Author Topic: why bts lack users????????  (Read 11243 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

We never stop working and spending our own resources to grow the ecosystem.

You may disagree on what we work on first, but it would be incorrect to say we are not working if someone is not "stuffing our pockets".    Our pockets are actually quite fat-free right now.  :)

Our key objective was to get the platform out there in the open so other people could build on it in parallel without waiting for us as the bottleneck. 

Judging from the number of independent projects you can see being discussed, that seems to be working.

I spend most of my time supporting independent third parties with great ideas.  Some of them have since become well known here and others are still working on building teams and getting funding.

I expect to have more to say about this in a month or so - but Cryptonomex is increasingly just one of many ways to get things done.

As for change, what has changed since the big 2.0 upgrade which incorporated a year's worth of lesson's learned?

Market cap doesn't reflect underlying value because it takes research to see how much is going on here and many would rather just analyze short term chart wiggles.  Crypto capital is not stable.  It can move from trend to trend since it is not locked up like it is with normal startup investments.  Allocation of capital is not driven by fundamentals and speculators often sell following great news.  To take our price out of the hands of short term speculators we need to create other, more stable sources of demand.

And that means helping real businesses bring real services to real customers.  And each business will explain their own value proposition to their own customers in their own way.  Marketing BitShares is not "one size fits all".

So that's where we are focused -- building on top of BitShares and encouraging other's to do the same.

Well stated  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

You may disagree on what we work on first, but it would be incorrect to say we are not working if someone is not "stuffing our pockets".    Our pockets are actually quite fat-free right now.  :)

Our key objective was to get the platform out there in the open so other people could build on it in parallel without waiting for us as the bottleneck. 

Judging from the number of independent projects you can see being discussed, that seems to be working.

I spend most of my time supporting independent third parties with great ideas.  Some of them have since become well known here and others are still working on building teams and getting funding.

I expect to have more to say about this in a month or so - but Cryptonomex is increasingly just one of many ways to get things done.

As for change, what has changed since the big 2.0 upgrade which incorporated a year's worth of lesson's learned?

Market cap doesn't reflect underlying value because it takes research to see how much is going on here and many would rather just analyze short term chart wiggles.  Crypto capital is not stable.  It can move from trend to trend since it is not locked up like it is with normal startup investments.  Allocation of capital is not driven by fundamentals and speculators often sell following great news.  To take our price out of the hands of short term speculators we need to create other, more stable sources of demand.

And that means helping real businesses bring real services to real customers.  And each business will explain their own value proposition to their own customers in their own way.  Marketing BitShares is not "one size fits all".

So that's where we are focused -- building on top of BitShares and encouraging other's to do the same.

When is the last time you use a BitShares related service  :P ?

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
we are focused -- building on top of BitShares and encouraging other's to do the same.

BAMM! +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline deer

• View Profile
"Cryptonomex" is  trying to "save" BitShares by tech,But also destroying the whole by endless inflation、merge、waste of funding、uncertain rules、terrible pr、disrespect to investor at the same time.

Dev Code for this project and get money,easily change the rule if can't get enough!!

What do we got after as investor since 2013? losing 80% of the money?That 's what we suppose to have?

Look at the cap、the amount of users. Who should blame for this??? the bankrupt investor???

Offline valzav

• View Profile
If a lay person lands on the BitShares home page they are greeted with this:
"BitShares is an industrial-grade financial blockchain smart contracts platform" - Bounce rate high much?

@bizzyb :: BAMM +5%

I don't think we need to add additional websites, but we should make the techie stuff a bit more of a drill-down from the homepage so for those who really feel the need to learn that stuff, then make them dig a bit more than the average user. The Bitshares.org main page should be friendly enough for my grandma to "get it".

Just do one of those reactjs slider thingies:
BitShares let's you bank without a Bank.
BitShares secures your wealth without the middlemen.
BitShares let's you invest without the Broker.
BitShares facilitates contracts without a Lawyer.
BitShares isn't a company you must trust, it's a Blockchain.
BitShares is your borderless, digital payments platform.

I don't know, but there's a few ideas.

@kenCode, something like this has already been on bitshares.org (year or so ago, Brian Page's time) and this didn't work, it's like saying BitShares is everything for everyone, it may sound cool but it doesn't convert visitors to users.
We still don't have any consensus around what BitShares is - part of the community see it as DEX, another part want to see at as platform, some want to see it as a bank with stable currencies, etc.

