Author Topic: exchange preparing for voting  (Read 28696 times)

Offline Pheonike

Who controls the shares get to vote with them. If they give their shares to an exchange they give the exchange the right to use them. Like puting your money in a bank, its not your money again until you withdraw if. If you can withdraw it...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:48:44 am by Pheonike »

Offline wallace

• View Profile
under current situation, BTS is actually controlled by CNX and BM, we need an opponent, so I say yes. let's see what will happen.
 +5%
give me money, I will do...

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
exchange vote may change the status of voting apathy, that's good to the community.

users surely have the right to withdraw their BTS if they do not agree on whom to vote with the exchange, the relation is like miner and mining pool, if a miner do not like one pool, he for sure can switch to another pool.

hope polo can join soon.

wrong.

if you send BTS to an exchange you want to trade it, not participate in political decisions.

any exchange voting with users funds should be punished by its users.

whatever this exchange is, void it like the plague.

that depends on what agreement has been reached between the exchange and the users.
and even they haven't touched this kind of agreement-normally they haven't, as voting is new even in cryptocurrencies. they can touch from now - "deposit to the exchange will be regarded as setting the exchange as voting proxy", exchange can offer such an agreement and user can select agree or not.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 06:27:09 am by bitcrab »
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
exchange vote may change the status of voting apathy, that's good to the community.

users surely have the right to withdraw their BTS if they do not agree on whom to vote with the exchange, the relation is like miner and mining pool, if a miner do not like one pool, he for sure can switch to another pool.

hope polo can join soon.

wrong.

if you send BTS to an exchange you want to trade it, not participate in political decisions.

So more users can move to DEX, yay!
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
unrelated info , BTC38's reputation was hurt badly by the DNS merger .

I think exchanges should have a say in bitshares .  because they sell BTS to people , if BTS screw with the users and investors , exchanges will be hurt more and maybe even legally responsible .

those who don't wish exchanges vote with their stake , just withdraw it . 
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

hope polo can join soon.

wrong.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile

hope polo can join soon.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
That doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I hope people pull thier BTS off of any exchanges that vote with BTS they don't really own.

+5%

Offline gunailei

• View Profile

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
It's a good signal imo.
People deposit to exchanges means that they agree the exchanges to vote as their proxy. No difference to set a proxy from the client.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline onceuponatime

That doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I hope people pull thier BTS off of any exchanges that vote with BTS they don't really own.

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile