Author Topic: [POLL] Possible committee actions to help with liquidity  (Read 21429 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

This thread was @puppies getting community feedback on this prospect.

With all that has been suggested the committee can take it all into consideration and consult on the matter and come to a decision.

Everyones input was helpful.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
I decided that I would indeed put my other project aside and work on a MM/Arbitrage bot that anyone can download and run on their computer alongside a CLI wallet. I am trying to make it stupidly easy to use so that my grandma could run it... I will be open sourcing it after I am happy that it is safe to for someone to run (won't lose a ton of money haha.)

Done:
- I got the wireframe just about done today: http://imgur.com/a/FelFn
- The settings are saved in a Mongo database (in case you need to reboot your computer, close the bot, etc..)
- You can access the bot from any computer with an internet connection if you forward the web server port

To-Do:
- I will add the ability to create a username and password for added security since you can access the bot from other computers if the port is forwarded.
- Write the Bitshares CLI wallet library
- Write the first exchange (Poloniex) library
- Write a MM/Arbitrage Logic library

I am going to firstly make sure it has the ability to perform arbitrage trades across all BTS/bitAsset markets (centralized exchanges and Bitshare's DEX.) I think that is much easier than making a MM bot. If I can finish that I may move onto some MM-like functions. In other words.. all of the hard stuff left to do.  :-X :'(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:07:43 am by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
so, committee members, do you have something here with proposal potential?

@mindphlux @BunkerChain Labs @baozi @bitcrab
I agree we should use the fund to support liquility.
and I agree tony's advice
Make a proposal please?

Can you discuss that here/telegram and see if you can come up with a proposal?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

Make a proposal please?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline yvv

• View Profile
What should the committee do to support liquidity?

They can't do nothing to support liquidity. To support liquidity, you need capital. Your committee are beggars with naked ass.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
  2.Start selling the collected fees in bitAssets tomorrow...start at 12-15% above feed and lower the price 0.5% every other day...

Yes this makes sense, put all the fee pool bit assets up for sale now at feedprice +15%  and drop it each day until it's all sold.

This can be done now, and is nice and simple. 
more complex ideas will take time and are less likely to get shareholder support.
Agree.
Tony is a genius.

Yes, he is a lovable and helpful person when one sees beyond his spicy surface.  I like that bright idea.

I do wish though, you all have paid more attention to the serious (as spicy as they might be) other posts of mine in this thread, instead of this trivial and of little practical or long term benefits  suggestion.[which in all likelihood is probably not even do-able as of yet, cause "this finished BTS 2.0, probably not quite support proposed transaction because of 'hard to catch if too lazy to test' bug, requiring a hard fork to fix"

ohh yes, and ask our leading exchange [i.e. storefront]- OpenLedger, why do they insist of behaving like obit-uary writers rather than a serious exchange?

Perhaps their main business is obits (and not exchange)?
As you might know, there is little doubt in my mind that this is exactly the case.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
  2.Start selling the collected fees in bitAssets tomorrow...start at 12-15% above feed and lower the price 0.5% every other day...

Yes this makes sense, put all the fee pool bit assets up for sale now at feedprice +15%  and drop it each day until it's all sold.

more complex ideas will take time and are less likely to get shareholder support.
Agree.
Tony is a genius.

Yes, he is a lovable and helpful person when one sees beyond his spicy surface.  I like that bright idea.

ohh yes, and ask our leading exchange [i.e. storefront]- OpenLedger, why do they insist of behaving like obit-uary writers rather than a serious exchange?

Perhaps their main business is obits (and not exchange)?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@puppies

ask them what is the f***en logic for offering to buy their own BTC IOU at 7% discount below market... at most?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:14:12 pm by tonyk »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

Agree.
Tony is a genius.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
If we can increase liquidity.  Even artificially.  And that leads to a better peg.  And people actually use our bit assets.  That would be a great boon to the price.  Lots of ifs in there I know. 

Improving the peg is improving the product.  Improving the product should help adoption and price.

I'm trying to find ways that we can improve things now.  Without waiting for the devs to fix things, or complaining when they don't do what we want or think is best.

I'm doing this because I care about the price.  In fact, I'm pissed about the price.  The price is a direct reflection of how the market views the value of our product.

yes I also am pissed about the price to thanks for doing this @puppies

Nubits uses nushares holders funds to add liquidity and they have a successful usuable pegged coin

liquidity = better peg = more adoption = higher market cap
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
If we can increase liquidity.  Even artificially.  And that leads to a better peg.  And people actually use our bit assets.  That would be a great boon to the price.  Lots of ifs in there I know. 

Improving the peg is improving the product.  Improving the product should help adoption and price.

I'm trying to find ways that we can improve things now.  Without waiting for the devs to fix things, or complaining when they don't do what we want or think is best.

I'm doing this because I care about the price.  In fact, I'm pissed about the price.  The price is a direct reflection of how the market views the value of our product.

Good!

1.Think what is most important about the price - fundamentals, direction, leadership vision... Think about the CEO of a stock exchange flat out declaring "Exchanges are no good for me... I need want something more profitable"

3. DO not be tempted to go after non-market solutions... DO not let Nubit 'success' tempt you for even a single second!

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies