Author Topic: UIA question  (Read 1716 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I would like to pay fee based on the price I am setting for this asset.
It's the only price the issue can actually "set" .. it allows for implicit exchange into BTS from the asset's fee pool and thus allows for transaction and trading fees to be paid in your native token instead of BTS

Offline bitacer

The fee to create a new asset depends on the LENGTH of the SYMBOL. And the only reason to do this is to prevent squatting of *short* names (because they are rare) ..
Also, since the core exchange rate could be changed at any time, this can be tricked easily.. 1) set ultra low price on creation 2) increase cer after creation .. done

whats the function of the core exchange rate?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The fee to create a new asset depends on the LENGTH of the SYMBOL. And the only reason to do this is to prevent squatting of *short* names (because they are rare) ..
Also, since the core exchange rate could be changed at any time, this can be tricked easily.. 1) set ultra low price on creation 2) increase cer after creation .. done

Offline bitacer

Currently the fee for creating UIA is as follows 5k, 260k and 1M BTS.

I would like to pay fee based on the price I am setting for this asset. And that fund will be available for development or whatever .I dont know who else would be willing to create assets this way but I would.

Lets say I create an UIA, name it POPS. I want POPS to be valued 10 BTS per unit , and initially set supply as 1000 units . That would mean I would be paying 10000 BTS fee to the bitshares system. Later on if I wanted to increase its supply , i would again have to pay the fee equal to the amount I am issuing . This way there will be another way for people to really contribute to the system. Who else would want to have something like that ?

Does that make sense or am I just making an annoying noise ?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:32:33 am by bitacer »