Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Core Team 2019  (Read 9278 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
What's the reasoning behind this?

The most obvious point is that the chain can no longer afford a core worker team of a similar size and scope.

Some individual team members have additional reasons, but IMO it's pointless to discuss them. Anyone who has followed the discussions and events during the past couple of months should be able to come up with a pretty good guess what these reasons might be.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Is the old core team going to add a new worker proposal ?

No, the 2019 Core Team does not intend to create a 2020 WP. Individuals may be providing proposals for future development effort.

This is terrible news, the core team has done so much for Bitshares!  What's the reasoning behind this?

Offline Fox

No, the 2019 Core Team does not intend to create a 2020 WP. Individuals may be providing proposals for future development effort.
Witness: fox

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

Offline R

• View Profile
The current worker proposal expires on 29 DEC 2019. Funding for the core worker 1.14.163 was “fully funded” due to BTS price peaking in July and requested suspension of votes to allow other workers to be funded. However, BTS price continued to drop and thus the core worker is not considered fully funded if it were to operate at full capacity.

Why didn't core worked at full capacity last months but just like 20% ?

It says it in the report:
The current worker proposal expires on 29 DEC 2019. Funding for the core worker 1.14.163 was “fully funded” due to BTS price peaking in July and requested suspension of votes to allow other workers to be funded. However, BTS price continued to drop and thus the core worker is not considered fully funded if it were to operate at full capacity.

So refund400k, devaluaing of bitassets and inactive worker proposal status is the reason why.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 05:45:22 pm by R »

Offline Thul3

• View Profile

Why didn't core worked at full capacity last months but just like 20% ?

Offline Fox

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
As a proxy voting for this worker, I do fully understand the concerns raised by @dexy - I came to ask myself the very same questions.
My conclusions is that this is the cost for an **independent** development team. If we (the BTS community) wanted this cheaper, we'd
need to hire a company to work on this. Developers in that company would earn less (probabably about 60-80$/hr) and will be managed
by the company. But then, don't expect that this company will invoice only the rates of those developers. That's not how a software
house can survive for long, profits need to be made for the company too, hence, you are looking at a rate that is at least as high as
current core devs'. And even if you found a company that was willing to contribute for less, I still prefer to have our own team that's
knowledgable trusted and loyal to the BitShares community. Totally fine with paying for that.

Offline iamredbar

$125-$150 per hour for C++ developer?!?! seriously?!
An average wage is $42/hour. The highest is $96/hour.

see https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=C%2B%2B_Software_Engineer/Salary

BitShares Core Team Budget Worker Proposal - 2019

* Author: Ryan R. Fox ("fox")
* Complete Document: Steemit Post.
    TOTAL CONFERENCE BUDGET (ONE-TIME) $74,320
WTF?! This is absolutely NOT necessary for development. It should be a separate proposal or a personal decision of the developers, if they want to spend their OWN money from the salary.

Your proposal is very inadequate. It needs to be revised.

ps. why did you ignore these questions on Steemit?

I do not agree. This team has been supporting the Core of BitShares for a while and has done a great job. Representation of the Core team at conferences is a vital part of the publicity of BitShares, we cannot ignore that. BitShares already has a lack of publicity and if we can get representation included in a worker, that is something that I am for (and suggest other people vote for as well).

Offline R

• View Profile

You're looking at salaries, not contractor rates. I've known of people on $1000/day when contracting.

It's now actively voted in, it doesn't need to be revised, technically.

Offline dexy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: dexy

BitShares Core Team Budget Worker Proposal - 2019

* Author: Ryan R. Fox ("fox")
* Complete Document: Steemit Post.
    TOTAL CONFERENCE BUDGET (ONE-TIME) $74,320
WTF?! This is absolutely NOT necessary for development. It should be a separate proposal or a personal decision of the developers, if they want to spend their OWN money from the salary.

ps. why did you ignore these questions on Steemit?

Offline Fox

HackTheDex will be separate worker proposal?

Yes, Hack the DEX will remain an independent Worker in 2019. Both the Core and UI teams support the Hack the DEX initiatives. Collectively our review time and the rewards are paid from that WP. Our development/bug fix time is paid from the respective development team WP.

Offline Fox

Besides SmartCoin and UIA ,we need UnionToken.
ebit you raise a very interesting topic here. I am keen to discuss it further. However, respectfully, I feel we should discuss it within a new forum post specific to UnionTokens. If one already exists, please provide the URL and we can discuss further there. Else, I suggest you open a new topic (and post the URL here). As mentioned above, 瞳沈 (Tong Shen) is working with the Core Team to better connect with the Chinese Community and he will help us with translating and advancing the conversation further.

Thank you,
Fox

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline ljk424

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ljk424
说实话,bts理事会有孙宇晨10%的营销能力,那bts的市值以及稳定币的格局就不是现在的模样。bts有着比其他项目超前好几年的系统功能和机制,可惜理事会真的效率太低,甚至太无存在感了,理事会还不如几个见证人对bts的影响大,而且,对于发展社区和保护社区,基本处于旁观状态,多少btser被反复蹂躏,社区越来越散,人也越来越少