Author Topic: Pre-Mine concerns  (Read 26293 times)

Offline phrozenspite

• View Profile
You want to know how much MMC coin freetrade hold on block 1, it's easy :

- He is holding the memorycoin 1.0 he mined (converted to MMC on block one) as everybody else !
This is usually private information and we generally didn't expect people to disclose it even coin dev.

- He is holding the memorycoin 1.0 he won from grant (converted to MMC on block one) as everybody who won grant !
This is public information, and you can find it in the blockchain from memorycoin 1.0

- He is holding the memorycoin 1.0 he won from MemoryCoinFondation grant (converted to MMC on block one) !
This is public information, and he should use it to fund some bounty for MMC, since he was just the manager of MemoryCoinFondation.

- He is holding Protoshare he mined  (converted 10% to MMC on block one) as everybody else !
This is usually private information and we generally didn't expect people to disclose it even coin dev.

So you have your answers, make search for the ones that are public, or ask Freetrade if you are too lazy and he is willing to help someone that is spreading FUD.
But don't expect the private info to be released, even thou you could grasp some on the blockchain if you take some time instead of trolling.

Um, there's the problem, people have asked FreeTrade multiple times and he refuses to answer
supporting Newmine for a fair Memorycoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389386.0

Offline SlyWax

• View Profile
You want to know how much MMC coin freetrade hold on block 1, it's easy :

- He is holding the memorycoin 1.0 he mined (converted to MMC on block one) as everybody else !

- He is holding the memorycoin 1.0 he won from grant (converted to MMC on block one) as everybody who won grant !
This is public information, and you can find it in the blockchain from memorycoin 1.0

- He is holding the memorycoin 1.0 he won from MemoryCoinFondation grant (converted to MMC on block one) !
This is public information, and he should use it to fund some bounty for MMC, since he was just the manager of MemoryCoinFondation.

- He is holding Protoshare he mined  (converted 10% to MMC on block one) as everybody else !

So you have your answers, make search for the ones that are public, or ask Freetrade if you are too lazy and he is willing to help someone that is spreading FUD.
But don't expect the private info to be released, even thou you could grasp some on the blockchain if you take some time instead of trolling.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:26:31 pm by SlyWax »

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Opening again.
FreeTrade I have stood up for you this far, and I will still regardless of your response.

Do you think it would be better to just reveal your current holdings and justify why you have so many or do you think that would just feed the trolls?
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline seraphim

While everyone got an opinion on this topic, I think we won't get more information by expressing it all the time.
Deleted the last 3 posts (FT 2 : 1 AL if you're interested :P ) and closing.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
There are two questions, they're simple and highly relevant to the value proposition of people buying at current high prices and future higher prices if the MMC holding community has its way

The Questions to FreeTrade, CEO and Creator of Memorycoin 1 and Memorycoin 2:

How many MMC were given in the Genesis block to MMC addresses you control directly or indirectly?  We don't care about how much you have now.  Just how much you started with?

You have stated that if someone voted you out as CEO and did things you didn't like, you would quit as a developer. 

How much would you pay someone, in whatever currency, to do your Job?

I'll write the answers out and you fill in the blank.

1.  After block 1 and before block 2 of MMC I had     coins.

2.  If I had to hire someone to do my job, I would pay them           per year.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline cudido

• View Profile
(sorry for my english)

Stop trolling, is not good for the coin.

Use Google or go here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370806.0

look in the first post, at "Premine" look this: "~6.2% - MemoryCoin Beta
All balances from the original MemoryCoin as at block 8820 are transferred into the new blockchain at Block 1. MemoryCoin 2.0 has 10 million coins so there is a significant dilution. This dilution does not apply to MCF supporters. You can import your balance by using your old wallet with the new blockchain."

bye

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
This question will never and can never be answered to your satisfaction. 

No matter what any one person says about themselves, no matter what proof they give...there will always be someone who doesn't trust them and/or ways that person can still "trick" others...it's the nature of the beast we're dealing with in virtual currencies and a pseudonymous society...

