Author Topic: Pitch Decks Wanted  (Read 1364 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Peermit will probably also tackle thr identity (hierarchical permissions) management in future

Offline roadscape

I'll bet there are a least a dozen good project ideas getting kicked around here on this forum.  So, if you've got a pet project you think needs to be moved to the top of the queue, you have three choices, in decreasing likelihood of success:

1.  Put a team together and develop it yourselves.
2.  Put together a compelling pitch deck that I can add to their portfolio of projects worthy of funding.
3.  Continue to talk about it on this forum hoping to motivate someone capable of making one the first two choices.

Well put.

I guess a first step might be to catalogue all the potentially investible project ideas?

A few off the top of my head..

- tipping:  social micropayments - engage with fans/users across many social media platforms (sharebits.io)
 - mas: mutual aid societies - members who care for each other  & give to charity
 - multisig: the future of security. build your own digital ft. knox (peermit.com)
 - identity: & key management. a secure wallet for (1) your keys, (2) your identity, and (3) your funds.
 - prediction markets
 - reward programs
 - pos systems
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I still think BTS needs a compelling blockchain product and service to stand out, which I personally don't think it has yet, but you're right, BTS does have a lot of capabilities, perhaps converting some of the general features described on the homepage https://bitshares.org/ into examples of actual business use cases, similar to what Emercoin did, could help BTS communicate its product and service potential in a more compelling and understandable way.

I've been talking to a couple of senior freelancers who are considering spending the next two years at their own expense doing business development for blockchain applications and BitShares applications in particular.

So you may get your wish.

One of the things they could use is ready-to-go pitch decks for good investable projects.  If we come up with a compelling set to start out with, it might help convince them to take the plunge.

I'll bet there are a least a dozen good project ideas getting kicked around here on this forum.  So, if you've got a pet project you think needs to be moved to the top of the queue, you have three choices, in decreasing likelihood of success:

1.  Put a team together and develop it yourselves.
2.  Put together a compelling pitch deck that I can add to their portfolio of projects worthy of funding.
3.  Continue to talk about it on this forum hoping to motivate someone capable of making one the first two choices.

You don't have to put it in final form, this community has the world's best talent available to do that.  But almost anybody here who strongly advocates an idea should be able to come up with an outline for how to pitch it to an investor.  Google "pitch decks" for examples like the one below.  No need to remain a voice posting in the wilderness...

Carpe diem.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:14:42 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.