Author Topic: I just sold all my Bitshares!  (Read 7396 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So why don't people just buy bitUSD on the DEX if they want BTS to go up but are afraid of losing money (denominated in FIAT)? Then they could easily convert back if it starts to look promising.

+5%

Buying bitUSD is the same as selling.  If BTS rises you miss out and are stuck with your loss forever.

Same applies to the opposite.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
So why don't people just buy bitUSD on the DEX if they want BTS to go up but are afraid of losing money (denominated in FIAT)? Then they could easily convert back if it starts to look promising.

+5%

Buying bitUSD is the same as selling.  If BTS rises you miss out and are stuck with your loss forever.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

+5%

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

I personally would not do that, because there is no liquidity in BitUSD.

true, little liquidity, but that's mainly a problem on the sell side. we've always had far more demand on the buy side, so parking BTS in bitUSD to weather any downturn would surely still allow for easy unwind on the sell side later down the line.

Offline jdfreshman

• View Profile
wait wait wait no desperate no rise

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

I personally would not do that, because there is no liquidity in BitUSD.

chryspano

Offline morpheus

• View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Me too me too!

"I hereby state for the public record and to all tax collectors that I have sold 95% of all my cryptocurrency, at a huge loss, but don't worry, because I will not be claiming this loss on my taxes, and the other 5% of my crypto was lost in a boating accident (when my paper wallet got wet).

But I will still hang around here religiously because no other coin community is giving weekly updates that blow my mind every time."

Oh my God.  Exact same thing happened to me.

Damn. It must be an evil spell!!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Now Bitshares shall rise again because I just sold my shares!

Looks like it. :P
At least you didnt sell at 500 sats, right?

Offline EstefanTT

Me too me too!

"I hereby state for the public record and to all tax collectors that I have sold 95% of all my cryptocurrency, at a huge loss, but don't worry, because I will not be claiming this loss on my taxes, and the other 5% of my crypto was lost in a boating accident (when my paper wallet got wet).

But I will still hang around here religiously because no other coin community is giving weekly updates that blow my mind every time."

Oh my God.  Exact same thing happened to me.

I know ! I was in my boat, just behind yours and the giant middle finger one seeing both sank a the same time ... it was just before mine explode and my wallet paper got burned .. sooo unlucky !!!
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
because they don't know :)

or maybe they don't want to pay the 3-5% premium to get INTO bitUSD ..
the spread should go down over time as liquidity goes up .. From what I saw the last two months, we have a fairly good working bitusd:bts market ..

Offline MarkoPaasila

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I'm out of the digital currency market. I haven't made a penny at it since the Bitcoin boom. I have no interest in investing in any digital currencies until the volume increases substantially. If I invested in UVXY like I originally planned instead of dreaming for miracles in the no volume digital currency market I would have made almost 10 times my money. For the time being I need to focus on making money from my regular job instead of investing in digital currencies 

Lower fees?!

Dude, my broker charges me $5 - $10 a trade. What's 30BTS worth, like 10 cents?!

We will lower fees as soon as a competitor steps into the ring, no matter how many years it takes.

And to prove you are not lying, tell us what you traded your BTS for:

fiat?

factum?

etherum?

wait, let me guess:

MUSE!!!

OK, it makes sense now. ... In that case, I have to disclose that I traded, sorry, SOLD some BTS too recently

;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:16:23 am by Marketorder »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Its about to explode now any time heh.. Might make u kick urself
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag