Author Topic: Marketing cap of bts descend to twelfth.  (Read 3999 times)

Offline testz

We're up to #7 now. Shit changes fast in crypto-land. Would be nice if we can sustain here, hah.

Who cares, we should go as we go and all will be fine  :)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Lol BTS and all other alts goin crazy right now.

8)

We're up to #7 now. Shit changes fast in crypto-land. Would be nice if we can sustain here, hah.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:24:02 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
"Marketing cap" :P

When Monero passes it you can say its down to 13th.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Exactly, meetups are the best way to network, meet business people, try out the mobile wallet, talk about the benefits of the upcoming POS, dex features, etc.

It's cheap and easy to start one..
http://bitshares.meetup.com
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
Market cap of crypto token is one meaningless number.

Not when you depend on it to develop, grow and succeed. Once again people seem to forget who pays for development. If someone needs $50k to develop something at these prices, it will cost the chain 3x more BTS than if the price was at one cent. At the ath of 5cents or with a marketcap similar to what ethereum currently has, we would pay x16 times less!

It matters, whether you want it to or not. We got extremely lucky to have onceuponatime to pay 50k of his own pocket to develop a feature. What would you think it would happen if it was the chain who paid for it?

What do you think it will happen if we keep getting more and more worker proposals? What if we have a total of $100k, $200k? On one side is good we will have development. On the other side, it's not so good because we're walking that thin line at the moment. Too many worker proposals will get BTS diluted which was what caused this whole spiral all the way down.

The fact the chain can pay for development, which really is all of us, doesn't mean we have an infinite amount of money to fund whatever we want. Price matters in BTS because it's directly involved with it's own development.

You dont get worker proposals, you don't get development
You get too many or fail to manage them and it will go down since people hate the idea of dilution and already had a bad experience with it.

BitShares has to walk that thin line until we get to higher levels and we have more money for development. The good news is, if we succeed and go to way higher levels sometime in the future, then we will be able to have even more development made.

Just don't say marketcap is a meaningless number, not for BTS. It depends on it to survive. Unless you can assure me you can find more people like onceuponatime, willing to put money from their own pocket, which was something very very critical at this phase we're in. It was a one in a million luck shot we had. At least that's how I see it. At this moment - even though I don't agree it's the feature that should be developed - it was one of the best things that could have happened to BitShares.

Even with FBAs I doubt shareholders have much more money to throw at it, after all they've been through.

this community is not patient anymore, because of all the delays we faced and the falling value of BTS.

But, i feel much more confident right now, then before 2.0

- the wallet is now open source an anybody can make something out of it.
- the road and the tools we have now are much better then before

The only problem we face are - it will take time to get anything out of it.

We should go out more and talk to other people and get envolved in their ideas, maybe we can find commen ground to work together in the future.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Not when you depend on it to develop, grow and succeed. Once again people seem to forget who pays for development. If someone needs $50k to develop something at these prices, it will cost the chain 3x more BTS than if the price was at one cent. At the ath of 5cents or with a marketcap similar to what ethereum currently has, we would pay x16 times less!

You are talking about price here, which indeed matters. The cap is just how much your tokens cost all together at current price. This does not give much of meaningful info, since you don't really know how these tokens are used, how many are used in circulation, how many are locked by hoarders in there accounts etc.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:34:27 pm by yvv »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

It matters, whether you want it to or not. We got extremely lucky to have onceuponatime to pay 50k of his own pocket to develop a feature. What would you think it would happen if it was the chain who paid for it?

What do you think it will happen if we keep getting more and more worker proposals? What if we have a total of $100k, $200k? On one side is good we will have development. On the other side, it's not so good because we're walking that thin line at the moment. Too many worker proposals will get BTS diluted which was what caused this whole spiral all the way down.

The fact the chain can pay for development, which really is all of us, doesn't mean we have an infinite amount of money to fund whatever we want. Price matters in BTS because it's directly involved with it's own development.

You dont get worker proposals, you don't get development
You get too many or fail to manage them and it will go down since people hate the idea of dilution and already had a bad experience with it.

BitShares has to walk that thin line until we get to higher levels and we have more money for development. The good news is, if we succeed and go to way higher levels sometime in the future, then we will be able to have even more development made.

Just don't say marketcap is a meaningless number, not for BTS. It depends on it to survive. Unless you can assure me you can find more people like onceuponatime, willing to put money from their own pocket, which was something very very critical at this phase we're in. It was a one in a million luck shot we had. At least that's how I see it. At this moment - even though I don't agree it's the feature that should be developed - it was one of the best things that could have happened to BitShares.

Even with FBAs I doubt shareholders have much more money to throw at it, after all they've been through.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+5% Agreed.

If it's on the rise, the only positive thing it does, is finance development and facilitate liquidity.
As long as we can continue with steady development and internally incentivize liquidity, despite the low market cap, we are fine.

All those current market cap numbers (including BTC) are the manifestation of speculators' perception.
The real test will be people buying the token to actually use it.

Well stated..  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
The code (both the back-end and the UI) is a piece of art.
We are a Steve Wozniak.

Now we need to be patient till a Steve Jobs comes along and makes use of it.

Oh Brian Page

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

+5% Agreed.

If it's on the rise, the only positive thing it does, is finance development and facilitate liquidity.
As long as we can continue with steady development and internally incentivize liquidity, despite the low market cap, we are fine.

All those current market cap numbers (including BTC) are the manifestation of speculators' perception.
This

And +5% to the OP for putting hands on the code!!

jakub

+5% Agreed.

Offline yvv

• View Profile

jakub

The code (both the back-end and the UI) is a piece of art.
We are a Steve Wozniak.

Now we need to be patient till a Steve Jobs comes along and makes use of it.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
... I just read the code

You just "read the code"? Please, enlighten us.

He meant he is disappointed in BitShares , but not in the code , and he is reading the code to study it .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
... I just read the code

You just "read the code"? Please, enlighten us.
yes
one side read code and on side write the code I had idea for making me skilled, and now I am working on feature of dividend for asset ,  and passed boost unit testing .
I have many many thinking about block-chain, and long to realize many features
dividend ,games,margin trades , dynamic protocol ,cross chain, lightning network .  not just idea , I basically think algorithm and logic about these clearly

If you want a job, Bitshares would love your help. Just send your github link and cover letter to Cryptonomex, and they might want to interview you. Good luck and keep your great ideas coming! :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat