Author Topic: I just sold all my Bitshares!  (Read 4793 times)

Offline EstefanTT

Re: I just sold all my Bitshares!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 09:40:34 am »
Me too me too!

"I hereby state for the public record and to all tax collectors that I have sold 95% of all my cryptocurrency, at a huge loss, but don't worry, because I will not be claiming this loss on my taxes, and the other 5% of my crypto was lost in a boating accident (when my paper wallet got wet).

But I will still hang around here religiously because no other coin community is giving weekly updates that blow my mind every time."

Oh my God.  Exact same thing happened to me.

I know ! I was in my boat, just behind yours and the giant middle finger one seeing both sank a the same time ... it was just before mine explode and my wallet paper got burned .. sooo unlucky !!!
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 05:23:59 pm »
Now Bitshares shall rise again because I just sold my shares!

Looks like it. :P
At least you didnt sell at 500 sats, right?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline karnal

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 09:12:20 am »
Me too me too!

"I hereby state for the public record and to all tax collectors that I have sold 95% of all my cryptocurrency, at a huge loss, but don't worry, because I will not be claiming this loss on my taxes, and the other 5% of my crypto was lost in a boating accident (when my paper wallet got wet).

But I will still hang around here religiously because no other coin community is giving weekly updates that blow my mind every time."

Oh my God.  Exact same thing happened to me.

Damn. It must be an evil spell!!

Offline morpheus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 03:12:51 pm »

chryspano

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 05:13:45 pm »
I just sold off all of my Bitshares...

Mike? is that you?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 05:18:06 pm »
So why don't people just buy bitUSD on the DEX if they want BTS to go up but are afraid of losing money (denominated in FIAT)? Then they could easily convert back if it starts to look promising.

I personally would not do that, because there is no liquidity in BitUSD.

Offline jdfreshman

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2016, 02:28:40 am »
wait wait wait no desperate no rise

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 05:19:25 pm »
So why don't people just buy bitUSD on the DEX if they want BTS to go up but are afraid of losing money (denominated in FIAT)? Then they could easily convert back if it starts to look promising.

I personally would not do that, because there is no liquidity in BitUSD.

true, little liquidity, but that's mainly a problem on the sell side. we've always had far more demand on the buy side, so parking BTS in bitUSD to weather any downturn would surely still allow for easy unwind on the sell side later down the line.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2016, 06:02:38 pm »

+5%

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 07:41:28 pm »

+5%

Buying bitUSD is the same as selling.  If BTS rises you miss out and are stuck with your loss forever.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 08:24:18 pm »

+5%

Buying bitUSD is the same as selling.  If BTS rises you miss out and are stuck with your loss forever.

Same applies to the opposite.