Author Topic: Can a Bitcoin Mixer be built in BitShares?  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
poor persons mixer. account x sends funds to sharebits account you anon control / sharebits withdrawal sends funds to account z you control. mixed for ~75 BTS round trip.

Haha, them user cases though :o

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
poor persons mixer. account x sends funds to sharebits account you anon control / sharebits withdrawal sends funds to account z you control. mixed for ~75 BTS round trip.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Ok just had this random idea, which, assuming it's feasible could be one of the first big apps bringing in money for BitShares. The main reason becasue the end users don't even need to know they're using BitShares or ever need to use BitShares.

Basically something like MetaExchange (this could even be a feature of theirs) that let's you send a BTC to a BTC address that you would place in a memo. Then those X btc you send would be converted to BitShares2.0 BTC, either the bitAsset or the service's BTC.UIA like METABTC or OPENBTC.

Then this would automatically be sent via STEALTH to another throwaway account. That account would then convert it to BTC just the same way as if I'd send META.BTC to metaexchange and they would send me the BTC to my real bitcoin wallet.

Time correlation could still be done, maybe add a parameter in the memo that would define the time delay with which the BTC would be converted and sent? Or have them hop through multiple BTS addresses with STEALTH which I dont really know if it's necessary.

Another way would be to have any BTC sent be automatically divided in equal amount of chuncks so for example all that could be seen out of it once it reaches the bitcoin blockchain would be outputs of 0.1 or 0.3 btc for example

If done this could actually be a service provided by BitShares FOR bitcoin or any other community and end users wouldn't even have to go through the process of acquiring BTS and all of those troublesome steps. It would work just like metaexchange does.

Is this feasible once STEALTH is implemented?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:15:47 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads