Author Topic: *CI/UI/UX Design / Web Development - cass  (Read 16961 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok as i was voted out .. i will refund the BTS i was getting over the past month ..! I will make a cut here ...
3 weeks of recover after loss of a family member should be ok for everyone ...anyway ..
working on holidays etc ... was ok for everyone when we did work over x-mas and so on the past 2 years .. then nobody was complaining .. ?

Tired to have explain etc ...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 11:54:32 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What do you think .. better to open a new thread for that pruposes ?
definitely!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hey all..

let me know your ideas of restructuring frontpage of bitshares.org

All Input appreciated ...
Also what pages u want me to add/create new... ?

What do you think .. better to open a new thread for that pruposes ?

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

jakub

Maybe good idea:

this video needs to be on the bitshares.org website - i don't understand why it is not.

Shentist means this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivwuANB1Syo&feature=youtu.be

Offline fuzzy

Hey all.. FYI .. i'll start working again on monday.  I will credit 44 hours work at the end of worker proposal.
Or maybe i will work more upcoming days ... anyway .. i will document my working hours...thanks for your trust and patience.

<3
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Hey all.. FYI .. i'll start working again on monday.  I will credit 44 hours work at the end of worker proposal.
Or maybe i will work more upcoming days ... anyway .. i will document my working hours...thanks for your trust and patience.

Offline noisy

Some time ago I wrote a post about livecoding.tv and cryptonomex developers. @cass maybe you also could consider this idea?

All details were described here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=19625.0
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv

Offline roadscape

I appreciate your mum making such a great fellow, Cass. I'm sorry to hear of her passing. Sending all my love to you and your family.

Me too.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
my condolences cass. I am very sorry for your loss  :(

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
My condolences @cass , I'm sure things will start to look up for you soon! Take your time, we'll be here when you get back!
+5%

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
I appreciate your mum making such a great fellow, Cass. I'm sorry to hear of her passing. Sending all my love to you and your family.

Offline testz

Offline bitacer

My condolences too . Sorry to hear that..

Offline svk

My condolences @cass , I'm sure things will start to look up for you soon! Take your time, we'll be here when you get back!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Sorry to hear that  :(
All will be well..
Agreed ... very sad to hear ..
don't bother about the community, the whatever time you need!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Sorry to hear that  :(
All will be well..
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
@cass Any updates please?

Sry for not updating etc. My Mum passed this world last weekend, i'm currently have to deal with many burocratoc things etc. I will post in my thread tomorrow. I will add this open hours to the end without any payment.. if the community thinks this is ok ..

anyway .. sad days .. sry for the circumstances
Not my days :/

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:56:42 am by abit »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Congraz Cass!  Looking forward to more beautiful work from you.

just you know .. this IMO a milestone as well .. maginfica and me are the first workers voted in without the help of CNX ... ;)

Yes indeed.  I think BM has decided to let the decentralisation of voting a chance to work and refrained from getting involved.   +5%
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
And a big thank you @bitcrab for giving me your votes and making this possible!
Without our votes .. i would have to revoke and close this proposal today.
Great!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
+5%
+5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
just you know .. this IMO a milestone as well .. maqifrnswa and me are the first workers voted in without the help of CNX ... ;)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:24:16 pm by cass »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
+5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i will add a time tracker, better to say, i'm planning to working times and projects i'm working on regulary basis within my github proposal

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your votes.

As it seems i'm voted in, i will start a poll on marketing section later this days

Which tasks i should priorize and on which tasks you want me to start workinn first.
I'll try to provide screen designs first .. so we are able to discuss it before starting deploying ..

Thoughts?

Offline fuzzy

Cass has been integral to the defree that i cant believe people wouldnt want to buy him at a significant discount. 

Philosphical discussion aside...how do we expect to get the talent to compete with badasses like cass if we are unwilling as a community to recognize such value and distribute tokens to those who provide such amazing value?  People like cass are the REASON people like cass will show up to help provide extra work. 

To put it another way...would you want to compete for a spot on an allstar team or a little league one?  Network effect doesnt just fall in our laps...it will cost us.  bts tokens are worth nothing though if we are not wise enough to get them into the hands of people who will bring network effect both directly and indirectly through their work.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:55:10 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

jakub

Cass is a long-time contributor & delivers great work that every BTS-related website reuses... you've got my support!

Voters who are skeptical should consider that they can still revoke their votes for the worker later.. but a decision to not vote is final.. so at least give him a few weeks to get to full speed and show what he can do! @jakub @bitcrab @fav

@cass , you have my vote.

Offline roadscape

Cass is a long-time contributor & delivers great work that every BTS-related website reuses... you've got my support!

Voters who are skeptical should consider that they can still revoke their votes for the worker later.. but a decision to not vote is final.. so at least give him a few weeks to get to full speed and show what he can do! @jakub @bitcrab @fav

i remember xeroc said once the worker voted in , even if you withdrew the votes , the workers will still be in ?

or was he talking about parameter change ?

