege...   I guess in somehow opening another account this original account's private keys got corrupted or confused...  I do not have the private keys...   This is wasting alot of my time...  Who is an admin person in Bitshares and can reset this account or credit my funds to another account and close this...  I don't wish this waste of time upon anyone else...
There is no admin in BitShares. Unable to close your account or move your fund if you can't prove that you own the account (or say if you don't have the private key).

Offline edward freeman

Please confirm the transaction
Update account   
Account name   er1
Memo Key   BTS7mbHzr8...
Common options   
Fee   1.00002 BTS
CONFIRM
Cancel

Update account   
Account name   er1
Memo Key   BTS7mbHzr8...
Common options   
Fee   1.00002 BTS
Close

Offline edward freeman

You're referred by @fav?

If it says "Not your account", you need to import your backup wallet or private key.

Thanks abit :)...

I have restored it with a copy of the .bin backup file and I still get the "Not Your Account" messege...   I guess in somehow opening another account this original account's private keys got corrupted or confused...  I do not have the private keys...   This is wasting alot of my time...  Who is an admin person in Bitshares and can reset this account or credit my funds to another account and close this...  I don't wish this waste of time upon anyone else...

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
You're referred by @fav?

Offline edward freeman

I first posted this back on 12-9-2015 and I still can not transfer funds from this account in BTS 2.0 and I'm wondering why no one will support me with this...

I originally opened a Bitshares account from FAV's smartcoin link and now this account is corrupted and does not recognize me as the Owner.  I wonder why FAV won't support me with fixing or closing this account, it has a small balance of bts

I have an account and I can not transfer any funds from my account
« on: December 09, 2015, 12:27:12 PM »

Modify
    Remove

Hello Everyone!

I have a Bitshares account "er1" and I can not use the Transfer module in Bitshares 2.0 to transfer funds out of this account.  Actually I wish to close out this account as the Membership or Permissions are not set right and when I try to transfers funds it say I don't own the account...  I'm asking the community for support with this...

Fee Allocation
Network   20%
Lifetime Referrer   (committee-account)   30%
Registrar   (temp-account)   50%
Affiliate Referrer   (committee-account)   0%
Membership Expiration    N/A
Fees and cashback
Lifetime fees paid    0 BTS
Pending fees    0 BTS
Pending vested fees    0 BTS

Transfer

From  er1
Not your account

Thanks...  Edward
Modify message
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:34:39 PM by ereidhead »

I have backed up the account ...  I just restored this account to a virgin PC via the backup file and still I can transfer funds from this account...

I would like to close this account now and withdraw my coin to another account...

FAV...  if your out there will you support me...

Edward

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:49:07 pm by ereidhead »