Author Topic: Why I like Ethereum [BLOG POST]  (Read 12137 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Could someone explain to me very simply what the benefits of integrating the ethereum virtual machine in to bitshares would be?

with examples

thanks in advance
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I will do my part to provide guidance to new developers along with tutorials. Will you do your part of welcoming any and all development on BitShares?
Yes, I will.

I dream of the day BitShares will have many independent developers similar to Ethereum.

"I would actively support a FBA to integrate the Ethereum VM into BitShares. Done properly this would have significant advantages over the current Ethereum blockchain. I would make the following minor modifications to the EVM’s implementation"

Do you have a rough estimate on time and labor?

You beat me to it. This is a very nice and interesting approach. Maybe with that we could attract more developers, plus have better PR and exposure.

If BitShares solves some Ethereum problems
If Ethereum solves some BitShares problems

If both could be achieved with that, then I'm curious as hell to know what could come out of this! I like to thing this approach would bring in more devs and make people give BitShares a second opportunity.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 05:40:11 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

"I would actively support a FBA to integrate the Ethereum VM into BitShares. Done properly this would have significant advantages over the current Ethereum blockchain. I would make the following minor modifications to the EVM’s implementation"

@toast and @Rune may be better qualified to make these estimates.  I would guess we could get something like this done for around $50,000.  In this case, I think I would prefer to have someone more experienced with Eth take the lead and I will help with the design.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

TravelsAsia

Offline btswolf

I will do my part to provide guidance to new developers along with tutorials. Will you do your part of welcoming any and all development on BitShares?
Yes, I will.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good to see you are back at writing blog posts .. i missed them

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.