Author Topic: why all project raise funds in bts?  (Read 1906 times)

Offline fuzzy

Indeed you guys, this recent whale dump sucks ::) it took a big bite out of the BTS balance's value. The price of BTS is slowly recovering though and in another few hundred bucks it will be back to where it was (probably by this evening).

Chris did add Bitcoin support but it goes thru the blocktrades bridge right into BTS. Which personally I prefer, but with all these crashes, I'm sure it makes accounting a nightmare. Blocktrades is adding bridges to bitBTC, bitEUR and others though, so as soon as that is done then we will be using that for OPENPOS as well.

Our mobile wallets and POS systems will take advantage of these bridges too so that merchants don't have to worry about that volatility.

OPENPOS is right around halfway there already, so in today's mumble if we can secure the rest then I can make the call and get the crew going on the POS integration immediately and have those systems done by March.

one of the projects im most looking forward to. :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Indeed you guys, this recent whale dump sucks ::) it took a big bite out of the BTS balance's value. The price of BTS is slowly recovering though and in another few hundred bucks it will be back to where it was (probably by this evening).

Chris did add Bitcoin support but it goes thru the blocktrades bridge right into BTS. Which personally I prefer, but with all these crashes, I'm sure it makes accounting a nightmare. Blocktrades is adding bridges to bitBTC, bitEUR and others though, so as soon as that is done then we will be using that for OPENPOS as well.

Our mobile wallets and POS systems will take advantage of these bridges too so that merchants don't have to worry about that volatility.

OPENPOS is right around halfway there already, so in today's mumble if we can secure the rest then I can make the call and get the crew going on the POS integration immediately and have those systems done by March.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Because there is no quick on off ramp for bitUSD... They would have to convert to bitUSD into bts and then into BTC and then into USD all while being killed by the spread.

And don't think that these guys would ever use bitUSD as a payment mechanism, as you can't buy anything with it and no devs accept it.

They could raise funds in bitBTC and don't worry about BTS -> BTC conversion. That would make sense.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Projects should try to mostly raise funds in BTC imo.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I don't understand, why all the exciting projects like OpenPOS, Obits, metafees etc in bitshares want to raise xx$ but price their tokens in bts and not only to bitusd? Raising bts may never be enough if bts keeps falling down or dumped by a whale like it happened today.

Why you guys don't simply request only bitusd? This will give you the funding required and will not have a negative effect on bts price. Not that the $19k that OPENPOS are requiring will have any negative effect but just saying.. Raising bitusd supports bitshares in the same time since people put bts collateral to borrow bitusd and you don't dump any bts..

in the case of METAFEES

you could buy METAFEES priced in BTS/BTC/ETH and NXT

this are just the tokens we need for our liquidity pools.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Because there is no quick on off ramp for bitUSD... They would have to convert to bitUSD into bts and then into BTC and then into USD all while being killed by the spread.

And don't think that these guys would ever use bitUSD as a payment mechanism, as you can't buy anything with it and no devs accept it.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I don't understand, why all the exciting projects like OpenPOS, Obits, metafees etc in bitshares want to raise xx$ but price their tokens in bts and not only to bitusd? Raising bts may never be enough if bts keeps falling down or dumped by a whale like it happened today.

Why you guys don't simply request only bitusd? This will give you the funding required and will not have a negative effect on bts price. Not that the $19k that OPENPOS are requiring will have any negative effect but just saying.. Raising bitusd supports bitshares in the same time since people put bts collateral to borrow bitusd and you don't dump any bts..