Author Topic: Whats going on with Coinmarketcap ?  (Read 7591 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Got BTS back and 20 METAFEEs on top of - thank you  - much apprecitated :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Any updates on refunding BTS  @monsterer ?

Hi cass, sorry for the delay - @Shentist is handling the refunds, it should be with you shortly :)

ok thanks for the update - & a happy new year :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline monsterer

Hi cass, sorry for the delay - @Shentist is handling the refunds, it should be with you shortly :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
a big bow to @cass and @pomi0760

i will discuss with paul how we will honor helping us here.

this is the risk of making your own markets and you find out, that the system you use is not good enough to make this kind of failure impossible.

i think we can improve the behavior of our market maker in this cases a lot, so that this will not happen again.

cheers guys
shentist

Offline Riverhead

I was another guy. I think I did nothing wrong. [.....] But I still hope metaexchang to reduce losses.

https://blockchain.info/address/13HF4gRU6mXCVLCeiirGaoWqtQQR4AiiqZ

+5% Bravo.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
That sucks Monsterer, hopefully this motivates you to improve the back end of Metaexchange a little bit. Coin market cap uses the price of each exchange, weighted by how much volume they've had in the last 24 hours. I think perhaps you can improve upon that formula by using a combination of the median price and CMC's formula. Obviously you've thought of this but a killswitch would be good too, if the price moves X% you should freeze trading until you manually OK it.

I've been working on creating part of a Meteor app (javascript & node.js) that aggregates data from 31 exchanges... it is a pain in the ass because every exchange has a different format for everything whether it be the format of their JSON, or the denomination they show price or volume. It is incomplete, but I'd be happy to share my code with you if you want to build a custom solution and cut CMC out of the loop. I admit I haven't programmed anything in about 10 years though, so my code is rough around the edges so to speak. This project is just to reacquaint myself with programming for fun so I wouldn't mind sharing the code, although I do plan on building a site around the code I'm writing. I have 31 exchanges working and am looking to implement another ~40 more. I can understand why you're using CMC though... it is a PITA to integrate a lot of exchange's APIs.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I think it is a legitimate transaction. Because I did not use any illegal means. I earned a total 6.794BTC. I have returned to the contact monsterer 3.39 BTC, although I think I should not return. But I still hope metaexchang to reduce losses.

+5%

(Maybe a small donation from metaexchange in some way would cause that people will refund it next time then as well .. but without advantage of getting a small refund donation or something .. people will ask themself next time .. why they should do this .. my 2 cents)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 02:18:33 pm by cass »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I was another guy. I think I did nothing wrong. I did not use any BUG. If I use my account may be more subtle. I have been concerned metaexchang and poloniex.com. Before I accidentally found relatively high price. I think it is a legitimate transaction. Because I did not use any illegal means. I earned a total 6.794BTC. I have returned to the contact monsterer 3.39 BTC, although I think I should not return. But I still hope metaexchang to reduce losses.

+1
honorable behavior!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Thanks for the explaination. Looks like a happy end.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 01:00:24 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline pomi0760

• View Profile
I was another guy. I think I did nothing wrong. I did not use any BUG. If I use my account may be more subtle. I have been concerned metaexchang and poloniex.com. Before I accidentally found relatively high price. I think it is a legitimate transaction. Because I did not use any illegal means. I earned a total 6.794BTC. I have returned to the contact monsterer 3.39 BTC, although I think I should not return. But I still hope metaexchang to reduce losses.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
https://blockchain.info/address/1DbYtdyK5eotCms9LYsEyXCp6DX5cYtFBz

refunded ... merry Xmas..

Hopefolly the other guy will do it in same favour ..

Offline Riverhead

IMO it was also a mistake from metaex to relie only on one feed from cmc
Agreed. I'm sure also no one more so than them.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
IMO it was also a mistake from metaex to relie only on one feed from cmc

Offline Riverhead

Theft by manipulation is something anyone in the market faces - especially in times of low liquidity. Hopefully the person that exploited the markets will give some of it back but, in my experience, that is not usually the case.

There are plenty of sharks in these waters and sooner or later anyone that takes a risk to provide liquidity services is going to get bitten. All we can do is try to implement systems that mitigate the risks.

Everyone thinks they are too smart to be taken right up until they are.