Author Topic: TCNY has been accepted by BTC38.  (Read 7101 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
+5% Congrats 

I think there could be a good market for TCNY/TUSD this year?

CNY is 4% weaker vs. USD in the last 2-3 months.

If that trend continues a lot of Chinese people would really like exposure to TUSD?

be practical . Not a lot of Chinese people will like to be exposed to a crypto token that's rely on several people(I'm referring to those who give people the impression that if they walk away and BTS will go to zero ) to keep it running  , or lack of liquidity .
It's a fun experiment . 
I would rather expose myself to cold hard USD cash .

Except there's an annual limit of $50 000 which may go even lower if Yuan devaluation continues.

I don't know if you can view the link but there was an article last week that said that some people in China are even buying expensive .com domains as a way to move money from CNY to USD.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-05/heres-ultra-clever-way-chinese-are-circumventing-capital-controls

This is very complicated and risky in terms of getting value back. I think a good TUSD may be better by comparison.

Most Chinese people couldn't earn 50000 USD a year .

True. But the top 1% of Chinese households  (15-30 million people) have an average net worth of $1.6 million

If a lot of their wealth is in Yuan denominated assets (Property, Chinese Stocks, other...) they will want to move more than $50k into USD/other if the Yuan is rapidly depreciating.

and you think those rich folks have nothing better than a crypto platform that only has hundreds of real users to divest their wealth , including using other people's quota ?
that's what i mean about being practical . you can only attract those who you can afford to attract .

Bitcoin is being used for this purpose and the article I linked to showed some Chinese are buying expensive .com domains as a way to move money.

So I think TUSD could be simpler and cheaper than buying .com's as a way to move wealth and is also preferable to Bitcoin which exposes you to a lot of volatility unless you trade out of it very quickly.

You are right that BTS is still small though.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
+5% Congrats 

If that trend continues a lot of Chinese people would really like exposure to TUSD?

be practical . Not a lot of Chinese people will like to be exposed to a crypto token that's rely on several people(I'm referring to those who give people the impression that if they walk away and BTS will go to zero ) to keep it running  , or lack of liquidity .
It's a fun experiment . 

Except there's an annual limit of $50 000 which may go even lower if Yuan devaluation continues.

I don't know if you can view the link but there was an article last week that said that some people in China are even buying expensive .com domains as a way to move money from CNY to USD.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-05/heres-ultra-clever-way-chinese-are-circumventing-capital-controls

This is very complicated and risky in terms of getting value back. I think a good TUSD may be better by comparison.

True. But the top 1% of Chinese households  (15-30 million people) have an average net worth of $1.6 million

If a lot of their wealth is in Yuan denominated assets (Property, Chinese Stocks, other...) they will want to move more than $50k into USD/other if the Yuan is rapidly depreciating.

and you think those rich folks have nothing better than a crypto platform that only has hundreds of real users to divest their wealth , including using other people's quota ?
that's what i mean about being practical . you can only attract those who you can afford to attract .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
+5% Congrats 

It's a fun experiment . 

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
+5% Congrats 

It's a fun experiment . 

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
+5% Congrats 

It's a fun experiment . 

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
+5% Congrats 

It's a fun experiment . 

when I created TUSD, my plan is to provide TUSD redeem service with cooperation with business partners, but finally the partner decided not to introduce BTS things to their business process. so I now need to look for another, seems the service will not come soon.
Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
+5% Congrats 

It's a fun experiment . 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:08:10 am by btswildpig »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
 +5% Congrats 

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline roadscape

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
First privatised smartcoin tradable in an exchange.   +5%
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz