Author Topic: Permissions  (Read 2605 times)

Offline bitacer

Slowly but surely this will be a piece of art .. :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@jcallfee made some amazing progress on proposed transactions already .. some minor stuff is still missing and i. Will try to tacle them asap.

I am confident we will see the needed features in the gui soon

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Oh my god  :D !  How the other active permissions hear from me about my proposal ?
Once you made the proposal, it's on the blockchain, everyone can see it.

Another use case of proposals described here by alt:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20922.msg270847.html#msg270847.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline bitacer

This is on docs.bitshares.eu :

"AUTHORITIES
In BitShares an authority consists of one or many entities that authorize an action, such as transfers or trades.
An authority consists of one or several pairs of an account name with a weight.
In order to obtain a valid transaction, the sum of the weights from signing the parties has to exceed the threshold as defined in the permissions."

Offline bitacer

good enough for me , you are awesome !  :D

Offline bitacer

Oh my god  :D !  How the other active permissions hear from me about my proposal ?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
"Let’s assume, Alice, Bob, Charlie and Dennis have common funds. We want to be able to construct a valid transaction if only two of those agree."

common funds where ? in whose account ? in one of their own accounts or a separate account?
A separate account.

agree how,  what does that mean?  , whats the procedure of agreeing on a transaction ? how those separate authorities communicate about on what to agree?

how many here understand and successfully implements this, anybody ? I need help
For example, let's say that separate account is "our-account", they want to send 10 BTS from the account to abit(my account). None of them would be able to do it by using the "transfer" API (which is the current GUI using to do transfers), since any one of them hasn't enough permission to do it. But any two of them have enough permissions.

Instead of the "transfer" API, they need "propose proposal" and "update proposal" APIs.

Alice make a proposal: let's send 10 BTS from "our-account" to abit, sign the proposal with her key. If Bob or Charlie or Dennis agree, he add his signature to the proposal, so the threshold reached. When the time defined in the proposal arrives, the proposal will get executed. If nobody else agree what Alice tried to do, they can ignore the proposal so it won't get executed at any time, or they can actively "refuse" the proposal.

//Edit:
My English is not so good, as I don't know what are the differences between "permissions" and "authorities". But you should know what I said above.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:50:19 am by abit »

Offline bitacer

the other issue I am having is that I think I am mixing permissions with authorities. which is what ? who do we call authority and what do we call permission ? I know I ask too much , just want to know how it works.

Offline bitacer

I am trying to understand and implement some permissions. "Active permissions define the accounts that have permission to spend funds for this account." What does spending entail ?  transfers, trading ?
Anything.
Any operation made by this account, or say any changes to this account, need to be confirmed by who have the active permissions or owner permissions.

man this is a killer feature ! gets me really excited , hope it will be soon available on gui and easy to use of course !  Let me get this straight . Active permissions only approve what that account does with its funds ? But they dont initiate a transaction ? When I was playing around I the account which was added as an active permission was able to trade the other accounts funds but when I added one more active permission it didnt work.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:39:45 am by bitacer »

Offline bitacer

You need to use propose_transaction and approve_proposal to play with threshold permissions, which are not available on GUI right now. Try CLI.

abit ! you always have answers I need ! thanks a lot. so in gui adding authorities with weights wont be enough to use this feature right now, is that right ?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
I am trying to understand and implement some permissions. "Active permissions define the accounts that have permission to spend funds for this account." What does spending entail ?  transfers, trading ?
Anything.
Any operation made by this account, or say any changes to this account, need to be confirmed by who have the active permissions or owner permissions.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
You need to use propose_transaction and approve_proposal to play with threshold permissions, which are not available on GUI right now. Try CLI.

Offline bitacer

"Let’s assume, Alice, Bob, Charlie and Dennis have common funds. We want to be able to construct a valid transaction if only two of those agree."

common funds where ? in whose account ? in one of their own accounts or a separate account?

agree how,  what does that mean?  , whats the procedure of agreeing on a transaction ? how those separate authorities communicate about on what to agree?

how many here understand and successfully implements this, anybody ? I need help

Offline bitacer

There is an example on docs.bitshares.eu ,
 "All four participants have a weight of 33% but the threshold is set to 51%. Hence only two out of the four need to agree to validate the transaction."

How do they agree ?, I have been tying this with no luck.  Once I add authorities do I have to add the account itself as an authority with a certain weight ?  I keep getting this message " Missing active actıve authority x.x.xxx" which turn out to be the account itself. I tried adding it and not adding it , with different weights and all that . I cant seem to wrap my head around a simple operation.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:54:47 am by bitacer »

Offline bitacer

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:49:00 am by bitacer »