Author Topic: open marketplace  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
+5% +5% +5%, great, good idea, i like it, just do it!
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Good idea..  :D
Don't use memo, use the market order book.
For example, if you want to sell/buy something, you create a webpage or blog post or google doc or whatever static with detailed description, sign with your key, and encode the url of the page into a number, then you submit a bid order in a special market with the number as price and/or amount. Others see the order, decode to the url, saw your request, then create a proposal for you.

Another way, (ab)use the committee member info data, can set a url there, update fee is 2 bts.

Yet another way, (ab)use the ASSET info data, can update the description, fee is 20 bts plus 2bts/kbyte of data. Oh, you need 5000 BTS to create an ASSET if not already did.

The golden grail is the "custom" operation, possible to do anything with it.

I didn't understand a single sentence from this post..lol... :)"sign with your key", "encode url" ,"decode url" are just not known sentences for me. I do hope that you guys make something easy for usual stupid people like me to use with a click of a button...

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Im doing this,, with encrypted message that goes to seller
https://github.com/sidhujag/syscoin2/blob/rebranded0.12/src/offer.cpp

I will later write an ebay wrapper to import export from ebay
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I think you can write a memo without encrypt of course

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Good idea..  :D
Don't use memo, use the market order book.
For example, if you want to sell/buy something, you create a webpage or blog post or google doc or whatever static with detailed description, sign with your key, and encode the url of the page into a number, then you submit a bid order in a special market with the number as price and/or amount. Others see the order, decode to the url, saw your request, then create a proposal for you.

Another way, (ab)use the committee member info data, can set a url there, update fee is 2 bts.

Yet another way, (ab)use the ASSET info data, can update the description, fee is 20 bts plus 2bts/kbyte of data. Oh, you need 5000 BTS to create an ASSET if not already did.

The golden grail is the "custom" operation, possible to do anything with it.

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Let me rephrase...

As far as I know the memos are visible only to the 2 parties right? I mean if I make a transfer to someone and write a memo then only the receiver see that memo right? Is there a way to have an address to burn bts and other assets write a memo and everyone can see that memo?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
the sending of the memos is 30 bts which is the base fee right? which is less than $0.1 currently. ..

If I want to buy something desperately like a medecine from the US that someone can just go to a pharmacy over there and just buy it and send it to me and I can't because of capital controls in my country or any other stupid reason and someone else can sell this to me I don't think I would bother paying a premium for that product or cover all the fees needed to send a couple of memos and conclude the transaction with the other party...

So more fees mean the DAC is more profitable.
The seller has the chance to sell something to someone else abroad at premium and makes some profit
The buyer got what he wanted
Everyone is happy...

Can we have a place, an address and put in place the most simple open market place possible accessible from the DEX? That shouldn't be difficult at all right? I am no IT literate so I don't know how difficult would be to do that..

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
decentraliced ebay

the sending of the memos will be costly.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I want to buy something from abroad and with the capital controls in Greece I can't.

How difficult is to build a marketplace within the DEX? Something that people can request to buy something and someone else has and want to sell it and the trade is done with bitassets? Even something really simple and basic..

Like I send some 1 bts to a specific public address created for that purpose i.e. "marketplace" with a memo "I want to buy xxx", everyone can see that memo so if someone can sell the product to me he can send me back a memo with the price and so on..

That doesn't sound very difficult and may be something that may attract a lot of people..