Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Blockchain maintenance developer  (Read 7948 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Re: [Worker Proposal] Blockchain maintenance developer
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2016, 10:58:23 am »
Thanks for the detailed report!

I think we're getting good value for the money here.
Please vote for my BitShares witness "cyrano" and for my STEEM witness "cyrano.witness"!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Online bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2016, 06:55:58 am »
in China Community discussion seems the main point for this worker proposal is:

the price is too high.

as:

1.the job is normal maintenance/update job.
2.comparing to the date this proposal is created, the price of BTS has rised a lot.

so maybe a 20~30k  perday price is reasonable in current date?

I don't think I got enough knowledge and information to give such a suggestion, but I hope this can be a starting point for discussion.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-com

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2016, 01:45:31 pm »

the price is too high.

as:

2.comparing to the date this proposal is created, the price of BTS has rised a lot.

I don't think I got enough knowledge and information to give such a suggestion, but I hope this can be a starting point for discussion.

[member=23]bitcrab[/member]  +5%

What if the worker agrees to refund the portion of his worker each month to match the rate or close to the rate you are talking about, would that at all change the voting position in China?

I'm trying to determine if there is a solution to be created for the current worker proposal to continue. Is something like this sufficient?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | World's First Decentralized Tournament Platform Built Entirely on the Blockchain!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline dannotestein

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2016, 02:41:56 pm »

the price is too high.

as:

[member=23]bitcrab[/member]  +5%

What if the worker agrees to refund the portion of his worker each month to match the rate or close to the rate you are talking about, would that at all change the voting position in China?

I'm trying to determine if there is a solution to be created for the current worker proposal to continue. Is something like this sufficient?
It was always my plan to refund unused pay from the worker and I have to value it's expenses in USD for tax purposes anyways, since that's what most of the sub-contractors are getting paid in, so I'd be fine with operating with the above expressed spending limits on the current worker (or even less if BTS appreciates significantly enough). But I'm not interested in creating a whole new worker at this point, as there is a significant cost associated with that and there would be no guarantee it would get voted in anyways.

BlockTrades itself is still very busy at the moment (we're adding support for several new unique coins  and we're preparing for our public offering), and CNX is pretty tied up with STEEM it seems, so I don't expect we could do much at the moment anyways. In addition, I'll be gone on vacation to be with my parents for the latter half of the month, so I'd suggest we take up this discussion again near the end of April.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Online bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2016, 03:17:13 pm »
[member=11]dannotestein[/member] then let's continue to discuss this at the end of April, have a good holiday.

[member=19864]BunkerChain Labs[/member] yes I think this work proposal have chance to continue, if the price can be limited in a relatively reasonable level, we should support useful and efficient work, if it is not over paid.

Offline dannotestein

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2016, 03:57:46 pm »
[member=11]dannotestein[/member] then let's continue to discuss this at the end of April, have a good holiday.

[member=19864]BunkerChain Labs[/member] yes I think this work proposal have chance to continue, if the price can be limited in a relatively reasonable level, we should support useful and efficient work, if it is not over paid.
sounds good

« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2016, 04:18:38 pm »

sounds good

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | World's First Decentralized Tournament Platform Built Entirely on the Blockchain!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2016, 08:15:14 pm »
Are there people in China that are able and willing to take on maintenance?  Perhaps the best solution is to outsource this support to people who are more cost effective for the blockchain.

I think all that would be required is to identify someone trustworthy enough to grant access to github.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2016, 08:40:30 pm »
I think all that would be required is to identify someone trustworthy enough to grant access to github.   
[member=18687]abit[/member] certainly deserves access to github
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline svk

« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2016, 08:55:16 pm »
Abit has my vote as well, he's a machine!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2016, 09:01:43 pm »

+5% agreed
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2016, 10:00:23 pm »

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Steemit Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2016, 11:26:39 am »

+5%
Thank you guys, perhaps my skills fit the job, but I'm afraid that my rate won't be as low as [member=23]bitcrab[/member] and/or other Chinese community members expected, since I'm not living in China, nor a junior developer.
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

Online bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2016, 12:25:56 pm »
[member=11]dannotestein[/member] could you update us on this proposal? you are still working on this, right? and what's your plan on it in the coming future?

Offline dannotestein

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2016, 02:00:32 pm »
[member=11]dannotestein[/member] could you update us on this proposal? you are still working on this, right? and what's your plan on it in the coming future?
Hi [member=23]bitcrab[/member],

I answered this in another thread (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22528.msg293114.html#msg293114), but I guess parts of that thread bear repeating here:

I'm treating the funds accumulated in this account as "allocatable" to blockchain maintenance projects. So if someone proposes to fix a bug at a cost I consider reasonable, I can guarantee that there's sufficient funding to pay for the work. So while funds will build up at times when no one is specifically working on a project, those funds will only be paid when work is performed (and I'll post about the amount paid and what work was done by whom). If the amount builds up to an amount I consider excessive, I'll simply send some back to the reserve account.

At this moment, I've allocated $1000 USD equivalent of BTS (actual amount paid will depend on BTS price at time of payment) from the fund for BlockTrade's work on the memo key bug. I'm also planning to spend some from this account to partially pay for work being done on adding the ability to distribute dividends to UIA holders. Beyond that, we'll just be on the lookout for other problems that arise or a compelling feature that seems to have community support that can be added at relatively low cost.

In other news, I have hired a new web programmer who will start in 2 weeks, and I plan to assign him some tasks related to improvement of the web wallet. If there's no major objections, I would pay him part of his salary from the blockchain maintenance worker and I'll subsidize the rest.