I think BitShares is missing its product-market fit. In order to achieve it, we need to start with a problem we want to solve and specify users' segment  looking for the solution to this specific problem - this is what called "customer development" in Lean Startup. After problem and segment is confirmed it would be much easier to figure out how to market it and how to change UI so it really helps users to solve their problems.

absolutely agree. and while we're still in identity crisis, competitors are popping up. supernet has a beta DEX (and stablecoin in the making), Ethereum's EtherEx is in alpha (soon beta) and with digix there will be a backed gold token + rune's Dai soonish, even Nubits are working on their B&C exchange. and all of them are able to use stablecoins.

We can still be ahead of our competitors - they can stumble upon the same issues, so we have a chance to resolve product-market fit issue first.
Do you think there are blockchain projects achieved product-market fit already and show a good traction? Please post some examples here.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
bitshares change tooooooooooooooooooooo much.

its the democratic comunity that his leader come and say we going to change everything cuz is better and we have approval of stakeholders,,,,,, without voting

the coders make his own cryptonomex bussiness at side of bitshares

no moar funders or reputation for comunity members, also heard weird histories of devs working here talking shit about Stan ect..

its a total private platform and you see identabit, if tomorrow comes Citybank to buy a clone of bitshares, bitshares holder dont win nothing. (a sharedrop if company want to do it.) Criptonomex eat all.

i think good question is why normal people should use bitshares or what profit they has  ,,, i not find responses, remember bitsharesX i have reasons with bitshares 2.0 NO

what i learn here from greedy devs-delegates i just not move one finger again if my pocket isnt filled with BTS.

my work isnt have less value than a coder, so promote Bitshares your self when finish coding.

you want comunnity invest , comunitty spread the word for about 3 years make few big structural changes , FOR NOTHIG just to FILL your pockets. common and now you surprised we finish alone communitty gone. What can had fail we do same shit like steve jobs breaking status quo with devs & comunitty ----- WHY nobody uses BTS2.0 ?????? if is tha best (to fill your pockets)

almost BTS 2 is finished but all the rest of DACs still are on the way....  lot of promises .... no results ... people gone.

That's funny how it's seen in a completely different light from developers side - while we are working hard being significantly underpaid for more than a year now, a lot of community members and original investors sell their stake just in order to speculate on some brand new fancy cryptocoin.
Every basis point lost in BitShares market cap is a missed opportunity to implement some new feature or attract more users/developers.
Saying Cryptonomex is greedy while it's trying to save BitShares releasing Graphene under free license and not going after any IP, just to make it more attractive for developers at the price of making Cryptonomex completely running out of anything that can be sold to investors, to banks or anybody else. I would say that Cryptonomex has sacrificed its own future trying to save BitShares, so it's weird to hear how greedy we are.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:31:03 pm by valzav »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
"BitShares is an industrial-grade financial blockchain smart contracts platform" - Bounce rate high much?

I don't think we need to add additional websites, but we should make the techie stuff a bit more of a drill-down from the homepage so for those who really feel the need to learn that stuff, then make them dig a bit more than the average user. The Bitshares.org main page should be friendly enough for my grandma to "get it".

@kenCode, something like this has already been on bitshares.org (year or so ago, Brian Page's time) and this didn't work, it's like saying BitShares is everything for everyone, it may sound cool but it doesn't convert visitors to users.
We still don't have any consensus around what BitShares is - part of the community see it as DEX, another part want to see at as platform, some want to see it as a bank with stable currencies, etc.

I think BitShares is missing its product-market fit. In order to achieve it, we need to start with a problem we want to solve and specify users' segment  looking for the solution to this specific problem - this is what called "customer development" in Lean Startup. After problem and segment is confirmed it would be much easier to figure out how to market it and how to change UI so it really helps users to solve their problems.

absolutely agree. and while we're still in identity crisis, competitors are popping up. supernet has a beta DEX (and stablecoin in the making), Ethereum's EtherEx is in alpha (soon beta) and with digix there will be a backed gold token + rune's Dai soonish, even Nubits are working on their B&C exchange. and all of them are able to use stablecoins.

