Author Topic: What is this PM about?  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Riverhead

crapcoins

If only this forum had a sense of humor, we could have some fun right now.  :-\
Happy days will return.

Offline Tuck Fheman

crapcoins

If only this forum had a sense of humor, we could have some fun right now.  :-\
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I've gotten a couple of those notifications, too. Even if they could get into my e-mail, they'd find that I have nothing on Freebies except for whatever crapcoins I've been sent and chosen not to bother redeeming.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

It could mean somebody figured out your forum password if they had actual reason to generate a code it means they were trying to access your sharebits account.

I'd change my forum password just to be safe, if you keep any value on sharebits. Most likely it's just some kid dicking around though.

Offline EstefanTT

Same message here ;)
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d
You can only generate one every 24 hours... it'd be more efficient to just create a shill account and PM people to spam them then use our service, lol.
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Anyone can request a withdrawal code be generated, just how anyone can punch your email into a site and hit "Forget Password" which will send you an email. There's nothing too alarming.

Can't this be abused to generate spam ?
Am assuming there are limits embedded by the forum on the bot that limits no of Pm's sent ?

Offline hybridd

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hybr1d
Anyone can request a withdrawal code be generated, just how anyone can punch your email into a site and hit "Forget Password" which will send you an email. There's nothing too alarming.
http://sharebits.io - #sharebits "person" amount asset - Start tipping on bitsharestalk today!
Developer @ Freebie

38PTSWarrior

Offline mint chocolate chip

The way sharebits is setup anyone can request a withdraw code for anyone's account...however the pm with the code is only sent to the matching bitsharestalk account.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
It could be a possible reset of your account.
@kuro112  and @hybridd  thoughts?

Offline onceuponatime

I received the following PM today:

"At 12/28/2015 11:44:31 PM UTC a security code was requested for your account: xxxXxxxX"

What does this mean and what, if any, action should I take?