Author Topic: The Benefits of Proof of Work [BLOG POST]  (Read 26407 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
fiesty... plus CNX can push through anything they want.  Market realizes it and that's why your seeing people sell.  Centralization.
Who exactly our my friends?

No, they can't push through anything they want, and market often realizes $h!t!
I would like to know what market "realized" when btc price fell to $3, I supose those that didn't listen to "market" back then and bought btc with a 30% premium from virwox or ebay were complete idiots. If they want to sell, let them sell.

There is a 90% you can try to get votes from, but often I see people focusing on the less than 10% that "BM and friends" has. Where is your call to arms? If you didn't manage to get any votes/support.....maybe you are in the minority.

While I agree that's how the market feels, if people actually understood it, they would just vote for what they think it's the right thing to do instead of taking dumb conclusions. Everyone wins.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

chryspano

fiesty... plus CNX can push through anything they want.  Market realizes it and that's why your seeing people sell.  Centralization.

No, they can't push through anything they want, and market often realizes $h!t!
I would like to know what market "realized" when btc price fell to $3, I supose those that didn't listen to "market" back then and bought btc with a 30% premium from virwox or ebay were complete idiots. If they want to sell, let them sell.

There is a 90% you can try to get votes from, but often I see people focusing on the less than 10% that "BM and friends" has. Where is your call to arms? If you didn't manage to get any votes/support.....maybe you are in the minority.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
CNX can not .. they do not have more shares then others combined .. my proxy plus the proxies of bitcrab, jakub and Harvey, we have WAY more voting power combined than Dan alone .. period

Are you a CNX shareholder xeroc?
Yes I am ..
puts me in a conflict of interest, doesnt it?

My point is still valid though even if you remove me from the equation ..
Doesn't BM's voting power include 2 accounts "angel" and "bytemaster"? That's 4.86%+4.6%, more than the combination of 3rd to 9th.
And the 10th account "shanghai-dragon-cny" votes for almost all init committee members, very likely owned by someone related to CNX.
See http://cryptofresh.com/ballots

//Edit:
It's also strange that shanghai-dragon-cny votes against committee owned burn workers and refund workers, but votes for the original burn-worker owned by init0.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:29:34 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
CNX can not .. they do not have more shares then others combined .. my proxy plus the proxies of bitcrab, jakub and Harvey, we have WAY more voting power combined than Dan alone .. period

Yes I am ..

Yes, while I'm sure you make many of your decisions independently and in the best interest of BTS, someone arguing the point that 'CNX' can strongly influence voting would look at the active BTS voting stake owned/proxied to CNX shareholders not just BM himself.
Not sure what I can do to show people that I can vote independently of CNX .. but I can tell you taht neither Dan, nor Stan or any other member of CNX ever even tried to approach me for a particular vote

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
"We" have a great idea,but lack of money    --------PTS
Oh wait!
"We" haven't get enough fund through the rule we make !
blame to the envil miner!
it 's fine,let 's change the rule  to...              --------AGS
yeah!we have money now....whatever you can do to contribute the community we can offer you a big sum of money!
brian page,toast,the bitgold gateway guy....
It 's all right,cause we are the "new money" guy!
Oh shit! We are running out of fund!
it 's fine,let 's change the rule  to...              --------merge+delegate pay
pay by the "blockchain"!(or the poor invetment people who got involved since 2013?)  genius?haha!?
Oh,no! the price keeps going down!why?this is such a good product!
we should blame for the market!it has noting to do with the merge and dilution...
but the delegate pay can't fit our STOMACH now!
it 's fine,let 's change the rule  to...              ------worker propsal
you poor investment people don't vote for me to get a big sum of money
I will leave the product half cooked and we  can go to the ideal of communism together and forget our invetment

now again,I have a great new idea.     
                                                            it has nothing to do with dilution...

chang chang chang 

how to get more new users

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Yes I am ..

Yes, while I'm sure you make many of your decisions independently and in the best interest of BTS, someone arguing the point that 'CNX' can strongly influence voting would look at the active BTS voting stake owned/proxied to CNX shareholders not just BM himself.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Yes I am ..

Offline valzav

• View Profile
BTW Bytemaster's blog is now participating in openledger's referral program.
Referral link for this post looks like this http://bytemaster.github.io/article/2016/01/04/The-Benefits-of-Proof-of-Work/?r=your-account-name
Please help us spread the word and get rewarded!

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
it is bad to hear that bm start to post blog   :),:)

Those who complain that we are good at technology but bad at marketing should make up their minds.  One BM blog article draws more attention to BitShares that almost anything else I can think of.

that's true . every chat group in China is now discussing BM has another big idea on dilution again . Mission achieved .   +5% +5%

It seems that "every chat group in China" missed that point....

Did you missed that too?

We have seen before that Dan's rumblings can easily turn into reality...
You have still learnd nothing about shareholder approval, have you?
Anyway, since your friends have sold their shares they lost any means of taking part in decision making ..

Offline testz

Oh wait!
yeah!we have money now....whatever you can do to contribute the community we can offer you a big sum of money!
it 's fine,let 's change the rule  to...              --------merge+delegate pay
pay by the "blockchain"!(or the poor invetment people who got involved since 2013?)  genius?haha!?
we should blame for the market!it has noting to do with the merge and dilution...
I will leave the product half cooked and we  can go to the ideal of communism together and forget our invetment

Sell your shares, grab popcorn and enjoy the show.

Offline deer

• View Profile
Oh wait!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Those who complain that we are good at technology but bad at marketing should make up their minds.  One BM blog article draws more attention to BitShares that almost anything else I can think of.

that's true . every chat group in China is now discussing BM has another big idea on dilution again . Mission achieved .   +5% +5%

Did you missed that too?

You have still learnd nothing about shareholder approval, have you?
Anyway, since your friends have sold their shares they lost any means of taking part in decision making ..

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Did you missed that too?