AFAIK, worker votes (and thus funding levels) are recalculated hourly. And if a new worker comes along with more votes, existing workers may get their funding reduced.. I take this to mean workers can be voted in/out at will.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
i remember xeroc said once the worker voted in , even if you withdrew the votes , the workers will still be in ?

Can't remember saying that and I don't think that is the case .. AFAIK workers get paid as long as the workers with more votes leave some funds in the round's pot ...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline roadscape

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I i can understand that @abit is hesitating to vote for cass since most of cass's work is not easily linkable to him. However I can tell with certainty that cass is one of the most engaged (and most loyal) member of thos community. He is one of the few that saw people like toast and vikram came and go and is still considered a HUGE win for us.

Hoenstly, if we can pay those people, how could we EVER attract developers that work for us independent of CNX?

can ---- can't
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Voted.

I for one would like to see much more development on the bitshares.org website, which imo should really serve as a trustworthy hub of up to date information and resources on what's happening and what's possible across the entire bts ecosystem, as well as a portal for all related projects, and thoughtful social media integration.  Thoughts on development priorities @cass?

It's not hard to imagine that a startup of our nature could easily benefit from having multiple full time people working on the web dev and social media integration alone.  Given all the shifting sands we travel through, it would be immensely helpful for us to be presenting a consistent user experience from here on out.

Maybe someday in the not to distant future we will be able to use the committee and worker model to effortlessly delegate development to small teams of trusted and qualified workers.  The tools are being forged, as the terrain is being mapped.  Bit by bit.

For now, let's put cass in the Web Dev seat, and let him run point on this.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
How about cass's worker proposal, and why?

still thinking about this. my main concern is that we should concentrate on core functionality for now.

workers could hire cass on a "per job" basis and add x amount to their worker proposal to pay him

but then i will depend again on a middlemen .. and this is exactly, what i'm trying to avoid ...
(i'm thinking the look and feel is one of the core pillars of a successful product/brand .. without this .. u won't market any product)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
@cass honestly I am very sad to hear that ( .. again, last time is when bm said no fund for developing features other than STEALTH). Both jakub and fav aren't voting. I'll ask them.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
From http://cryptofresh.com/workers I see:

Cass proposed worker has 97,314,982 votes

refund400k worker, the lowest green listing in Active Workers, has 156,865,408 votes

Does this mean that Cass need another 60M or so votes to be activated?
Yes it does.

Offline Chronos

From http://cryptofresh.com/workers I see:

Cass proposed worker has 97,314,982 votes

refund400k worker, the lowest green listing in Active Workers, has 156,865,408 votes

Does this mean that Cass need another 60M or so votes to be activated?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I i can understand that @abit is hesitating to vote for cass since most of cass's work is not easily linkable to him. However I can tell with certainty that cass is one of the most engaged (and most loyal) member of thos community. He is one of the few that saw people like toast and vikram came and go and is still considered a HUGE win for us.

Hoenstly, if we can't pay those people, how could we EVER attract developers that work for us independent of CNX?

//edit: fixed "can't" .. thanks btswildpig
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:26:56 am by xeroc »

Offline emailtooaj

@cass though most don't understand the scope of your contributions, please know you're a huge asset to Bitshares and I'll vote for your work without hesitation!
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline btswolf

I`ve just overcome my voter apathy for you.
Also unloaded my polo bts.
You got my tiny vote through xeroc`s proxy.
Stay strong!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What I see everywhere is Overwhelming Support for Cass!

It's like 10 or 20 to 1.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
nope it's ok for me .. thanks for your honest answer..

So you don't think BTS would be more independet if i would continue creating design graphics etc ?
For me it looks .. like .. till i have stopped contributing to site etc .. nothing more is in progress ..  as well in the graphic side..

(To the free contributing thing ... tbh .. i'm tired of this dicussion .. i've alsmost contributed free the first year .. just 1-2 bounties were paid)

This to say .. you think BTS would not directly benefit from my work?
I don't get this point. Anyway thanks for giving my your honest opinion about ..

I can't contribute for free .. as almost my stake was reduced by more then 80% on value, as i didn't get time to look in trading, due the fact ..
i was contributing my work .. for an ecosystem .. which seems to not see the true benefits of my contributed work ..

Anyway ... thanks for you answer .. i will consider to revoke my proposal ...

I'm frusted, but guess you notice it .. as i have the chance wether to work for equity or as voluntary .. both are no solutions to the current problems i face here!
I have to ask myself why i'm doing this …

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:09:51 pm by cass »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Also on the agenda are infographics and image/brand broschures ..
IIRC many users here asked about ... so if u want to make BTS more independet from CNX .. may u should consider to vote for my worker.
Imo your are not competing with CNX, so it's not so independent/decentralized to vote for you..
Honestly I'm still hesitating, although my voting power is small. I did saw your efforts for the community/ecosystem. Sometimes you're very cute. Sometimes I think you asked for too much while many others are working for fee E.G. it's Jakub who made the 2.0 road map and you only posted it to bitshares.org after changed some colors. I think it's better if you're paid by who got direct benefits from you, E.G OpenLedger and/or CNX.
Wrote so much.. sorry if anything offensive, please let me know.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Also on the agenda are infographics and image/brand broschures ..
IIRC many users here asked about ... so if u want to make BTS more independet from CNX .. may u should consider to vote for my worker.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I am glad to see the key players - svk, xeroc and cass continue to support bitshares via a worker role.  Well deserved and all the best.

Thanks for your trust .

BTW, Zn translation should be termed 'Chinese simplified translation'.

oh .. updated :) thanks for the hint

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I am glad to see the key players - svk, xeroc and cass continue to support bitshares via a worker role.  Well deserved and all the best.

BTW, Zn translation should be termed 'Chinese simplified translation'.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:12:46 am by cass »

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
my bts account:ebit
 :)

wow @ebit - thank you much

your BTS account pls :)

c
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Yes!  I support you in this capacity 100%.
Thanks for all you have done and continue to do for this community!
 +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
wow @ebit - thank you much

your BTS account pls :)

c

Offline svk

I fully support this, we all know Cass's track record as a long-time supporter of Bitshares and an extremely hard worker, and it would be great to have him contributing more to the GUI development, and devoting more time in general to Bitshares which I know he's been unable to do recently due to economic concerns.

+5%
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
BOUNTY
I would pay 5k BTS bounty for a complete chinese translation
of my worker proposal with creation of a pull request here
Let me know if you are interested :)

(@ebit @cn-members)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:26:22 am by cass »

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok, new proposal is up and live 1.14.28
(sry for the circumstances)

Offline Riverhead

Great! The shareholders can hire talent and have the blockchain pay them.  +5%
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:11:12 pm by cass »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Such Passion
Very Needed
Much Support!

We have plenty of work to do in order to bring BitShares to the masses using the bitshares.org page ..

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
CN translation added to github: readme-CN.md | cass-worker-proposal-1.14.28-CN.md

Since the DAC concept has been developed in 2012 and BitShares has been launched in late 2013, the whole blockchain ecosystem has evolved rapidly. Back then Cryptonomex has not yet existed and the development of BitShares has been done by Invictus Innovations lead by Daniel Larimer. With the founding of Cryptonomex, people have started to believe that Daniel had to continue to work on BitShares for the sake of shareholders profits.

People now start to realize that we have now reached a time to start individual business on top of BitShares and independent of Cryptonomex and we have the means to do so successfully using Fee Backed Assets, a worker or by constructing a profitable business.

However, the services I can deliver cannot easily make a profit of them selves so that being paid by a worker only makes sense in my case. As a consequence of being hired as a freelancer by the BitShares shareholders directly, I can contribute and improve the ecosystem independent of Cryptonomex.

My tasks include branding and website related work as well as user interface design aspects.

自从2012年DAC的概念被提出来,我们可以看到:BitShares在2013年底的启动及整个blockchain生态系统的迅速发展。当时,Cryptonomex还没设立,是“丹尼尔.拉里默(Bytemaster)”领导的 Invictus Innovations主导了这些工作。随着Cryptonomex的成立,人们开始相信丹尼尔为了股东利益不得不继续为BitShares工作。

同时,现在,人们意识到我们已经达到了一个时间点,可以独立于Cryptonomex之外建立个人业务:我们有办法成功地使用“费用支持资产”,或者建立一个“工人”或构造一个有利可图的业务。

由于我提供的服务不适合发行资产也不容易构建业务,所以,我建立了一个工人。被比特股持有人们直接录用为自由职业者后,我可以做出更多贡献,并增强这个经济系统对 Cryptonomex的独立性。

我的任务包括品牌和网站相关工作以及用户界面设计方面。

The complete proposal

Proposal 1.14.28
http://cryptofresh.com/workers

Code: [Select]
get_object 1.14.28
[{
    "id": "1.14.28",
    "worker_account": "1.2.5178",
    "work_begin_date": "2016-01-15T00:00:00",
    "work_end_date": "2016-04-15T00:00:00",
    "daily_pay": 2730700000,
    "worker": [
      1,{
        "balance": "1.13.511"
      }
    ],
    "vote_for": "2:139",
    "vote_against": "2:140",
    "total_votes_for": 0,
    "total_votes_against": 0,
    "name": "Graphic Design / UI/UX Design / Web Development",
    "url": "https://github.com/cassiopaia/worker-proposals-bts"
  }
]

*CI = Corporate Identity / UI = User Interface / UX = User Experience
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:37:48 pm by cass »