Author Topic: BTS killer apps. [Available today] - The decentralised binary option market  (Read 6066 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
you can not reuse the symbols, after the issue settled the symbol.

hopefully this can be changed, i think this is really a needed markettyp and could be a unic feature for bitshares.

- would also be good to allow "numbers" as the names for symbols.

xeroc claimed in a post not more than 2 weeks old that he has found a way to reuse them. The possibility does not seem too unbelievable if all previous holders are paid out after settling the asset.
I thinks so but i havent tried and i may run into problems on the way. I'll try to test my idea asap.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

hopefully this can be changed, i think this is really a needed markettyp and could be a unic feature for bitshares.

Love it. loved the idea of the SPORTS.NFLAFC/NFC tokens and now the Hillary / Trump tokens coming soon. im loving this stuff. its starting to make my mouth foam in anticipation...

as for resetting tokens i think there is a feature that enables the issuer to take them back at any time.  maybe that would help?

Aren't you curious what the OP said? It as well might have some anti-fuzzy stuff written all over it.

[for the casual readers fuzz has me on 'ignore' so he is totally unaware what the OP or  any other of  post of mine contains (supposedly). He is sleeping better that way, (or so he says). You should try it if you experiencing similar problems]

/ derailing my own thread
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:21:04 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline fuzzy

Love it. loved the idea of the SPORTS.NFLAFC/NFC tokens and now the Hillary / Trump tokens coming soon. im loving this stuff. its starting to make my mouth foam in anticipation...

as for resetting tokens i think there is a feature that enables the issuer to take them back at any time.  maybe that would help?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

xeroc claimed in a post not more than 2 weeks old that he has found a way to reuse them. The possibility does not seem too unbelievable if all previous holders are paid out after settling the asset.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Yep, I would definitely have an actual reason to use Bitshares if I can bet on the presidential run and other fun prediction markets.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Assuming in one week PM assets can be cleared to reuse. [some input and info from @xeroc  will be highly appreciated]

example is for BTC binary option series, but the same applies to every market (currency, index whatever)

The committee buys:
BTC_Monday1percent, BTC_Monday2percent, BTC_Monday3percent etc..
BTC_ Tuesday1percent, BTC_ Tuesday2percent, BTC_ Tuesday3percent

and so on for each day of the week

those are PM (aka binary option) assets, the backing asset is bitUSD.

The witnesses are set to be the one settling the asset. They publish once a day the price at close (the price is taken from whatever the contract states at time 3:00PM Eastern or whatever)
The contract is a call binary option with strike: 1% (2%, 3% as per the name of the asset) percent above yesterdays close..

SVK displays them in the GUY as real prices (using the last publish close price) , not percent above yesterday's close.(!!!Optional!!! and does the borrow sell in one step aka hides the borrow step  from GUI view)

You have the first BTS killer app (well maybe the first of many) . Overtaking over the binary option markets.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:18:45 am by tonyk »