Author Topic: [Howto] Prediction Markets in BitShares  (Read 2028 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I don't currently see any indication that there is any demand for prediction markets from within the community.  Until we have a UI that is 100% prediction market based with one step bet against and pretty explanations, that we can market to outside communities I don't think there is any point in creating prediction markets. 
I agree ..
But I felt the need to do the documentation to show people the power of the dex ..
For sure, I will not take that business opportunity .. but maybe someone else will .. and in the end .. improving the GUI to do this is a matter of only a few weeks ..

Someone willing to tackle this thing (legally) could raise money to build a nice app around the tech ..
.. and .. btw .. if you haven't yet noticed .. the creator of a PM-asset can make money off of it by setting a market fee ..
So this IS a lucrative business ..

Whoever is willing to do this .. just drop me a line ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You might want to post this on Reddit
Someone already posted it on r/bitshares

Will we be able to create one using the gui ?
Not sure if that makes even sense .. what reason should there be to let everyone create PMs ..
In the end, it is a thing of trusting whoever created the pm to also publish the correct result ..

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I don't currently see any indication that there is any demand for prediction markets from within the community.  Until we have a UI that is 100% prediction market based with one step bet against and pretty explanations, that we can market to outside communities I don't think there is any point in creating prediction markets. 

Thanks again for your great documentation Xeroc. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitacer

Will we be able to create one using the gui ?

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
You might want to post this on Reddit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Have fun:

http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/user/pm.html

edit: As of January 2016, there is a slight bug in the gui that needs to be fixed before your can bet AGAINST an event.
The CLI allows it already

// edit: I think, I also figured out a way to reduce the flood of assets by reusing PM-assets. If someone is willing to tackle Prediction Markets big time, please contact me
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 08:25:53 am by xeroc »