Author Topic: When will the first business make BTS it's backbone?  (Read 5473 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Look at http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/ While I'm sure many of those businesses only use the parent platform in a very limited manner you can see that's not where the value lies.

3 of the top 4 businesses are based on the Mastercoin but MSC has a CAP of just $1.2 Million.
4 of the top 10 are on Counterparty but XCP has a CAP of just $1.8 Million.

The only game in town is Smartcoins and PM's.
(As outright gambling is off the table)

On the PM side, Augur raised more than $5 million, more than XCP+MSC combined, while the price might be inflated, an Augur IOU values them at $23 million, more than NXT+XCP+MSC+BTS before a bet has even been placed.

A Political PM started in 2014 attracted over 17000 users in less the 8 months...
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2015/05/28/740115/10136448/en/PredictIt-Market-Rapidly-Growing-Over-2-Million-Shares-Traded.html

1. Try a lot of PM's, even attracting a fraction of Augur's interest and value will be better than 2 years spent attracting businesses to use the platform that don't add value.

On the Smartcoin side, Nubits distributed $400 000 in dividends on the back of their pegged asset model in 2015. In 2016 I believe they hope to roll out multiple assets and an exchange.

Uphold formerly BitReserve is supposedly the fastest growing money platform in the world on the back of their centralized BitAssets backed by funds in a centralized bank. https://uphold.com/

A decentralized Smartcoin on a great platform would be even better.

2. Try a lot of BitUSD implementations, focusing on liquidity and a tight peg, even if there is greater medium term risk. Fast evolution process should hit on a good implementation which can then be rolled out similar to the manner NuBits went about things.

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Look at http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/ While I'm sure many of those businesses only use the parent platform in a very limited manner you can see that's not where the value lies.

3 of the top 4 businesses are based on the Mastercoin but MSC has a CAP of just $1.2 Million.
4 of the top 10 are on Counterparty but XCP has a CAP of just $1.8 Million.

The only game in town is Smartcoins and PM's.
(As outright gambling is off the table)

On the PM side, Augur raised more than $5 million, more than XCP+MSC combined, while the price might be inflated, an Augur IOU values them at $23 million, more than NXT+XCP+MSC+BTS before a bet has even been placed.

A Political PM started in 2014 attracted over 17000 users in less the 8 months...
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2015/05/28/740115/10136448/en/PredictIt-Market-Rapidly-Growing-Over-2-Million-Shares-Traded.html

1. Try a lot of PM's, even attracting a fraction of Augur's interest and value will be better than 2 years spent attracting businesses to use the platform that don't add value.

On the Smartcoin side, Nubits distributed $400 000 in dividends on the back of their pegged asset model in 2015. In 2016 I believe they hope to roll out multiple assets and an exchange.

Uphold formerly BitReserve is supposedly the fastest growing money platform in the world on the back of their centralized BitAssets backed by funds in a centralized bank. https://uphold.com/

A decentralized Smartcoin on a great platform would be even better.

2. Try a lot of BitUSD implementations, focusing on liquidity and a tight peg, even if there is greater medium term risk. Fast evolution process should hit on a good implementation which can then be rolled out similar to the manner NuBits went about things.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:46:39 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
we need to prepare tools for business users to integrate the Bitshares and their own webs.
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The cool thing about PMs in BTS is that they "just popped out of the existing protocol" ... Imagine what else there could be yet to be found ..

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
We are inching closer to the launch of gamebet.gg and we have very strong incentives to integrate Bitshares into it.
The PM has been something I've been looking into for a while , but maknig it appealing to gamers in general is another ball game together.
We emphasize a lot on developers but  in all honesty, from my observation..

1. A lot of key projects are centered around a few companies (Data, CCEDK, CNX.. and there's us somewhere in the corner)
2. There is very little incentive (other than the product) for new organizations to enter this space. We need to make it more welcoming.
3. Documentation will help but grabbing developer attention is another ball game. Why don't we host a 10,000 USD hackathon ? I'd donate a little for that.
4. We need a team of devoted business developers working with media and vc's to show why Bitshares is a useful  / viable entity.
5. As CNX moves away from Bitshares, we need to make more avenues for new leaders to lead the way. These leaders should have opposing views so that the community can make the best of choices.

To put what am saying in perspective..
Compare

1. No. of daily tx's of nxt/btc with Bts
2. Amount of VC investments into BTC vs BTS on year 3
3. Amount of discussions about BTC vs BTS

We are nowhere in the limelight. How the fuck do we expect people to know about us when all we do is sit here and discuss worker proposals ?
If there is utility, it needs to be marketed. The sharebot was one step in that direction. What @kenCode and @ronny are  doing is another.
In my personal opinion, businesses shouldn't depend on worker proposals to build services of utlity but create viable business models that generate a ROI over a period of time. The worker proposal system reminds me of the soviet union and you know where they ended up at.