Offline valzav

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
bitshares change tooooooooooooooooooooo much.

its the democratic comunity that his leader come and say we going to change everything cuz is better and we have approval of stakeholders,,,,,, without voting

the coders make his own cryptonomex bussiness at side of bitshares

no moar funders or reputation for comunity members, also heard weird histories of devs working here talking shit about Stan ect..

its a total private platform and you see identabit, if tomorrow comes Citybank to buy a clone of bitshares, bitshares holder dont win nothing. (a sharedrop if company want to do it.) Criptonomex eat all.

i think good question is why normal people should use bitshares or what profit they has  ,,, i not find responses, remember bitsharesX i have reasons with bitshares 2.0 NO

what i learn here from greedy devs-delegates i just not move one finger again if my pocket isnt filled with BTS.

my work isnt have less value than a coder, so promote Bitshares your self when finish coding.

you want comunnity invest , comunitty spread the word for about 3 years make few big structural changes , FOR NOTHIG just to FILL your pockets. common and now you surprised we finish alone communitty gone. What can had fail we do same shit like steve jobs breaking status quo with devs & comunitty ----- WHY nobody uses BTS2.0 ?????? if is tha best (to fill your pockets)

almost BTS 2 is finished but all the rest of DACs still are on the way....  lot of promises .... no results ... people gone.

New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline bizzyb

why??????
Because it's really confusing.

As an outsider looking in I have no idea what's going on.
Yes, the technology is cutting edge, but I have no idea what benefits it has to me.

The message is being lost.

Suggestion.
Bitshares needs two outward facing websites.
Bitshares.org - designed for the lay person/businesses so they can get involved, buy, mine, download app, create wallet
Bitsharespro.org - designed for the tech minded, devs, all the high level techy facts & figures etc

BitShares can't be everything to everyone all on a single webpage.
What would be amazing is if there was some kind of "wizard" tool to help people create all these weird things you can with Bitshares.  There are like dozens of acronyms for things I think?
But anyway > step 1 - do you want to create an asset (like an interesting paying bond) or do you want to create a new loan, ,step 2 - what is your project called step 3 - the charge for this is 500 BTS, please send to this address or buy BTS from here, step 4 - your project is now live -
or whatever, but hopefully you see the benefit of simplicity?

Offline Tuck Fheman

why??????

Because people want blockchain technology forced onto them by their government overlords, not handed to them by society.

Choices are really hard for most, especially correct choices.

For most, it's easier to accept a mandated bad choice and go with the herd to avoid being different than to do some research on their own and make their own decision.

It's even harder for most to act once that step is complete.

You special snowflakes here and in other crypto-communities are a rare breed ... "The Exceptions" (not coming soon to a theater near you), and the herd is getting thinner every day.

Once "Bankcoin's" (or whatever name they are given) are forced onto the masses, and they will be, I assume we will all become financial "terrorist", by law (it's not a stretch).

So, why does BTS lack users?

For the same reason Bitcoin (and all the other non-government issued crypto's) lacks users (see above).

https://youtu.be/I_8rt1PSck8

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:31:20 am by Tuck Fheman »
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Well considering we are only paying around $250 a day for developement from SVK, Xeroc, Bill Butler(MIA) and cass.  This is a pretty good deal.  The documentation is getting better and so is the interface.  The problem is when CNX comes in and runs a huge worker proposal.  It dilutes like crazy and it passes with hardly any friction at all... It just furthers the thought that bts is centralized.

I'm a big fan of what Abit has done with the percentage based fees.  It's great to see outside devs doing things for the project.

Overall the ecosystem is growing.  Productive UIA's are coming out and some third parties (OPENPOS and odoo) are starting to implement bts and smart coins.  I look forward to seeing what freebie is doing and the addition of fiat on ramps from CCEDK.  CNX seems to have stepped back from bts and has focused on stealth and maybe some other things.  Their github has been quite and I think this is a good thing.

Investors hate uncertainty and bts is about as uncertain as you can get.

+5% +5% +5%
Spot on. We don't need more Worker proposals or the current fees structure. Change those and we can start seeing some cap.

There's tons of hungry investors out there now, the whiners here just need to go and connect with them (meetups!).
http://bitshares.meetup.com
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey fuzzy, here are the results of your tips...
  • neo1344: Insufficient funds for asset 1.3.816
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.io and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd