Author Topic: I think angelshares are driving down the price of protoshares  (Read 18018 times)

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Last orders please! Cheap buying will soon be over.

Offline bytemaster

They have infinite good ideas but progress on only BTS (and keyhotee if you count that). Progress on BTS is also progress on sister bts chains though.

The last big milestone is the consensus engine. If bytemaster is able to do all he's done so far and can create a satisfactory solution with his the ripple/PoS thing, then we're golden and I'm sure I3 (and third parties with the toolkit) will be practically stamping out reliable new DACs. The hope is that these address big needs that ethereum/nxt are trying to address one-by-one, except with "cooperative" chains.

Would be cool to have a status update specific to the consensus engine. Will TestShares use it? Will you publish the protocol early to have people scrutinize or keep it secret until close to launch?

We do Everything in the open from day one why would we change that. 

Some people may be working on the bounty if they haven't made enough progress we're going to take in house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
They have infinite good ideas but progress on only BTS (and keyhotee if you count that). Progress on BTS is also progress on sister bts chains though.

The last big milestone is the consensus engine. If bytemaster is able to do all he's done so far and can create a satisfactory solution with his the ripple/PoS thing, then we're golden and I'm sure I3 (and third parties with the toolkit) will be practically stamping out reliable new DACs. The hope is that these address big needs that ethereum/nxt are trying to address one-by-one, except with "cooperative" chains.

Would be cool to have a status update specific to the consensus engine. Will TestShares use it? Will you publish the protocol early to have people scrutinize or keep it secret until close to launch?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Thank you for handling that toast one PTs tip coming your way. When I get back to my wallet.

Hi bytemaster,

Is there a list of the projects in the Invictus pipeline with a general description?  It just seems like a large % of the present value of PTS will always be the quality of the prospects in the pipeline, correct?

Offline FelixO

• View Profile
Thank You for that fast reply, much appreciated!

Offline bytemaster

Thank you for handling that toast one PTs tip coming your way. When I get back to my wallet.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
So has the spending value of my stake as a ProtoShare holder been reduced through the introduction of Angelshares? I see that the awarded percentage of BitsharesX was raised to 5:1 but because of the imminent split of the pot with Angelshare holders that raise can evidently not be profound. Or has the total number of to be awarded BitsharesX also been raised?
The total number of bitsharesX has been *lowered* and this is *good* for PTS holders.
It used to be ~10% PTS holders (1:1 PTS:BTS but there would be ~20M BTS) and 90% to miners.
Now it's 50% to PTS and 50% to AGS.

If you're in it for the BTS, you're better off now. Really the only people who are upset are people who wanted to hold PTS but sell before BTS came out, because now it's as if all the future miners are able to sell right now.

Also, sorry if that information is redundant but, do I need to donate my Protoshares in order to receive BitsharesX? I thought this transition was designed to happen smoothly inside my wallet where I am encouraged to hold my PTS at the issue date of BTS

You don't need to do anything, just hold on to your PTS wallet. You can donate to AGS if you want to get a bit more BTS per PTS.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:36:02 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline FelixO

• View Profile
I am also frankly a bit concerned. Are we at least being assured that there will be no more new fund-raising shares issued that would compete with the existing ones?

So has the spending value of my stake as a ProtoShare holder been reduced through the introduction of Angelshares? I see that the awarded percentage of BitsharesX was raised to 5:1 but because of the imminent split of the pot with Angelshare holders that raise can evidently not be profound. Or has the total number of to be awarded BitsharesX also been raised?

Also, sorry if that information is redundant but, do I need to donate my Protoshares in order to receive BitsharesX? I thought this transition was designed to happen smoothly inside my wallet where I am encouraged to hold my PTS at the issue date of BTS

Please excuse me not being up date, but 3I is without a doubt a boiling pot of ideas and concepts and I recognise now that me not reading this forum for a few weeks has left me with a lot to catch up with

Offline mastermined

• View Profile
how low does pts have to go before the ags inflation is stopped? :(

will ags destroys pts?

how much has been raised with ags as of today?

how are pts holders not getting screwed because of ags?

i hope something is planned to help compensate pts holders.
BTC: 17khsA7MvBJAGAPkhrFJdQZPYKgxAeXkBY 
DRK: XrSyguUg3J2yVQC5641fmhAjGdpcrzj7wZ

Offline crazybit

[q uote author=Pocket Sand link=topic=2085.msg24322#msg24322 date=1389063324]
There are not enough btc investors in AGS and the price of pts is suffering and will continue to suffer to this as pts holders rush to sell off pts to get better ratios on btc/AGS. The only way out of this is to drum up morpmarketing/support from btc community to buy AGS or face  declining pts prices until it meets an equilibrium between BTC and PTS donated per day.
[/quomp]

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
the price of PTS jhvae decreased  close to 50%  after AGS had lanched
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
good timing to buy PTS...

Def a good time to load up on some pts

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline kmtan

• View Profile

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
There's a huge buy order right now on Cryptsy worth 27 BTC.  I guess not everyone thinks this is a bad thing.

The market price of PTS going down does not reflect a loss in 'value' of PTS it is just forcing the market to more accurately price the value than all of the other coins out there by forcing 10K in sales each and every day.   The BTC Angel fund is sucking a lot of the buying demand from long-term investors which get a 2:1 deal by buying AGS rather than PTS.   Many that hold PTS may be selling it for BTC just so they can buy AGS and get a slightly better deal than sending PTS directly to the PTS AGS address.

I know this is my situation/motivation. I also hope to use it as an opportunity to buy up more PTS cheap once I can get my bitcoins out of another investment I made which is currently illiquid.

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
Imo some of the "Bountiful Bounties" are set far to high with tasks that take a good programmer some hours of work and that will earn him bounties like "100PTS". So either these bounties are overvalued, or PTS are highly undervalued as payment for bounties. This is surely also contributing to falling PTS/BTC value (and buy volume). On some of the last days where the "Trading Volume" was around 40.000$ in 24h, 6-10% of the whole PTS trading volume was ME spending all my BTC in PTS on Cryptsy lol. I just did not want to let the price fall under 0.017 BTC  :(...and I failed, it's at 0.0168 now.
I would review some of the bounties and lower the reward...

i would agree that PTS is undervalued in terms of bounties, i guess as the value rises over time the bounties will lower too.