Thanks for sharing your opinions and I fully agree with you. If there's anything that hamper your business, please let the committee knows and discuss about it.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Prediction markets seem to be the best thing BTS has going for it...

Come to think of it a few good PM's would be...

-How many companies actually make it to MVP with bts by end of Q2 2016?
-How much in worker proposals BTS will spend by end of Q2 2016?
-Market cap of BTS by end of Q2 2016?

- Next big exchange being hacked and btc stolen
- Next big exchange shutting down due to hack, scam, etc (like gox or cryptsy)

We are inching closer to the launch of gamebet.gg and we have very strong incentives to integrate Bitshares into it.
The PM has been something I've been looking into for a while , but maknig it appealing to gamers in general is another ball game together.
We emphasize a lot on developers but  in all honesty, from my observation..

1. A lot of key projects are centered around a few companies (Data, CCEDK, CNX.. and there's us somewhere in the corner)
2. There is very little incentive (other than the product) for new organizations to enter this space. We need to make it more welcoming.
3. Documentation will help but grabbing developer attention is another ball game. Why don't we host a 10,000 USD hackathon ? I'd donate a little for that.
4. We need a team of devoted business developers working with media and vc's to show why Bitshares is a useful  / viable entity.
5. As CNX moves away from Bitshares, we need to make more avenues for new leaders to lead the way. These leaders should have opposing views so that the community can make the best of choices.

To put what am saying in perspective..
Compare

1. No. of daily tx's of nxt/btc with Bts
2. Amount of VC investments into BTC vs BTS on year 3
3. Amount of discussions about BTC vs BTS

We are nowhere in the limelight. How the fuck do we expect people to know about us when all we do is sit here and discuss worker proposals ?
If there is utility, it needs to be marketed. The sharebot was one step in that direction. What @kenCode and @ronny are  doing is another.
In my personal opinion, businesses shouldn't depend on worker proposals to build services of utlity but create viable business models that generate a ROI over a period of time. The worker proposal system reminds me of the soviet union and you know where they ended up at. 

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:43:48 am by Xypher »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

- Next big exchange being hacked and btc stolen
- Next big exchange shutting down due to hack, scam, etc (like gox or cryptsy)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

The best thing we can do is be nice to people who come here with trial balloons.

There is our business development strategy, the Five Year Plan. And while we wait for the world to come to us, it changes around us. Or maybe we are waiting for it to change around us, hoping it will then come to us? And can we sustain our project in the meantime?

This is a perfect time to let everyone know that the Sharebot enables us to reach out in creative (and cheap) ways to give people in various relevant areas the ability to get our tokens in their hands.  Let people pass tokens around in an ecosystem where tx speeds are 3 seconds and then let them make a decision really quickly as to which blockchain they should be using. 

In addition, add to that @kenCode and @Chris4210 OPENPOS system and mobile wallet and you have some really good tools to use to reach out.  Then we have @monsterer @Shentist with metaexchange.  We also have @hybridd, @kuro112, @Xypher and a number of other amazing project creators and workers. 

We have the tools already.  The question I have is whether the community will come together to support the various projects that enable us to reach outside our little island.  It is far easier to sit here typing on forums...but it wont get us anywhere but an infinite "?" loop. 

Take BM's age old advice that got me moving----just ACT!

If you would like to act to get our little chain noticed, perhaps this is a good place to start:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21029.0.html
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

The best thing we can do is be nice to people who come here with trial balloons.

There is our business development strategy, the Five Year Plan. And while we wait for the world to come to us, it changes around us. Or maybe we are waiting for it to change around us, hoping it will then come to us? And can we sustain our project in the meantime?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Good questions & good answers in this thread.

If someone is working on an exciting project, what is the incentive to share their plans publicly & early?

For one million dollars I tell you our plans...   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline roadscape

Good questions & good answers in this thread.

If someone is working on an exciting project, what is the incentive to share their plans publicly & early?
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline karnal

• View Profile
A developer is a developer.. they need a lead or a business partner with the vision and business know how to get other things done to make something viable.

I lol'd.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

The product is not the tech.  The product is the network. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

And what would be the levers of control to be used by those you hired?  You're not making sense.
Just brainstorming. I'm not satisfied with the current pace of progress.

The current elected committee would retain all power and would "hire" a business development team, including a CEO if that were agreed upon as a useful addition. I would see the elected committee functioning like a Board of Directors, every day-to-day contractor reporting to them. They already have been voting on proposals from the development side.

Keep that. But recognize that aside from Stan and a few people who help out, there is really no one working on making this a sustainable business. I think we've seriously neglected the business aspect. So create a pool of money, donated if that's the only way to raise it (or create another UIA -- same thing), from which we could offer heavily incentive-laden deals to some contractors who can help us add businesses and/or increase market cap. At present market cap (if I am not mistaken), even the development is not sustainable. We need to grow this thing if we want it to work.

Again, all would be under control of the current elected committee. And nothing would occur without voting approval.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.