Author Topic: What do you think which value will be after the 1 Bitshares chain?  (Read 4544 times)

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
Re: What do you think which value will be after the 1 Bitshares chain?
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 08:04:07 am »
is it expected that there will be more PTS or AGS in existence at the time BTS launches?

Is 4 million BTS all there ever will be or is that just the starting amount?

It will take about ~150 days for AGS to catch up to PTS in number available.  We are aiming for a release of the first BTS chain before then and will have a better idea of a target date in a few weeks.  We will give at least two weeks notice. 

The first BTS chain will never have more than the 4 million shares it is born with.

If I may step in here, I believe there is some confusion around the term bitshares. BEXshares is the "first chain" and is the digital asset exchange. The next chain might be Luckyshares or Domainshares. All these DACs are "bitshares". "Bitshares BEX" is what people are mostly talking about when they say bitshares (at least right now).

I am right about this?

Offline coolleven

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 07:04:48 am »
you would be suprised by the value of pts after a couple of years as some cool Dacs will eventully beat many things that excist today

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 09:10:38 pm »
is it expected that there will be more PTS or AGS in existence at the time BTS launches?

It will take about ~150 days for AGS to catch up to PTS in number available.  We are aiming for a release of the first BTS chain before then and will have a better idea of a target date in a few weeks.  We will give at least two weeks notice. 

The first BTS chain will never have more than the 4 million shares it is born with. 
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 06:47:27 pm »

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:28:52 pm by currencydebt »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 04:58:39 pm »
4 MIO BTS = 2 MIO BTS (50%AGS) + 2 MIO BTS (50%PTS)

if on BTS launch 1.500.00 MIO PTS exists for example then 1 PTS = 1.333 BTS
Pls correct me if i'am wrong

looks correct
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 04:44:58 pm »
4 MIO BTS = 2 MIO BTS (50%AGS) + 2 MIO BTS (50%PTS)

if on BTS launch 1.500.00 MIO PTS exists for example then 1 PTS = 1.333 BTS
Pls correct me if i'am wrong
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 04:47:57 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 04:37:58 pm »
Actually, at the time of first bitshare chain comes, all 4 million bitshares will be distributed to pts holders and ags holders, at 1:1.

When you say All, are you saying there will only be 4 million bitshares total?

Please refer to the official source here:  http://invictus-innovations.com/social-concensus

There will be 4 million total, half for PTS and half for AGS.  Scaled to the number of PTS and AGS that are owned when BTS is launched.

So since there will probably be different numbers of each on that Great and Glorious Day, you can't say 1:1 on a per share basis, it's 1:1 on a percentage basis.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mint chocolate chip

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 04:17:11 pm »
Actually, at the time of first bitshare chain comes, all 4 million bitshares will be distributed to pts holders and ags holders, at 1:1.

When you say All, are you saying there will only be 4 million bitshares total?

Offline fuckingegg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 06:35:22 am »
that's the game theory. hm...

Offline zhang8862686

• PkrX7zWBe76uu825XAcN8urVbiMiRV4npo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 08:45:18 am »
50-50 is best   while the  s o b   iii
PkrX7zWBe76uu825XAcN8urVbiMiRV4npo

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:22 pm »
ripple I think the confusion is coming from the fact that we don't have a good word for "base unit of non-root bitshares chains"

If BitShares is a success, protoshares should be worth more, even though they reward less per share.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:43:59 pm »
if i understand it corret only the first Bitshares chain will be 50 % PTS and 50% AGS with 16 BitAssets available. After that much more Bitshares will come but 10% PTS and 10% AGS. So i am wondering what this will be worth after the first Bitshares.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:35:50 pm »
What do you mean by saying" All coming Bitshares will be splitted from Protoshares with 10:1"?  Actually, at the time of first bitshare chain comes, all 4 million bitshares will be distributed to pts holders and ags holders, at 1:1. PTS will still be valuable because you can always benefit from all following DACs. I guess the price of pts thereafter highly depends on whether there are more exciting DACs compared with BTS or not.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
What do you think which value will be after the 1 Bitshares chain?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:21:42 pm »
In the moment 1 Protoshares costs 1/50 of 1 BTC and i wanted to know if you believe it would be better to take a piece of Angelshares and not Protoshares. After the fork of the first Bitshares chain with a 50% split. All coming Bitshares will be splitted from Protoshares with 10:1.

So what do you expect for the Protoshare price to be after the first Bitshare fork? In the moment it seems to me the first Bitshares is valued something 8-9 USD but will this mean that Protoshares will fall to 10 USD back?