Author Topic: Adjusted prediction market  (Read 1936 times)

Offline morpheus

• View Profile
when is the next gui expected so we can take these bets?
Wednesday most likely.

Nice  +5%

Offline svk

Wednesday most likely.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

When bill butler gets done moving into his apartment... which apparently has taken about a month.

Don't worry though, bitshares paid him the entire time.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I don't really care if others join in.  I am just running a test, but since I'm changing the price I'm gonna settle on I wanted to be open about it so no one would feel cheated if they did end up joining in.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
We need to wait for next GUI release. The current version doesn't allow me to borrow the asset.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I created a prediction market to test creation, and settling.  It is asset BTCPREDICT.  I originally set it as an over under on the price of bitcoin at $450.  Bitcoin then decided to drop $90 and rebound $30.  As no bets have been matched, I have changed the over under price to $380.  I will almost certainly just end up selling some to myself before I settle the asset, but I wanted to be clear about the changes to the asset in case anyone does decide to buy in.

Interesting test. Obviously betting on the outcome of BTC is one of the easiest things to do if you hold BTC/altcoins.

If your goal was to attract more involvement you may have more success with an external event or an altcoin related event that it is not currently possible/easy to take a position on via altcoins.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I created a prediction market to test creation, and settling.  It is asset BTCPREDICT.  I originally set it as an over under on the price of bitcoin at $450.  Bitcoin then decided to drop $90 and rebound $30.  As no bets have been matched, I have changed the over under price to $380.  I will almost certainly just end up selling some to myself before I settle the asset, but I wanted to be clear about the changes to the asset in case anyone does decide to buy in.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads