Author Topic: DEX Proposal  (Read 9317 times)

jakub

I will set something up because it is apparent that BitShares needs continuous development and maintenance of its core features.

Rather than having one worker proposal, I will define 4 proposals.  Each proposal will be for $7500 per month.  The proposals will be "open ended" without specific tasks assigned beyond "maintaining and enhancing existing features".  This will cover the cost of fixing bugs, improving documentation, adding GUI support for existing features on the blockchain (proposed transactions, white listing, withdraw permissions), improving the API, etc. 

The community can then vote for how much to fund us and we will put in the time proportional to funding. 

Any unfunded time will be spent building our own business on top of bitshares.

+5%
Sounds good to me.
I'd only add "Graphene education" to "maintaining and enhancing existing features", so that you treat teaching, sharing your knowledge and answering community questions as an important part of your routine, on par with coding.

Offline bytemaster

I will set something up because it is apparent that BitShares needs continuous development and maintenance of its core features.

Rather than having one worker proposal, I will define 4 proposals.  Each proposal will be for $7500 per month.  The proposals will be "open ended" without specific tasks assigned beyond "maintaining and enhancing existing features".  This will cover the cost of fixing bugs, improving documentation, adding GUI support for existing features on the blockchain (proposed transactions, white listing, withdraw permissions), improving the API, etc. 

The community can then vote for how much to fund us and we will put in the time proportional to funding. 

Any unfunded time will be spent building our own business on top of bitshares. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I don't claim to know the best way for you, or anyone, to spend their time; However I for one would be perfectly fine with "about $30K per month to have Val, Ben, James, and I working on the DEX 75% of the time."  One way or another, development needs to continue on a multitude of fronts.

I have a hard time imagining how funding the very people who conceived, architected, and developed BitShares (this still not fully explored or understood powerhouse of a blockchain) could be anything but beneficial.

Knowing this crowd, I will be preemptive here and also say I would support a complimentary worker proposal that saw you mentoring other talented developers to help cultivate a plurality of skilled devs within the bts ecosystem.

All this said, a hearty  +5% to what was expressed by @CoinHoarder here as well.

+5%
+5%

+5%

jakub

I support paying bytemaster and crew 30k USD per month for continuing to improve the DEX

For me this is also probably worth the money, but a lot here depends on the time span.
How much (roughly) can be done in one month if we decide to employ 75% of CNX workforce for 30k USD / month?

This thread was a result of that pressure from forum members (I didn't say stakeholders) in my estimation.

As BM has not bothered to be more specific, I also have this impression that he actually prefers us to reject this offer.
If we accepted, how would this be reconciled with the manpower needed for Stealth and MAS? This is all very unclear to me.

Maybe this approach is more realistic: after Stealth is completed (Feb/March) and before the work for MAS has started, why don't we come to an agreement to pay CNX 30k per month and have 75% of CNX manpower in that single month devoted to one purpose only: tutorials, FAQs, educational materials, third-party training. In other words, for 30k USD we could set up a Graphene school and increase the number of people with a Graphene skill-set by 100 or 200%.

For me, this 30k USD investment in manpower inside the ecosystem is worth more than any DEX feature that CNX is able to deliver within a period of one month.
It will slow us down by one month, but in exchange it will give us an enormous acceleration afterwards.

@bytemaster , what are your thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:35:19 pm by jakub »

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I support paying bytemaster and crew 30k USD per month for continuing to improve the DEX
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I don't claim to know the best way for you, or anyone, to spend their time; However I for one would be perfectly fine with "about $30K per month to have Val, Ben, James, and I working on the DEX 75% of the time."  One way or another, development needs to continue on a multitude of fronts.

I have a hard time imagining how funding the very people who conceived, architected, and developed BitShares (this still not fully explored or understood powerhouse of a blockchain) could be anything but beneficial.

Knowing this crowd, I will be preemptive here and also say I would support a complimentary worker proposal that saw you mentoring other talented developers to help cultivate a plurality of skilled devs within the bts ecosystem.

All this said, a hearty  +5% to what was expressed by @CoinHoarder here as well.

+5%
+5%

Offline bitacer

+5%

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:25:04 am by lovejoy »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I'm actually somewhat surprise DSN, as you're usually the voice of reason when it comes to doing market research and making a solid business plan based on it. Perhaps you have inside information swaying you? But I see no such plan presented, just a concept and a pitch. Part of that plan should be "opportunity costs" for business lost in one market b/c the focus is shifted to another one. All we ask as shareholders is accountable transparency. I thought this forum and specifically this discussion of priorities, DEX / MAS was part of that process.

I am... there is nothing that has been introduced thus far to suggest otherwise. It all begins with a vision.. followed by planning and then followed by research.

The only take away at this point and why BM is sharing his vision of what he wants to build on Bitshares, is that it is going to help Bitshare grow. Otherwise what business was/is it of ours? He is just excited about realizing a vision he has had for a long time that can now technically be possible.

BM really has no reason to be publishing a business plan or his own market research. Really do you want other communities to just be gobbling it up similar to what happened with BitAssets by implementing their own versions possibly quicker to market?

Seriously, I think everyone really needs to stop focusing on what BM and CNX does.. and really focus on what we (the stakeholders) are going to do with Bitshares. I am glad to see some members of the community finally getting this and starting to make such movements that are happening in other threads. THAT is what our discussion should be about. Everything else is misdirected/misplaced energy.

This thread was a result of that pressure from forum members (I didn't say stakeholders) in my estimation.

Thus my  +5% to some of the sentiments that @CoinHoarder made.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
He has been working on dex. But he needs to find a sustainable income source to continue. I for one am glad he is looking for options that don't dilute

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
A lot of people have expressed interest in having me/CNX focus on the DEX. 

If that is the case, I can create a worker proposal that will fund almost full time DEX development.  It will require about $30K per month to have Val, Ben, James, and I working on the DEX 75% of the time. 

Otherwise we will have to find other ways to make money.

What are your thoughts on such a proposal?  We would focus on API + Bond + Maker.

I thought you were working on the DEX. Isnt that what BitShares is supposed to be?

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey 38PTSWarrior, here are the results of your tips...
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

38PTSWarrior

#sharebits “CoinHoarder“ 1 CHATEAUX
Pro CoinHoarder. Also I believe that bytemaster should code away like he wants for best results and to keep the momentum. Flow flow flow.
A lot of voting going on. Maybe too much to get a good picture of what everyone votes.
When everyone here contributes with what he can, then we will get respect from outside.
Discussing things to death, please no, cheers

TravelsAsia

A lot of people have expressed interest in having me/CNX focus on the DEX. 

If that is the case, I can create a worker proposal that will fund almost full time DEX development.  It will require about $30K per month to have Val, Ben, James, and I working on the DEX 75% of the time. 

Otherwise we will have to find other ways to make money.

What are your thoughts on such a proposal?  We would focus on API + Bond + Maker.
Where's percentage based fee? I'm wondering why you keep ignoring BSIP4. Do you think it is worthless?

+5%

Please create a proposal.