Author Topic: [ANN]Now Open: ShareBits CrowdDonations  (Read 15551 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Is the project still opened for donation or not?

Offline bang-king

Offline fuzzy

@kuro112 I donated but I put the btstip.io tip code in the memo.  :(

its ok bang-king :)
i got yours a long time ago and have it in the spreadsheet
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kuro112

Just curious, would it be possible to build payout systems (e.g. for miningpools) using sharebits? Is there a way to send tips via API calls? Could eventually be a simple way to implement manual withdrawals without having to track anything yourself.

it is very possible yes, we do not CURRENTLY support a public api however its super doable, and the 'tip' system and certainly be used to payout users in a programmatic way.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
Just curious, would it be possible to build payout systems (e.g. for miningpools) using sharebits? Is there a way to send tips via API calls? Could eventually be a simple way to implement manual withdrawals without having to track anything yourself.

Offline fuzzy

sorry if this is located in this thread somewhere ... but how does the tipping bot interact with the referrals?

Referrals are something that we are currently waiting to implement.  At present we are testing core functionality.  Then we will be able to dig more into the referral system.  We are currently looking into it, but would love to have it so there is a way to enable you to Share with a new user and when they go to retrieve them, they are referred by A) the user or B) by the system. 

If it is A (the user), then it would take a small cut of the fees generated for system maintenance and to provide buyback/dividends for the ShareBits. 
If it is B (the system), then likely all but a small % of the referral fees generated would go to the token holders. 

*****NOTICE******
http://sharebits.io/Home/Claim?cid=441&code=PcoKniWubzOqIlgi
Please check this link and post feedback.  The first person to do so will receive a second tip for helping us test!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:27:29 pm by fuzzy »

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
sorry if this is located in this thread somewhere ... but how does the tipping bot interact with the referrals?
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
What if the 9k isn't reached, let's say you get 5k, will the 50k sharebits be distributed through the donators as well? meaning each person who donated gets more share bits?

One thing I might have missed or you didn't mention, people don't need to tip ShareBits, they will be able to tip bitUSD, bitAsset BEER, bitAsset COFFEE, bitCNY, etc, right?

Very sorry @Akado. I was not intentionally ignoring your questions.

1) If we dont receive 100% funding (which is so highly unlikely that i almost feel it is a bit of a waste of time to cover), their will be a reduction in the amount sharedropped on BTS and BROWNIES by the % unfunded.  So for instance if we are missing 10% of the crowdfunder donations required, we will take 10% of the Sharedrop off of the community.  This is to incentivize people to get others onboard and help significantly inprove the chances of a full sharedrop of NEARLY HALF of the ShareBits.  However, i can say i will likely go sell some of my silver to pay it myself if that happens for some reason...so it is highly (almost nonexistent) in likelihood.

2) yes.  The idea is that we want to open it up to enable people to send ANY bitshares UIA and bitassets.  This bot very well might even allow us to later on send other tokens like peercoin, btc, ether...etc. but that would have to be verified with the rest of the group. :)
However, one final note...if we were to have the ability to do something like the decentralized exchange that enables people to insert peercoin and get a UIA for it that is traded on the bts decentralized exchange, then it is pretty much guaranteed any coin our community adds will be Shareable using the ShareBot. ;)

No problem, thanks for the reply. I also think what you're doing with 1) is the best strategy because of what Alt mentioned (dunno if it was on this thread). Kuro read it and knows what I'm talking about.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kuro112

What if the 9k isn't reached, let's say you get 5k, will the 50k sharebits be distributed through the donators as well? meaning each person who donated gets more share bits?

One thing I might have missed or you didn't mention, people don't need to tip ShareBits, they will be able to tip bitUSD, bitAsset BEER, bitAsset COFFEE, bitCNY, etc, right?

2) yes.  The idea is that we want to open it up to enable people to send ANY bitshares UIA and bitassets.  This bot very well might even allow us to later on send other tokens like peercoin, btc, ether...etc. but that would have to be verified with the rest of the group. :)
However, one final note...if we were to have the ability to do something like the decentralized exchange that enables people to insert peercoin and get a UIA for it that is traded on the bts decentralized exchange, then it is pretty much guaranteed any coin our community adds will be Shareable using the ShareBot. ;)

honestly nothings stoping us from doing that as is, we could technically support any crypto at all.

currently we do not however, only because the daemons required and the security concerns with holding coins on a non decentralized network.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline fuzzy

1) If we dont receive 100% funding (which is so highly unlikely that i almost feel it is a bit of a waste of time to cover), their will be a reduction in the amount sharedropped on BTS and BROWNIES by the % unfunded.  So for instance if we are missing 10% of the crowdfunder donations required, we will take 10% of the Sharedrop off of the community.  This is to incentivize people to get others onboard and help significantly inprove the chances of a full sharedrop of NEARLY HALF of the ShareBits.  However, i can say i will likely go sell some of my silver to pay it myself if that happens for some reason...so it is highly (almost nonexistent) in likelihood.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:44:01 am by fuzzy »

Offline fuzzy

I like the project.

But I don't like the idea airdrop to community.
If your business can success, it's the best reward for community.

you need keep more shares for next fund, encourage your future team member,
if you keep less than 50%,  you'll lost motive power for the project.

you should ask venture capital instead of crowdfund, less than 10% shares for crowdfund is acceptable.

I don't want to say but it's the fact, most BTS are hold by speculators, they will have no contribute to your project.

I appreciate the input alt :)

We did this because it helps bitshares holders if their is a culture that forms around the token that essentially makes outside crypto holders realize that holding bts will be highly likely to give them stake in other, future associated projects. 

Imagine, for instance, if every bitcoin holder was sharedropped a portion of every new innovative token that came out.  Just imagine how many people would want to hold btc it this was the case for btc.  Do you really think it would harm btc and crypto? I personally think people would begin focusing on the technologies underlying the tokens they receive and would be far more likely to be strong hands.

But not only that...brownie holders are going to hold many as well...and we fully expect they will help drive future sharedrive initiatives and inspire bts holders to follow suit ;)

the sharedrops are a great way to give back and motivate people to contribute ideas and time to help out for sure,

also we will be doing a buyback so dont forget that ^^

Yep^ :D

Offline kuro112

I like the project.

you should ask venture capital instead of crowdfund, less than 10% shares for crowdfund is acceptable.

I don't want to say but it's the fact, most BTS are hold by speculators, they will have no contribute to your project.

We did this because it helps bitshares holders if their is a culture that forms around the token that essentially makes outside crypto holders realize that holding bts will be highly likely to give them stake in other, future associated projects. 

Imagine, for instance, if every bitcoin holder was sharedropped a portion of every new innovative token that came out.  Just imagine how many people would want to hold btc it this was the case for btc.  Do you really think it would harm btc and crypto? I personally think people would begin focusing on the technologies underlying the tokens they receive and would be far more likely to be strong hands.

But not only that...brownie holders are going to hold many as well...and we fully expect they will help drive future sharedrive initiatives and inspire bts holders to follow suit ;)

the sharedrops are a great way to give back and motivate people to contribute ideas and time to help out for sure,

also we will be doing a buyback so dont forget that ^^
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline fuzzy

I like the project.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:13:31 am by fuzzy »

Offline kuro112

I like the project.

thats honestly a really valuable perspective and one we hadnt completely considered, we will be discussing it.
CTO @ Freebie, LLC

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
I like the project.