And, does it really matter? What if any premine was already sold?  What if the buyer then transferred them, that address re-sold, etc, until they were actually distributed among individuals? Whatever - assume it's exactly what you wanted.  You have already indicated you do not trust and/or do not believe any answer you receive...you'll have to convince yourself instead of attacking another person whom you've already told yourself that you will never believe...

And, it takes time and effort to convince people...during which others would say that labor should be spent elsewhere, etc...

I think instead, we should focus on supporting development of tools that others in the community can use to answer similar questions that are certain to arise in the future.

All we know for certain is that FreeTrade has claimed ownership of his MVTEceo address...work backwards from that address and see what the blockchain says, etc...

Post a bounty to develop such tools.
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
It's unfortunate FreeTrade would rather let this unknown pre-mine hang over the head of his currency than demonstrate a little transparency.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline hdzw

• View Profile
I agree that FreeTrade should answer these sensitive questions honestly. As a CEO who wants MMC to be successful, he has the direct responsibility to clear all of the reasonable doubts .

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
Ze Germanz strike again. Miner turn-off! Somebody set us up the bomb!

Offline MegaFarmer

• View Profile
Send 1 satoshi to MVTEceo1111111111111111111111TvNrt to fire FreeTrade as CEO and advertise the position as available.

I must admit, it is a strange role to be CEO of a distributed autonomous corporation, and not one I'm entirely comfortable with. I'm wondering if I'm a liability in that position now. I'm more comfortable with a technical role, but stepped aside from that to bring more talented devs on board.

Anyway, I think we're doing great - we've got a great dev and support team, and lots of competition for the CMO position.

Whatever happens with the CEO role, I plan to continue working as a dev and where-ever else I can be useful so long as we're working to further the MemoryCoin Manifesto.

These are FreeTrades own words (in another thread).
He was voted out in blocks 5780 and 5800 but returned as CEO in block 5820 when MQmmL6MDuRZVkXd9t3Zy6hcfhPBrTKETjM voted for him.
I encourage everybody who agrees with Adam and the fact that FreeTrade is hiding something, to send 1 satoshi (0.00000001 MMC) to MVTEceo1111111111111111111111TvNrt and vote FreeTrade out as CEO and 'advertise the position as available' (his own words).

Offline samesong

• View Profile
I've only found myself interested in MemoryCoin for a few weeks now, but this lack of transparency is hugely concerning. I can respect FreeTrade's inclination to not want to feed trolls, but anyone new to this situation, reading only this thread, will immediately get the impression that he/she is trying to hide something, and/or doesn't have the best interest of the community in mind. The pending questions are valid, and no trollish behaviour is on display here.

A project unwilling to respond to valid concerns in an open and transparent way (regardless of whatever personal issues exist between parties) is extremely challenging to invest in.

If the "CEO" is unwilling to be transparent and answer these questions, he/she should, at the very least, re-iterate the values he/she DOES represent and stand up for. "It doesn't matter what I say" only works for someone who doesn't currently hold the most important position in the organization. It definitely matters what the CEO says, anytime he/she says anything. These threads are archives, "memories" if you will, for all to see and read.

Oh, and if this project wants to toss about these fancy corporate titles for things, we should probably avoid using ones like where this thread is headed: "PR disaster"

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
It doesn't matter what I say, this topic is never going to go away - I'm just not engaging with it anymore.

As for you NewMine, I think you're ideologically opposed to what we're trying to do here, and I don't trust you at all. You'll be back with another name in no time at all.

Thanks for the answer!
NewMine, you are not good for the currency, I know you do not realise this but none of the tools we have already would be here if not for the positions.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline nomullet

• View Profile
Insider holdings of stocks are made public.  While I am not suggesting that cryptocurrency is subject to these rules there is a reason they exist.
http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/insidertradingguide.htm
M9ycAeveS8hhQtok6xgLPMEpGsZxFkcgzT