Author Topic: Claiming my BTS from PTS Snapshot  (Read 5637 times)

Offline aftw

• View Profile
Thank you everyone for helping me sort all of this out. I appreciate it.

It is nice to have one wallet now instead of four, with each holding different tokens.

Offline testz

I'm talking about the November 5, 2014 snapshot. I guess that is termed the merger. Those with PTS, Vote, DNS were to receive BTSX in their place. In turn, that all becomes Bitshares 2. <<<===True

Are you talking about the snapshot in February of 2014 where PTS holders got BTSX? <<<===Yes, you missed that Or did I miss something related to Bitshares?

Does anyone know the exchange rate from PTS (including Vote and DNS sharedrops) to BTSX?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,10398.msg136832.html#msg136832
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,10279.html

chryspano

I'm talking about the November 5, 2014 snapshot. I guess that is termed the merger. Those with PTS, Vote, DNS were to receive BTSX in their place. In turn, that all becomes Bitshares 2. <<<===True

Are you talking about the snapshot in February of 2014 where PTS holders got BTSX? <<<===Yes, you missed that Or did I miss something related to Bitshares?

Does anyone know the exchange rate from PTS (including Vote and DNS sharedrops) to BTSX?

Offline aftw

• View Profile
Does around 150-180 sound in the ballpark?

Offline aftw

• View Profile
I'm talking about the November 5, 2014 snapshot. I guess that is termed the merger. Those with PTS, Vote, DNS were to receive BTSX in their place. In turn, that all becomes Bitshares 2.

Are you talking about the snapshot in February of 2014 where PTS holders got BTSX? Or did I miss something related to Bitshares?

chryspano

It seems you missed the BTS snapshot and any BTS you got are from the merger, I don't know the exact numbers but it should be relative low.

Offline aftw

• View Profile
I just checked my transaction history. I made one purchase of PTS on 8/20/14 and sold them all after the snapshot on 11/6/14.

What would the exchange rate roughly be given that?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:35:51 pm by aftw »

Offline aftw

• View Profile
I bought PTS once. It was after the initial btsx sharedrop/dac but before vote, play, music, dns. I held it until the snapshot to determine the bts swap (can't recall that date). Then I sold all of it.

chryspano

I forgot to mention that it also depends on what date exactly you bought your PTS, you get a lower sharedrop if you bought/mined PTS after the February snapshot,  my numbers are the max posible bts you can have and are not 100% accurate.

Of note, in my account under vesting balances, nothing is listed, whereas in the wallet management console, under lookup balances, I can see the balance.
I believe that those are two different functions of the wallet and you are ok  as far as it concerns your vesting balances from merger.

Offline aftw

• View Profile
Also, I did not have PTS when BTS was first distributed if for some reason that was considered in the exchange rate of around 600.

Offline aftw

• View Profile
Thank you. I do appreciate it.

It seems as though I was successful at getting my PTS wallet into the new Bitshares 2 wallet. However, at around 600 BTS per share of PTS (including DACs) my balance is way off. My current Bitshares balance is above the number of BitsharesX I owned but not near the amount I should have with my PTS shares exchanged for BTS. I also have a vesting balance which is a bit below the 10% mentioned. Of note, in my account under vesting balances, nothing is listed, whereas in the wallet management console, under lookup balances, I can see the balance.

When all of the changes were going on here I stepped away from things and haven't followed what has been happening for quite a while. What can I do to sort all of this out?

chryspano

Okay. Thank you.

Roughly how many BTS should one receive per PTS (assuming inclusion in the Vote, DNS, and Music snapshots)?

I think it is 600+ something plus a 10% from the merger in vesting balances, the music and play dacs are seperate chains and you need to import your pts wallets again in those.

Offline aftw

• View Profile
Okay. Thank you.

Roughly how many BTS should one receive per PTS (assuming inclusion in the Vote, DNS, and Music snapshots)?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
So I should uninstall my old .9.3 wallet, reinstall .9.3 and set it up as a new wallet rather than my existing wallet? Will I be able to import the PTS wallet.dat even though I already imported it into my old .9.3 wallet?

Make sure you have a backup of your 0.9.3 wallets directory before uninstalling anything.

You should be able to import the PTS wallet, but any balances that have already been claimed will not appear in the new import. That shouldn't matter much, though - the important part is that the *keys* from the PTS wallet will be imported.

As long as you keep backups of all your wallets you cannot cause permanent damage by importing keys into the old wallet.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline aftw

• View Profile
So I should uninstall my old .9.3 wallet, reinstall .9.3 and set it up as a new wallet rather than my existing wallet? Will I be able to import the PTS wallet.dat even though I already imported it into my old .9.3 wallet?

Thank you.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Try importing the PTS wallet into a new BTS-0.9.3c wallet, then import the new 0.9.3c wallet into BTS-2.0.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline aftw

• View Profile
My BTSX wallet did not contain my PTS wallet keys. At the time, I didn't realize that was something I needed to do before upgrading to Bitshares 2.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 01:47:21 pm by aftw »

Offline svk

If your BTSX wallet contained the keys from your PTS wallet then that would mean you already imported your PTS keys when you imported the BTSX wallet. Are you missing funds from what you believe you should've had?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline aftw

• View Profile
My Bitshares-PTS wallet contained PTS when the snapshot to transfer PTS to BTS occurred. I have finally set up my Bitshares 2.0 wallet and successfully pulled in my old btsx wallet. However, I can't figure out how to get my old PTS wallet info in to be exchanged for BTS. I went back and imported the PTS wallet.dat into my old Bitshares .9.3 wallet and then tried to reimport that into Bitshares 2 but was unsuccessful. The error was that it had already been imported.